Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pfrog

Monitored Alarm

Since our house will be left empty most of the day (all working), a monitored alarm will be a great addition. Have anyone installed one in your home? If yes, please recommend and give feedbacks.

Give you an example of a system I had when I lived overseas. There are motion sensors placed around the house to detect intrusion. Upon opening the front door, you will have 10 secs to enter a pin code on a number pad. If you fail to do so, the alarm will sound, and notify the security company. They will call you to find out if it is a false alarm. If you do not answer the call, they will notify the police to send someone over to your home.

The only one I came across is at this link:

ADT

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Since our house will be left empty most of the day (all working), a monitored alarm will be a great addition. Have anyone installed one in your home? If yes, please recommend and give feedbacks.

Give you an example of a system I had when I lived overseas. There are motion sensors placed around the house to detect intrusion. Upon opening the front door, you will have 10 secs to enter a pin code on a number pad. If you fail to do so, the alarm will sound, and notify the security company. They will call you to find out if it is a false alarm. If you do not answer the call, they will notify the police to send someone over to your home.

ADT

I have the ADT system in my place. Basic package is $40 per month for 3 yrs then the system is yours to keep. Comes with one motion sensor, one door contact sensor, one wall mount main control and 24 hrs monioring service.

I bargained with them and managed to get them to throw in a home insurance with NTUC for free. Insures renovation/structure for $300k and personal belongings for $36k against fire, disaster, burglury etc...

I think pretty worth it cos the insurance alone is aorth about $15 a mth if I get myself...

Edited by hobbes187

Another alternative is to just procure your own security alarm system and have an installer install it. You pay for the hardware and installation and it's a one time cost, no monthly charges and if you get those wireless ones, no major wiring and hacking required.

I have a wireless one with "xx" no of channels and it can be connected to an external alarm but the internal is already deafening and it also has the ability to dial an emergency number that it can call if one of the protocol is broken. All is programmable.

What i provided for this alarm is power plus a dedicated phone line and you are all set. As for motion sensor and also all the contact pts, they are all wireless and you can just keep adding to it. Just be aware of how many channels you have, usually it will be sufficient. If not you may need to wire them into a "daisy" chain to save on the channel and very much like grouping in a particular area etc.

It has internal battery, so it will help if you lose power.

If you need to go one more step further you can get another survellance system to complement this. Currently, many of these system can connect to internet and also gsm mobile. If required, you can have visibility to the break in. Hope this helps for you to shortlist on what you need.

ADT

Another alternative is to just procure your own security alarm system and have an installer install it. You pay for the hardware and installation and it's a one time cost, no monthly charges and if you get those wireless ones, no major wiring and hacking required.

Hi Wuga98,

care to advise where to purchase your mentioned hardwares. Also what is the price range for the basic items you have mentioned. Lastly can you also help to advise where to get the installers and how much do they charges. Thanks.

Hi hobbes187,

Can you PM me your contact to ADT. Thanks. How long was it when you make ADT include the insurance?

Thanks both.... :yamseng: