Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blursss

J&j - Journey To Our Resale Flat @ Bt Merah View

carpentry to remove the stuff? Not hackers?

*confused*

My carpentry will hack & remove all the extisting wardrodes, shoes racks and kitchen cabinets.

My carpentry had told me that my ceiling is higher than normal HDB flat which exceed 8ft & he charging me higher. Is that true, anyone can advise? :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

erm thought most hdb exceed 8ft? :dunno:

8ft is only 244cm leh, even my previous home 25yrs old liao also more than 2.5m

furthermore, the plank they use is only 8ft

so anything more is just use a piece of laminate and cover only

charging higher is only justified if he is going to use exceptionally long planks to utilise the space :deal:

My carpentry will hack & remove all the extisting wardrodes, shoes racks and kitchen cabinets.

My carpentry had told me that my ceiling is higher than normal HDB flat which exceed 8ft & he charging me higher. Is that true, anyone can advise? :dunno:

mm did you try to measure it yourself? HDB is slightly more than 8ft. like mine. if you live on top floor it'll definitely exceed. maybe some flats will exceed ba for all levels ba

you should try to measure to see what he says is true? then if he really is going to make your wardrobes so high (all the way to ceiling) then I guess it does justify the "small" increase.

Wah.. Seems very fast leh. Flooring and wiring done. Now gg to do carpentry. Cools. Sure can meet ur moving in deadline.

Yupz, the contractors/IDs that I went to also said standard height. If any extra, will have to charge more.

mm did you try to measure it yourself? HDB is slightly more than 8ft. like mine. if you live on top floor it'll definitely exceed. maybe some flats will exceed ba for all levels ba

you should try to measure to see what he says is true? then if he really is going to make your wardrobes so high (all the way to ceiling) then I guess it does justify the "small" increase.

Yes, I did measurement it was ard 8.6ft higher than my current place.

My wardrobe will be from the ceiling to the floor and same with the wardrobe door.

The standard planks used was 8ft hence they will need to order longer plank to make the wardrobe.

Wah.. Seems very fast leh. Flooring and wiring done. Now gg to do carpentry. Cools. Sure can meet ur moving in deadline.

Yupz, the contractors/IDs that I went to also said standard height. If any extra, will have to charge more.

My carpentry will finish by end Dec'08 or 1st wk of Jan'09, we're targetting to move in by 10th Jan'09. ;)

Progress of my reno :-

Service Balcony / Kitchen

171208210dt0.jpg

Washing Machine Base

171208212bg5.jpg

Fridge Base

171208213gs8.jpg

Common Toilet Basin

171208211ik4.jpg

Master Bedroom Basin

171208222ku4.jpg

Found this shop (Home-tech) in Jalan Besar price much cheaper than shops there. They carry very nice design of the shower head & bath accessories. The saleman (Thomas) was very friendly & helpful as we asked lots of questions before deciding the brand of the heater & shower head.

Shower Head - MBR

171208207wz0.jpg

Shower Head - Common Toilet

171208208mz3.jpg

Storage Heater

alp50lnb8.jpg

Stainless Steel cabinet with mirror (similar design)

cabinetku2.jpg

Total damage from this shop $750.00 :notti:

Yes, I did measurement it was ard 8.6ft higher than my current place.

My wardrobe will be from the ceiling to the floor and same with the wardrobe door.

The standard planks used was 8ft hence they will need to order longer plank to make the wardrobe.

if he is ordering longer plank and longer laminate then it's worth to pay more

no forgetting the longer plank / laminate can't fit into the lift so they'll have to carry it up dunno-how-many-floors :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

if he is ordering longer plank and longer laminate then it's worth to pay more

no forgetting the longer plank / laminate can't fit into the lift so they'll have to carry it up dunno-how-many-floors :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Hahaha, they will need to climb 11th floor... :notti: