Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear All,

I need to enquiry. My ID just gave me a variable order. I had some roman pillars in my resale flat.

In my contract with my ID, I had asked him to get rid of the roman pillars, but in the end, his workers had spoilt the mosaics at the corner of the wall in the centre of the living room.

Early during the renovation, I had asked my ID to change my windows in the kitchen. In the process, yet again, he spoilt the mosaics and told me that it is difficult to find back as it is of a different colour. So he suggested to plaster up till a higher height and then just paint over it. Which I agreed because I thought it will save the efforts to find the old mosaics... and it was not conveyed to me that he is going to charge me for that... I simply thought he was trying to ease the efforts to find the things that he spoilt.

Now, I am charged for the plastering up wall below the window and the mosaics that they spolit in the living room.

Is that reasonable to pay? I felt very weird as I thought if they spoilt the things, they should replace it back?

:bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

First thing is to be reasonable and assess if its possible to save the mosaic tiles when you asked the contractor to do those works. If not, then its inevitable lor.

Anyway, VO can bargain one lah; its a small industry's trick to try and upp their income. During the last few days of works, my ID also gave me a VO consisting of things which I thought was supposed to be free. Just negotiate with him lor, say that he never quote you a price when he do it so its partly his fault also mah.

It is difficult to assess if the mosaic can be saved as it was hidden inside the roman pillars.

As for the mosaic under the windows, it was actually a few but he said that when his workers were getting rid of the window frame, they knocked off some, actually only about 3 or 4.... but he said it was difficult to find and so asked me to do what he suggested.

But I felt that it was abit weird cos when he hacked off my doorframe and affected the floor tiles, he replaced it for us for free as he said that it was spolit by him...

But this is not the same???

It is difficult to assess if the mosaic can be saved as it was hidden inside the roman pillars.

As for the mosaic under the windows, it was actually a few but he said that when his workers were getting rid of the window frame, they knocked off some, actually only about 3 or 4.... but he said it was difficult to find and so asked me to do what he suggested.

But I felt that it was abit weird cos when he hacked off my doorframe and affected the floor tiles, he replaced it for us for free as he said that it was spolit by him...

lol, u should debate wif him... Y pay for the damage which he done indirectly???

Its better to have a gd meal urself than paying for this...

I would say that those mosaic tiles hidden inside the pillars would be inevitably damaged, because there is little chance of saving them.

As for those near the windows, are they so near to the window frame that the latter cannot be removed without knocking some mosaic tiles off? If so, then its also inevitable. But if its an accident, and since he already admitted that his workers knocked them off, then he should 'make good' for free, which means he cannot charge you for the plastering and such.

Also, maybe to replace the floor tiles is cheap (or even free because got extra tiles?), but to replace the mosaic is expensive so they want to charge to you lor. Just reason your way out, ask him to prove to you that the damages are inevitable and not out of negligence.

Well, guess will have to discuss with him again....

His stand is that since his worker charge him... then he got to charge us lor...

Anyway, y is replacing the mosaic expensive? My mosaic is not those modern de... its those old fashioned type that people use to do skirting....

I went to a tile shop that he used to ask too... Think its only one row of a few at $1 wor.....

But he is charging us over hundred for the damages to be made good.....

Well, guess will have to discuss with him again....

His stand is that since his worker charge him... then he got to charge us lor...

Anyway, y is replacing the mosaic expensive? My mosaic is not those modern de... its those old fashioned type that people use to do skirting....

I went to a tile shop that he used to ask too... Think its only one row of a few at $1 wor.....

But he is charging us over hundred for the damages to be made good.....

Gd, somehow u're getting the idea... Negotiate wif him the reasons peacefully ar... Conflicts is bad bad bad...