Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Ami

Contractor Issues

Hahaha, tad ID very traditional n Da Nan Ren hor??? Maybe the word SORRY isn't in his dictionary leh... Anyway he rectify for u liao lor... U be the DA REN lor, forget XIAO REN's fault la...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I also had a little bit of your kind of encounter. I saw some wrong things, I called for stop work, they still proceed. Here is what my findings:

RADAC: no use if that contractor is not RADAC-registered. I suspected no, otherwise won't be a contractor, will be an ID.

CASE: no use also. It's just a Hello Kitty, i.e no mouth to talk.

SCT: Can have some action. Just need to go down pay $10 or so to get things start rolling. But this is the ultimal, meaning u are using court action upon him. Also meaning to say u will need to gather evidence i.e SMS, pictures, signed quotation, writings, emails etc.

Your mistake: over paying, letting him proceed when u called for stop work.

Remedy: Do everything in writing. In every meeting, take down notes of what had been discussed. Take pictures, give detail drawings, paste on the wall, so nobody can say someone didn't tell him. Withhold payment until things are done according to contract or in writing.

How to do a real stop work: lock the door or change the lock. or if u can, shoot him with a lawyer letter to wake him up.

I totally appluad this approach:

1. Lock gate with your lock. refuse entry and any continuation of work.

2. "date" the contractor n list out all problems and agreement in explicit black n white way to the last details... leave blanks for him to agree on datelines n remarks like materials n finishing.

please also leave space at e end for all to agree, sign with dates...

3. List also your payment schedule based on progress of work... in this instance insist of balance payment only after related remedy & works are completed after a joint inspection with quality satisfied.

4. Spell out in the meeting what you "hate" about the style hes adopting like doing the house his way without consulting you in the most diplomatic way yet scarcastic enuf to make your point.

5. if you can "record" your meeting with cassette tape.

Too extreme in above suggestions? hahahaa I will do the above...

In fact, i sack my contractor after I discover some problems here n there but luckily he finally agree to complete this part n we settle amiciably...

For now I am on my own n I go direct etc lor... I feel better...

:dancingqueen:

I am curious are you engaging the ID or contractor for service?

If you are engaging ID why don't go to ID and ask the ID to settle with contractor about the rework??

I am curious are you engaging the ID or contractor for service?

If you are engaging ID why don't go to ID and ask the ID to settle with contractor about the rework??

Aiyo, u never read the post here carefully ar?

She enganged a contractor, who is the boss of tad company...

So no upper hand to refer to for her miscomforts...

8|