Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ziztine

Ikea Ektorp Sofa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ektorp has been quite comfy so far. I got the 3 seater and have been having afternoon naps on it. The cover is just fit on and zip type, so it is easy to do. The main frame is also made of pine wood, so expect would be rather durable. I have only had it for 2 months tho.

The down filling provides slight inconvenience as they will poke u occasionally and you may have feathers escaping. However, for the price, it is hard to get something decent at other places and this is a nice sofa.

Thanks for your feedback! This is the 2nd time I read that the feathers might escape. But I dun quite understand how that is possible. Via the zip area?

Thanks for your feedback! This is the 2nd time I read that the feathers might escape. But I dun quite understand how that is possible. Via the zip area?

Through the fabric - the sharp end of the feathers poke through the fabric, like with feather pillows. It's only one feather every few days and my sofa seems to have settled down. No feathers the past few days.

Saw some really nice sofas at Ikea yesterday though. It has leather covers and costs about 1000. Was quite comfortable and looks contemporary, I was tempted to get. :)

Edited by ryan13680

Through the fabric - the sharp end of the feathers poke through the fabric, like with feather pillows. It's only one feather every few days and my sofa seems to have settled down. No feathers the past few days.

Saw some really nice sofas at Ikea yesterday though. It has leather covers and costs about 1000. Was quite comfortable and looks contemporary, I was tempted to get. :)

I see :) Thanks for explaining. My kids hv slight eczema. So am a bit more careful.

I am still undecided betw fabric & leather. This time round, I am hoping to be able to create a more country style feel to my living room. I have been shopping around & can't seem to find something similar. Suede fabric seems to be so much more popular these days.

I see :) Thanks for explaining. My kids hv slight eczema. So am a bit more careful.

I am still undecided betw fabric & leather. This time round, I am hoping to be able to create a more country style feel to my living room. I have been shopping around & can't seem to find something similar. Suede fabric seems to be so much more popular these days.

I understand - I have eczema too, so far, so good. Leather seems to require more care than fabric, because you can't just wash it. You need to use cream and conditioner and manually cover the whole sofa with it. I have also heard that it is quite warm, tho other ppl say that only synthetic leather makes you warm.

This should not be a prob tho, if you have a maid who helps you clean. :)

If you are going for country style, I think ecktorp is quite suitable. You could go with the flowery cover or the striped ones.

I understand - I have eczema too, so far, so good. Leather seems to require more care than fabric, because you can't just wash it. You need to use cream and conditioner and manually cover the whole sofa with it. I have also heard that it is quite warm, tho other ppl say that only synthetic leather makes you warm.

This should not be a prob tho, if you have a maid who helps you clean. :)

If you are going for country style, I think ecktorp is quite suitable. You could go with the flowery cover or the striped ones.

Thanks for the reassurance :)

I have no maid. I AM the maid. :P

That's the ones I am eyeing!