Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kenshin11

Parquet or Laminated?

Anybody have any advise on the Pros and Cons of whether to lay Parquet or Laminated floorings?

well, i know this is will be a quesiton asked throughout this generation.

i would like to contribute 2 cents worth of my idea.

Solid wood. why use solid?

First reason is mainly because it is one whole piece. no 2 piece joint which means laminate.

Second reason is more durable and lasting if the species chosen is correct, like teak is long lasting.

Third reason is very important. Reuseable - you can ALWAYS RE-SAND and looks like new flooring again.

Lastly i believe it brings more warm feeling to the bare foot compared to the plastic looking laminate which i personally feel is more cold.

well, some may even add that if you use solid wood, your house is of a higher class compared to laminate which everyone knows is cheaper.

Then, when we use laminate?

Well, if you are not a wood person.

wood is easily scratched. even the best water based coating to give the wood the best protection can be scratched. laminate are scratched prove as they invest money in putting a hard plastic layer to prevent fire and scratch.

wood are naturally grown and you cannot expect them to be even in colors and the grain may be wild at times. so if you want even color like laminate or if you want same kind of grain, the laminate and print out and gives you the color you want.

Laminate is fast in installation. the day they come to install the same day they fininsh and they can get paid.

as a shop owner, you may choose laminate as it does not requires for sanding and varnishing. or wait for the glue to dry. laminates is just click click click and done. floating system means, if you want to move and the laminiate is still good, .... you can unclick and move it to the next location in less than a day.

no glue, no sanding is required for laminate. fast, clean and good color feel will be the reason why you choose laminate. of course, price wise, you save a lot of money.

however, do beware that laminate usually peels .... especially near toilet areas or places with water ... especially after 1 year or so. if do not believe, i do have friends house that starts to peel ....

well, in summary, i feel that laminate is good for shop houses, so that they can open shop faster.

solid wood is still good for homes.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request