Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ClockworkO

Cement Screeding Entire House

Hi all...

I need help & recomendations..

I wish to cement screed the entire house floor , except the 2 bathrooms.

I basically want an Industrial look.

Anyone have any recomendations for a contractor who can do a good job in cement scredding + application of epoxy coating ?

How much would it cost , I understand cement screeding is normally FOC and it's ard $400 for the epoxy coating. So how much is the total estimate including labour ?

Thks for all your time~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The cement screeding on my kitchen walls is free la. The epoxy coating and plastering cost us $300.

How much it costs depends on the floor area... Do the current tiles need to be hacked up?

There was one forummer who tried to do cement screeding and the whole thing ended up in a mess and he had to pay to have the place tiled. I think it was Sumobear (you can go find his T-blog chat)

So you have to make sure that the ID/contractor you find has done this before and knows what to do...

The cement screeding on my kitchen walls is free la. The epoxy coating and plastering cost us $300.

How much it costs depends on the floor area... Do the current tiles need to be hacked up?

There was one forummer who tried to do cement screeding and the whole thing ended up in a mess and he had to pay to have the place tiled. I think it was Sumobear (you can go find his T-blog chat)

So you have to make sure that the ID/contractor you find has done this before and knows what to do...

Thks PinkPetter...

My plan is to just get a kitchen & 2 toilets reno package Most ID firms charge betwen $12-$15.

Additional request is :

Hack kitchen wall ( open concept ) ,

Hack whole house tiles

Hack existing wadrobe

Dispose of debris

and cement screeding for entire house.

Other carpentry works will be done by a separate carpenter, can save up to 50%-80% on cost. Coz my friend got lobang.

But most ID die-die want me to get tiles, Or they are not too sure about cement screeding.....aiyah !! :bangwall:

I want my house to look like void deck cannot meh ? heehee

heyhey. no probs.

I found Sumo's blog for you... trouble started at the end of page 2...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=7897&st=40

mmm how much are you setting aside? $20k? What is the unit size?

Ya if they dont seem confident about the cement screeding just forget about them ok? Better than if they use u as a guinea pig.

*I'm such a kaypoh*

heyhey. no probs.

I found Sumo's blog for you... trouble started at the end of page 2...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=7897&st=40

mmm how much are you setting aside? $20k? What is the unit size?

Ya if they dont seem confident about the cement screeding just forget about them ok? Better than if they use u as a guinea pig.

*I'm such a kaypoh*

Thks Dear...

Took at look at his blog, very infomative ! :)

Anyways...you're not kaypoh ahh..or at least kaypoh for the right reasons :yamseng:

hi clockwork, which contractor you got to do your cement screed flooring and walls? also i saw that you used ikea pole system for your wardrobe secure and good?

how much ?

thanks, linda

Thks PinkPetter...

My plan is to just get a kitchen & 2 toilets reno package Most ID firms charge betwen $12-$15.

Additional request is :

Hack kitchen wall ( open concept ) ,

Hack whole house tiles

Hack existing wadrobe

Dispose of debris

and cement screeding for entire house.

Other carpentry works will be done by a separate carpenter, can save up to 50%-80% on cost. Coz my friend got lobang.

But most ID die-die want me to get tiles, Or they are not too sure about cement screeding.....aiyah !! :bangwall:

I want my house to look like void deck cannot meh ? heehee