Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
XiaoBinBin

B&b's Love Nest @ Bishan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wah the portion near the part you're saving very difficult to do leh... and it's done so nicely! Good job!

The tiler will further slice the tile to the edge of door so that when the door is closed....the living room tiles are showing not laminated floor.

How's your reno so far? I'm waiting for Henry to return with quotation. Seems like he's busy... :P

Just visited the unit today. The progress is good and Henry actually enjoys our cooperation. He says we work together like a team..haha

He is very strict so I need not have to worry too much. You will be in good hands =)

Half the living hall floor very very nicely done.

Kitchen floor in progress

Common toilet floor overlay very very nicely, matching in line to existing wall tiles. They will be match grout colour with the floor tile.

MBR toilet wall tiles thumbs up! About the floor....it was the most exp tile from Hafary (the rest are from Hup Kiong), sad to say they are not exact 300x300. Unable to match against the wall's 300x600 exactly in alignment. Still ok to accept as toilet has WC, vanity top and shower kerb to conceal the floor to wall tile alignment issue.

Just found out that the tiler worked 9 yrs for Henry!

Henry takes about 2-3 days to reply a quotation. Plus he was on course last week.

Next week phase 2 discussion with carpenter will be in progress.

Edited by XiaoBinBin

No pictures huh?? Show us leh....

hee with HTB....will show with more pics this weekend because the hob/hood/sink/sanitary will be delivered this sat!

Weeee!

Day 13

Tiling completed.

Personally QC done halfway but the general idea is to check the following:

1) Any hollow tiles

2) Any unsightly tiling

3) Leveling of the floor

My dad lent me his Laser Chalk to check the "water leveling" and the straightness of a line. We found some uncommon area (storeroom/room passage) tiled lower or higher - KIV to check if reasonable to accept the variation. The laser chalk is very expensive but pretty useful to check tiling works. The tiler was very surprised at my QC level. *Exert pressure hurhur*

Asia Excel also made delivery today and was extremely on time 9:30am. HTB was just making his way over only...hee but me so happy to see my franke sink and rinnai hob/hood.

Lights purchased from A.F.Lighting House (329 Balestier Rd) - Service is great!!! Practical proposal ^_^

- 4 x downlights with double tube each (made in europe, very easy to open and change bulb)

- 1 x living hall ceiling light with double tube (nothing fancy hee)

- 1 x mbr dresser ceiling light with single tube (nothing fancy too)

the rest of the lighting points will be recycled.

In consideration, LED light for indoor plant area + T5 lights in mbr headboard.

KIV pictures ya....HTB and I very busy this weekend because Monday is the BIG DAY to confirm wall colours and ALL CARPENTRY details...OMG K.O.

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Day 15

HTB and I spent the whole weekend brainstorming to prepare for today.

1) Paint colours <--This is took us 1.5 days to decide OMG

2) Carpentry & Laminates - Kitchen, Wardrobe and MBR Toilet Vanity

3) Electricial

Luckily both of us are well informed of things to do, so HTB talked to Henry (main contractor) about colours and tiling QC.

Tiling QC Check

Henry asked the main tiler boss to come personally to witness the gradient difference.

Was told that our bedrooms flooring are of not the same height.

We are overlaying with laminted flooring, so we can't alter the old flooring height hence accept the gradient difference.

Slight touch up on our blue mosaic in mbr toilet (I lurve my MBR toilet...serious hee)

Paint Colours - ICI

Living/Dining Hall/Study Room/Common Bedroom - Morning Dew

TV Wall - Misty

MBR - Daisy White & Mistral

Kitchen Wall - White

All toilet pipes - Glossy white

All door frames & gate - Lily white

While HTB was talking to Henry, mua was talking to carpenter about MY kitchen hee

Kitchen

EDL Laminate - Piano White

ABS Triming - Stainless Steel (accidentally picked the most expensive sia! but matches the white cabinets and grey floor)

Spectrum Solid Surface - Vanilla (Ice Ice Baby)

Layout is the same as drawing except I need some advice on the tall unit from the rest!

The original drawing is a tall unit oven opening from countertop height. (Only can allow 2 blum tandembox S2)

But I wanted a tall unit with 3 blum tandembox (1x S1 + 2 X S2) then the oven opening. The final measurement based on my small little build is oven opening from 42" height onwards. This will be about my neck level.

Pro: I have 3 drawers

Con: I MAY have a problem carrying out a hot baking tray?

Please give your opinions!!! Thanks!!!

Wardrobe 7ft

EDL Laminate - White Macre

Aluminium Door Frame with frosted glass

MBR Toilet Vanity Top

My cute little basin is W40cm x D40CM and H6"

Vanity top fully laminated with EDL ..Hmm forgotten the code

We feeling uncertain about the final height...32" high + 6" basin = 38" high -> too low or too high?

Henry suggested high basin to avoid too much bending over basin. For my case, I'm ALWAYS bending now matter what :P

Electrical

Our lights are delivered and Darren the cartoon electrician will start this tue (today!).

We highlighted difference electricial points and pasted on the wall for him. HTB has to explain a little more in person today.

PS: Will upload pictures tonight!!!

Upcoming schedule

This week: Electrical, KitchenWall Plastering, Plumbing, Flushing of wall recess | Citygas| Source my blum, s/s basket

Next week: Aircon, Wall Painting

Week after: Carpentry

Handover: 20th July!!! Zoom Zoom Zoom

Renovation Tip: Owner should progress faster than the speed of renovation so that things will be in place smoother.

Day 15

HTB and I spent the whole weekend brainstorming to prepare for today.

1) Paint colours <--This is took us 1.5 days to decide OMG

2) Carpentry & Laminates - Kitchen, Wardrobe and MBR Toilet Vanity

3) Electricial

Luckily both of us are well informed of things to do, so HTB talked to Henry (main contractor) about colours and tiling QC.

Tiling QC Check

Henry asked the main tiler boss to come personally to witness the gradient difference.

Was told that our bedrooms flooring are of not the same height.

We are overlaying with laminted flooring, so we can't alter the old flooring height hence accept the gradient difference.

Slight touch up on our blue mosaic in mbr toilet (I lurve my MBR toilet...serious hee)

Paint Colours - ICI

Living/Dining Hall/Study Room/Common Bedroom - Morning Dew

TV Wall - Misty

MBR - Daisy White & Mistral

Kitchen Wall - White

All toilet pipes - Glossy white

All door frames & gate - Lily white

While HTB was talking to Henry, mua was talking to carpenter about MY kitchen hee

Kitchen

EDL Laminate - Piano White

ABS Triming - Stainless Steel (accidentally picked the most expensive sia! but matches the white cabinets and grey floor)

Spectrum Solid Surface - Vanilla (Ice Ice Baby)

Layout is the same as drawing except I need some advice on the tall unit from the rest!

The original drawing is a tall unit oven opening from countertop height. (Only can allow 2 blum tandembox S2)

But I wanted a tall unit with 3 blum tandembox (1x S1 + 2 X S2) then the oven opening. The final measurement based on my small little build is oven opening from 42" height onwards. This will be about my neck level.

Pro: I have 3 drawers

Con: I MAY have a problem carrying out a hot baking tray?

Please give your opinions!!! Thanks!!!

Wardrobe 7ft

EDL Laminate - White Macre

Aluminium Door Frame with frosted glass

MBR Toilet Vanity Top

My cute little basin is W40cm x D40CM and H6"

Vanity top fully laminated with EDL ..Hmm forgotten the code

We feeling uncertain about the final height...32" high + 6" basin = 38" high -> too low or too high?

Henry suggested high basin to avoid too much bending over basin. For my case, I'm ALWAYS bending now matter what :P

Electrical

Our lights are delivered and Darren the cartoon electrician will start this tue (today!).

We highlighted difference electricial points and pasted on the wall for him. HTB has to explain a little more in person today.

PS: Will upload pictures tonight!!!

Upcoming schedule

This week: Electrical, KitchenWall Plastering, Plumbing, Flushing of wall recess | Citygas| Source my blum, s/s basket

Next week: Aircon, Wall Painting

Week after: Carpentry

Handover: 20th July!!! Zoom Zoom Zoom

Renovation Tip: Owner should progress faster than the speed of renovation so that things will be in place smoother.

Hi XiaoBinBin

Good progress!! I'm looking forward to your completion. By the way, Henry gave me his quotation already and I'm leaning towards him. Hopefully I can confirm soon.

When you get your blum, can PM me the pricing?? Hehe, I wanna get blum for my kitchen too. Henry won't get blum his customers at all right? So is it ok for me to assume that his quote for kitchen just include normal runners and hinges?

Edited by br0wnskinnedb0y

Hi XiaoBinBin

Good progress!! I'm looking forward to your completion. By the way, Henry gave me his quotation already and I'm leaning towards him. Hopefully I can confirm soon.

When you get your blum, can PM me the pricing?? Hehe, I wanna get blum for my kitchen too. Henry won't get blum his customers at all right? So is it ok for me to assume that his quote for kitchen just include normal runners and hinges?

Hi Hi

The kitchen will be the normal stuffs. For my case, I even have 8x hydraulic lift up system. Not sure any additional cost YET...haha

For blum, Henry or Carpenter can get it for you but I choose to source it myself to really understand what I need and buy.

This sat I'm all out the get my blum quotation with authorised dealer. Wish me luck >.<"

I'm also considering the old tandembox model @ ikea too.

BTW where's ur unit @?

Edited by XiaoBinBin

Hi Hi

The kitchen will be the normal stuffs. For my case, I even have 8x hydraulic lift up system. Not sure any additional cost YET...haha

For blum, Henry or Carpenter can get it for you but I choose to source it myself to really understand what I need and buy.

This sat I'm all out the get my blum quotation with authorised dealer. Wish me luck >.<"

I'm also considering the old tandembox model @ ikea too.

BTW where's ur unit @?

Mine's at Jurong West St 61....

8x hydraulic lift? the Blum chicken wings huh? I thnk they look like chicken wings... Then must be expensive lor...

Edited by br0wnskinnedb0y

More Pictures!!!

MBR Toilet - Laying of floor tiles in progress

New_MBRT1.jpg

MBR Toilet - Love the white white wall!!!

New_MBRT2.jpg

MBR Toilet - Now you don't see it

New_MBRT3.jpg

MBR Toilet - Now you do!

New_MBRT4.jpg

Edited by XiaoBinBin

The hand-drawn electrical points...haa

electrical.jpg

The laser chalk

laser_chalk.jpg

The correct way of usage:

1) Elevate above actual floor

2) Balance water levels

3) On the laser

4) Use ruler and sample check the laser height across the room

This is how I found out the some minor parts have gradient - no biggie but to my dad who used to be a main contractor, he thinks its not the best of course.