Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oohaahcantona10

Modern Minimalist In Bishan

The Empress Dowager also insisted on having a wall clock in the kitchen..."for what!??!", I protested, "just jolly well take a couple of steps towards the kitchen entrance and the monster "black lotus" clock would be well within view!

Anyhow, as with all Empress Dowagers of this world, a decree is a decree. A few days later, I find myself mounting this up, with dutiful obedience.

f_kitchenclocm_afad042.jpg

f_kitchenclocm_31de019.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your house looks great! I like the living room's dining area... And your MBR with the WIW... Your space is pretty well-planned and cut out nicely... How I wish I have a reno budget of 50K...

Hi fren,

when did u found ur clock ? i am looking around for a similar size like ur's but different design. Thanks!

The Empress Dowager also insisted on having a wall clock in the kitchen..."for what!??!", I protested, "just jolly well take a couple of steps towards the kitchen entrance and the monster "black lotus" clock would be well within view!

Anyhow, as with all Empress Dowagers of this world, a decree is a decree. A few days later, I find myself mounting this up, with dutiful obedience.

f_kitchenclocm_afad042.jpg

f_kitchenclocm_31de019.jpg

As mentioned in an earlier post, needed an artsy display to fill the gap between the panels of the full height shoe cabinet. Rather redundant to be honest, but since we have unabashedly spotlighted the gap in question...kinda moronic to leave the space vacant.

Got this piece made of fossil stone over the weekend. Wife quickly saw the romantic side and gushed that the display piece epitomises the two of us sharing whatever joy (or burden) that may come our way in our journey together. (Incidentally, the piece is quite unimaginatively titled "two man carrying a bowl" by the manufacturer). Me, cynical as usual, mused in response, "eh, the tangible lack of jugs on either of the figurines confirmed that both represent the male gender...kamasutra position somemore so it's **** wrong la...the main deliverable for me is that the centre bowl they are carrying offers a convenient lobang for me to throw my keys in when i get home. Great buy!!"

Wife probably couldn't believe she has signed herself up for a lifetime of such irreverent banter.

f_shoecabart1m_bda0e65.jpg

f_shoecabart2m_6fbeb05.jpg

Last pic. entries for this evening, for the benefit of dear brothers/sisters on the forum who have PM-ed me for more close-up pics of...

The centrepiece lighting in the living room

f_livinglightm_17170ef.jpg

The spotlights on a track which will illuminate my commissioned art piece (when it arrives)

f_tracklightm_2df6953.jpg

Close-up of the organza curtains (quite dark though, doubt can see the texture properly...paiseh paiseh)

f_curtainclosm_fee0861.jpg

Hi Booy, thanks!

Let me recall, you are Smartie's wife from Bishan too! As I recall, the resale you bought looked pretty good as it is, so perhaps no need for you to splurge. I recall liking your MBR bathroom and was surprised that you are hacking it up!!! The wall tiles seemed nice and in good condition - reminded me of Angsana Spa in Bintan!

Your house looks great! I like the living room's dining area... And your MBR with the WIW... Your space is pretty well-planned and cut out nicely... How I wish I have a reno budget of 50K...

Hi there,

the one in the living area's from Molecule at Great World City...kitchen clock from Iwannagohome, also in GWC.

Hi fren,

when did u found ur clock ? i am looking around for a similar size like ur's but different design. Thanks!

Hi Ashes,

the irony is - I am the cook!!! hahaha...

anyway, saw your banner which says your big day's 5 mths 10 days away? When exactly? Mine's on 4 Oct (Sun)...seems like our big days' pretty near each other's.

hahaha u so cute. she can check the timing properly when cooking in the kitchen mah. i like both ur clocks! :)

Hi Ashes,

the irony is - I am the cook!!! hahaha...

anyway, saw your banner which says your big day's 5 mths 10 days away? When exactly? Mine's on 4 Oct (Sun)...seems like our big days' pretty near each other's.

mine's 3 Oct! haha congrats! ;)

Hi Booy, thanks!

Let me recall, you are Smartie's wife from Bishan too! As I recall, the resale you bought looked pretty good as it is, so perhaps no need for you to splurge. I recall liking your MBR bathroom and was surprised that you are hacking it up!!! The wall tiles seemed nice and in good condition - reminded me of Angsana Spa in Bintan!

I like the lamp in your living room.. Close up photo makes it look even prettier..

You have a good memory... I like the MBR bathroom and it's really in a good condition, but not when I need to maintain it.. According to our household chores separation, cleaning of the toilet is my job.. So I have to make sure that the toilet is a easy to maintain one.. :D

Man, you are smart! I must say women are often ahead of us men on this one.

I like the lamp in your living room.. Close up photo makes it look even prettier..

You have a good memory... I like the MBR bathroom and it's really in a good condition, but not when I need to maintain it.. According to our household chores separation, cleaning of the toilet is my job.. So I have to make sure that the toilet is a easy to maintain one.. :D

Rasp,

before I forget - I did managed to measure the width...it's abt 3.25 metres.

Hi oohaahcantona10,

Your living look pretty neat and suit its style as a minimalist.

May I check with you about the width of your living area (that is, the length of your window)? I am drawing up my living room with a L sofa so wondering how much is your space there, if you don't mind. :)

I recall the curtain guy saying that can hand-wash, line dry (no machine wash). But best to confirm this again before you get it.

That type of curtain is what I am looking for. Organza... wonder if easy to wash???