Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
libratiger

Chengal Wood For Planter

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Anyone has any recommendation on cheap and good contractor for planter chengal wood? Thanks!

You can try Liang Hoe Huat, look for Joesph Ang, told me you are recommended by Eric from Pasir Panjang

Here is their website. FOC onsite quotation

http://www.liang-hoe-huat-landscaping.com.sg/

You can click my T-blog to see how they did it....

how much does it cost to cover the planter box with chengal wood?

easier to ask them come onsite to measure and quote you...FOC anyway and no obligation

I received a quote about 20psf

I called and they quoted me even higher 900 ++ for 34sft

That's almost 30psf!!!

Hi,

Anyone has any recommendation on cheap and good contractor for planter chengal wood? Thanks!

Does anyone know where to buy indiviidual cut-to-size chengal wood? I have installed about 3 years ago a platter area using chengal wood

but a couple of pieces have broken up due to wear-and-tear.

i did my planter box decking with Wood & Wood. Used Chengai Wood for it. Good service from their staff and installation team. Workmanship was good and they managed to finish my 3 planter boxes in one day. Very efficient i would say. i will definitely highly recommend Wood & Wood for those looking to do chengai decking. Look for Brendon, their sales guy. Very good service from this young chap.

i did my planter box decking with Wood & Wood. Used Chengai Wood for it. Good service from their staff and installation team. Workmanship was good and they managed to finish my 3 planter boxes in one day. Very efficient i would say. i will definitely highly recommend Wood & Wood for those looking to do chengai decking. Look for Brendon, their sales guy. Very good service from this young chap.

another one post wonder phantom member self advert

another one post wonder phantom member self advert

no offence zhiz. i wish i can be a young chap again. ha.

purely a recommendation. i cant care less if people go to the company or not. i got mine done and was satisfied.

so i presume there are loads of self-adverts here in this forum eh? am a newbie. just wanted to get some suggestions on doing customised furniture here.

thanks! :)

I called and they quoted me even higher 900 ++ for 34sft

That's almost 30psf!!!

Apparently, there is a minimum charge of $300 for area less than 50 sq ft.

@ Junior , u say u normally quote $27-$30 psf (is these market price), are u a chengai wood supplier or also a contractor?

When u say depending how big area ...is 73sqft big enough? or ...what is your defination of "big" ..

thanks and sorry for being so direct ... casue i am looking for a contractor that provide chengai installation.

Have you considered other alternative to chengai wood? Wood is vulnerable to termites, cracking, fading and so on. For myself I chose recycled plastic that looks exactly like wood, very beautiful and neat, no need to restain every year, more eco-friendly and very durable and lasting. If you are keen you can see my pics on the forum thread here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41775

I paid quite a reasonable price for 2 balcony planters totalling about 115 sq feet. Around $20 psf. Good luck in your search! :)