Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
simonang29

Really Need Help On This, Type Of Walls Etc.

Hi all, Im a poly undergrad here. years ago, the wall that seperate my living room and study room was knocked down. now i wanna rebuild a wall for that area to make it into a room for myself. im not sure what type of walls should i use but i perfers glass wall. is it possible? if yes? how much will it cost. Also , other than glass wall, wad other options have i left with? and the cost?

Thanks everyone, i attached a picture below to roughly tell the situation im in.. sorry its not well done =/

Situation A

SituationA.jpg

Situation B

SituationB.jpg

Blue coloured lines are the area that i intend to build the wall on.

Thanks for all ur help! =D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, Im a poly undergrad here. years ago, the wall that seperate my living room and study room was knocked down. now i wanna rebuild a wall for that area to make it into a room for myself. im not sure what type of walls should i use but i perfers glass wall. is it possible? if yes? how much will it cost. Also , other than glass wall, wad other options have i left with? and the cost?

Thanks everyone, i attached a picture below to roughly tell the situation im in.. sorry its not well done =/

Situation A

SituationA.jpg

Situation B

SituationB.jpg

Blue coloured lines are the area that i intend to build the wall on.

Thanks for all ur help! =D

the curve parts are actually doors. the main area to see are the walls.. haha.. really sorry about that..

so far I know there's gypsium board, glass and hollow block. Gypsium board is the cheapest

hey thanks meltwy, btw. can quote me the price for gypsium board? glass and hollow block?

THANKS! =D

help help please =/

Dun go for gypsum board, it feels like a cheapo partition.

Go for hollow block if you wan, cost ard 1.5k+-, with door and door frame.

Dun go for gypsum board, it feels like a cheapo partition.

Go for hollow block if you wan, cost ard 1.5k+-, with door and door frame.

hey shuseido, thanks for the reply. wow.. 1.5k.. thats expensive.. haha... and glass wall? does it cost more or less the same?

thanks.. really appreciate it..

hey shuseido, thanks for the reply. wow.. 1.5k.. thats expensive.. haha... and glass wall? does it cost more or less the same?

You can try MDF (Medium Density Fiber) board...much cheaper and closer to wall

Thanks Kartell! nice penthouse u got there! =D

by the way what material is the false ceiling or L box made of? can it be use as walls? any cons?

thanks

I think glass is more expensive. But it will be nice and bright for your study room.

A friend of mine just reno his office - every piece of tempered glass is around $1K. If your wall is long you will need a few pieces of the tempered glass.

Best to ask a contractor to quote you so that you get the actual cost.