2Nos. 9,000BTU indoor

1 No. outdoor 24,000

Toshiba inverter

R410A gas

Thailand copper tubes

Insuflex class 0

Cheap?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am not sure about the model, but when I accompany my future FIL to gain city to buy air-con, the salesman says Toshiba inverter is the most value for money now, cos cheaper than Mitsubishi & Daikin, consume less energy, and is fully made in Japan (whereas the others are assemble in Thailand or other developing countries). But cos it never do advert, nobody knows it.

GC always push for Toshiba, high commission?

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

check for NEA website yourself and compare then you know what brand got the better, best efficiency.

the last time i check a month ago, Toshiba inverter was cheaper mainly because what they pushing was a 20k BTU unit whereas the rest were 27K BTU.

Edited by hon

GC always push for Toshiba, high commission?

http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp

check for NEA website yourself and compare then you know what brand got the better, best efficiency.

the last time i check a month ago, Toshiba inverter was cheaper mainly because what they pushing was a 20k BTU unit whereas the rest were 27K BTU.

Thanks man. Indeed GC is selling at $2,799 for 16,000btu and 9,000btu x 2.

But best tech selling cheaper at $2,610. But heard best tech not very good. Dun know whether iszit true

But best tech selling cheaper at $2,610. But heard best tech not very good. Dun know whether iszit true

Hi,refer under forum topic"best tech aircon@imm'' and after reading thru the forum,you will have a better understanding of their services and installation etc.

In my own view,i won't save on a few bucks and take the risk.If things goes wrong,it's definitely not worth it :rolleyes:

hi, which GC branch did u went? i was quote 2850++ for the same configuration.

i was quoted by gc, $2739 for sys 3 inverter with free extended warranty-5yrs.

got to pay additional:

$180 to upgrade 3 rms pipping to armaflex

$85 for 2 times installation (1 time install piping, 2nd time install air con unit)

is this reasonable? they gave me an option to go for system 4 inverter at $3729 with free extended warranty-5yrs. PLUS to pay the additional item as above...

any advice if this is good deal?

i was quoted by gc, $2739 for sys 3 inverter with free extended warranty-5yrs.

got to pay additional:

$180 to upgrade 3 rms pipping to armaflex

$85 for 2 times installation (1 time install piping, 2nd time install air con unit)

is this reasonable? they gave me an option to go for system 4 inverter at $3729 with free extended warranty-5yrs. PLUS to pay the additional item as above...

any advice if this is good deal?

Hi SeaShell

Have you decided on the air con? I am also looking at the GC Toshiba System 4 offer.

Went to MS GC. Got the same offer as you.

Hi SeaShell

Have you decided on the air con? I am also looking at the GC Toshiba System 4 offer.

Went to MS GC. Got the same offer as you.

hi! yes i confirm taking the system 4 offer.. but i have some hiccups... before i confirm the ssytem 4, i want them to come down my house to survey where to place the aircon n how to run the piping..cus i have built in furniture and i dun want to have any conflict. as usual, the told me i can place the compressor at the air con ledge and run to toilet, then into my rooms n etc...

but when the actual day installation comes, the installer told me off. say it is IMPOSSIBLE to run that way. the piping is too long and will cause water condensation in the long run esepcially i am using system 4. ask me to pay $150 for the bracket to have the compressor install at the master room..

was quite angry because in order to have the piping conceal, i already paid my contractor to do false ceilings in my 2 toilets... now then he tell me actually cannot run piping in that manner... so u better make sure u confirm the wiring path, if additional cost may arise, try to bargain for it to be FOC... afterall the sys 4 is almost 4k... btw, salesman told me, sys 4 inverter made in japan :)