Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

50" Lcd Will Be Blur When Watch Tv?

Heard from a salesman that 50" LCD when watching tv will be blur, is it true? He said 42" is the best size. But thought of buying 50" then get a Wii or PS3. Hehe.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

best is to get the salesman to connect the tv to the free-to-air signal and show the differences to you in the shop.

watch the "demo" at the same distance as you would at home. I'm using 42" and I found it to be more blur compared to another smaller 32" in the bedroom (same brand), but still acceptable to me lar

Edited by hawthorne

as for will or pc hook up it will be better than tv programs . lcd is the bigger the more blur for plsma is the bigger the better 50inch less ppl buy lcd .ppl will get plasma more .

as for will or pc hook up it will be better than tv programs . lcd is the bigger the more blur for plsma is the bigger the better 50inch less ppl buy lcd .ppl will get plasma more .

Oh ok, then maybe got to convince my wife to go for a 42" then. Heard from pple, plasma phasing out so not good to buy now, later cannot find spare parts etc. Sigh, really a lot of consideration, still got to think what brand to buy.

i dont think it'll be that bad as the resolution will still go by the number of pixels per sq inch........i've a 50" DLP & the pic quality is tip top for free to air channels.....

Heard from a salesman that 50" LCD when watching tv will be blur, is it true? He said 42" is the best size. But thought of buying 50" then get a Wii or PS3. Hehe.

Really depend....

If you are buying a 50" TV, you must sit at a reasonably distance away from the TV. Of course if you sit very close to the TV, even a 32" will appear to be blur.

Also depend on what you are watching. If it is HD, then it will be reasonably sharp. But if it is a normal free-to-air program, it might appear blurish.

depends on the response time.

LCD has lower response times. Some have reponse times starting from 7-8ms to as low as 2ms.

It should be as low as possible so as not to see the flicker effect on fast moving screens.

Second is frequency, how many times in a second it refreshes the screen, 50 hertz will refresh 50 times in 1 sec, 100Hz will refresh 100 times in 1 sec.

there is one LG model - 47 inch - 200 Hz and 2 ms response time, no flickr for 3000 dollars, giving one 32 inch(50Hz) LCH free.

But i would rather go for plasma - picture quality better than LCD for bigger screens - panasonic 42inch plasma now is for 700 dollars only. After 4-5 years - throw the plasma and then buy a 200hz LED tv for that price... :)

depends on the response time.

LCD has lower response times. Some have reponse times starting from 7-8ms to as low as 2ms.

It should be as low as possible so as not to see the flicker effect on fast moving screens.

Second is frequency, how many times in a second it refreshes the screen, 50 hertz will refresh 50 times in 1 sec, 100Hz will refresh 100 times in 1 sec.

there is one LG model - 47 inch - 200 Hz and 2 ms response time, no flickr for 3000 dollars, giving one 32 inch(50Hz) LCH free.

But i would rather go for plasma - picture quality better than LCD for bigger screens - panasonic 42inch plasma now is for 700 dollars only. After 4-5 years - throw the plasma and then buy a 200hz LED tv for that price... :)

Ya maybe should change my mindset and go for a Plasma instead. Plasma also got HD? Sigh sometimes this is good, that criteria is bad, so really headache thinking what to buy.

Ya maybe should change my mindset and go for a Plasma instead. Plasma also got HD? Sigh sometimes this is good, that criteria is bad, so really headache thinking what to buy.

Do'nt bother too much about HD, will take a long time for channels to be HD. Buy HD ready - good enough already.