Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Ceiling Fan

I measured from ground to ceiling is 102 inch/2.6 Meters /8.5 feet.

Anyone have any shops to recommend ? I am deciding to get my lights from Lights Aracde, they have a file filled with many brands of ceiling fans. (have not take a look in details yet though).

Got a couple of questions to ask.

1) Buying from lighting shop ok ? or anyone knows a better place to get it. Dont know if Goh Ah Bee sells. lol

2) Usually with light kit is more expensive right, some experience flickering shadows. How often you all use the lights from the fan ? Its more of a want than a need ?

3) As stated above of my measurements to ceiling, how many blades is recommended for good wind circulation and at the same time not dangerous (afraid its too low) ?

4) What is the preferred material of the blades for better wind ? Their pros and cons. Some use wood, acrylic and metal.

5) Which is the recommended brands ? KDK, Crestar, Amasco, Elmark ? Which brands' customer service better ?

6) Installation can be done by renovation contractor ? or we need specialize technicians to do a proper job like balancing, etc.

7) Can installation of ceiling fan be done after renovation ? If so, do we need to ask reno contractor to do any extra points or other special needs just for the ceiling fan ?

Sorry ask so many questions, my first time buying ceiling fan :P

Edited by Zio

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Paid about 360 for mine, 5 blade with lights, remote control.

Came with installation.

It was installed after renovation was done and walls painted.

Does cause flickering shadows, but it doesn't bother me and after a while you don't even notice it. Unless you are epileptic!