Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prune

What Colour For Feature Wall And Walls?

Hi all,

Need some help, I am getting a red sofa (blood red) for my living room, I want to ask for suggestions of the feature wall and the surround walls. Anyone know what will looks good? At the same time I do not want the whole place to look very dark and gloomy.

Sorry and thank you for all responses.

Regards

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

red can be paired with white or black. How about white paint for the walls and glossy black laminate or black tinted glass for the TV feature wall and console? What color is your floor?

Edited by zapped

red can be paired with white or black. How about white paint for the walls and glossy black laminate or black tinted glass for the TV feature wall and console? What color is your floor?

My floor is those milky white glossy homo tiles from HDB. Hmm Black Laminate...I am thinking of dark grey with those shining "dust".....if not maroon....what do you think?

dark grey is good. If your sofa is solid red in color, then you can go for laminates/wallpaper with designs/patterns... depends on the look that you're aiming for. based on the color of your sofa, i think most likely you want modern or contemporary theme, right?

Walls - white

Feature wall - raw timber

This will soften the hard solid color..... don't forget still got curtain soften the whole feeling.

I will opt to soften the look. Else when you have too many colors, you get giddy at home.

If however your sofa is a Cassina or B&B, I will put everything in very light tones or white and make the sofa the center pc of attraction.

Sorry, why do you need a feature wall? It is passe liao....

Edited by voxy

dark grey is good. If your sofa is solid red in color, then you can go for laminates/wallpaper with designs/patterns... depends on the look that you're aiming for. based on the color of your sofa, i think most likely you want modern or contemporary theme, right?

Hahaha paiseh...no theme in mind, just that my wife and me likes Red sofa...ya thnking of wallpaper too those with obvious textures kind..only concern is the high cost for doing one wall only.

Walls - white

Feature wall - raw timber

This will soften the hard solid color..... don't forget still got curtain soften the whole feeling.

I will opt to soften the look. Else when you have too many colors, you get giddy at home.

If however your sofa is a Cassina or B&B, I will put everything in very light tones or white and make the sofa the center pc of attraction.

Sorry, why do you need a feature wall? It is passe liao....

No feature wall, just the wall with the tv mounted. Hmmm ya quite true about feeling giddy....think will keep to 3 colours at most....

Helo, you looking for wallpaper?

I just pick 1 design last week for my living room. I think this type should match with red too.

P1010018.jpg

Took a picture of the poster as well

P1010019.jpg

No feature wall, just the wall with the tv mounted. Hmmm ya quite true about feeling giddy....think will keep to 3 colours at most....

Better keep simple since you choose to use furniture color as the focal point. All other color combo should be earth or neutral tone.

2008-1-8-methome.jpg

Ha ha.... try not to put those feature wall... I find it outdated and also waste of money. The worst ones are those with lights flying out from the side of the box.... super cina....

Edited by voxy

Better keep simple since you choose to use furniture color as the focal point. All other color combo should be earth or neutral tone.

2008-1-8-methome.jpg

Ha ha.... try not to put those feature wall... I find it outdated and also waste of money. The worst ones are those with lights flying out from the side of the box.... super cina....

Ya not planning to get feature wall..no budget for that and I think after a while will get sick of it liao....

Helo, you looking for wallpaper?

I just pick 1 design last week for my living room. I think this type should match with red too.

P1010018.jpg

Took a picture of the poster as well

P1010019.jpg

Thank you so much for the effort...can ask this wallpaper is from where and how much you are paying?

Thank you so much for the effort...can ask this wallpaper is from where and how much you are paying?

my ID is charging me $700 for 1 wall..

the wall paper is from goodrich.. should be cheaper if you get direct.

take note there is 2 kind.. this type, i would say its more 2D, with texture is of better quality..feels more like cloth

the normal will be really paper quality.

my ID is charging me $700 for 1 wall..

the wall paper is from goodrich.. should be cheaper if you get direct.

take note there is 2 kind.. this type, i would say its more 2D, with texture is of better quality..feels more like cloth

the normal will be really paper quality.

How much psf? Not cheap wor...

How much psf? Not cheap wor...

ID where got charge cheaper de, I think certain things if go directly will be cheaper.

I never ask for psf, just charges for 1 lump sum, cuz its all covered in my reno package.

She did mentioned, if use the normal wall paper will be abt $500.

I never go directly to compare prices, so i not sure.