Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JK_headache

Projector For Living Room

thank you my 2 frns !

looks like whats being offered at IT shjow cant be too good of a deal eh ?

Budget wise, tryin not to spend more than $1k :(

coz like ive said, aft doin our sums...kinda tight on budget...tats y the deals at SITEX looks tempting for us.

wats the best deal from what i have listed ? :D

HD20 goin for $2k plus rite? tat day i was at audiohse and spoke to one of the salesman...

goin down to view the stuff at the owners plc. in a while..hopefully he can give us a BIG fat disc. !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

well tell him to keep the setup if the price is more then $500 (everything)...the owner should not depreciate the equipment based on purchase price as prices have changed drastically even if we ignore the increments of value.

in the resale market, doubt anyone would even bother to pay S$500 for the setup.

alternatively, implement your setup in phases. buy speaker, AVR and bluray first and use normal LCD or Plasma. when budget next becomes available, buy PJ, etc....of course, this sequence can be tweaked to your needs.

hope u understand what i am saying....

hahaha, bro, gd one la !

frankly, i find the amt he asking is big high...due to the age and.....juz went to see...audio wise, still ok..but the rear right speaker no sound :(

currently he using Panasonic AE-PT200 PJ, and if i buy, need to change buld.

what u sayin makes sense...maybe i'll have to implement in phases due to our budget...

goin down to KEC@adelphi to see see look look....heard from frns and saw in forum tat their reputation not bad...not the pushy kind and paitient...

thanks man !

Nice!!

How are you going to transport it? Using Singpost from LA? or straight be UPS, FedEx etc...?

How about warranty. Is it worldwide and will the service ctr here honour it?

Going to throw away the box and stick into my hand carry :P

Nope it is not WW warranty, worse case is to lug it back ..... :(

BTW anyone has an opinion of Morel speakers?

Also how's the prices of AV one?

morel make good drivers, not sure about their home speaker range though but they are somewhat similar to dynaudio, using oversized voice coils.

my wife has morel's in her car and they sing very well....i have dynaudio at home, love em ;)

they are power hungry though.....

hahaha, bro, gd one la !

frankly, i find the amt he asking is big high...due to the age and.....juz went to see...audio wise, still ok..but the rear right speaker no sound :(

currently he using Panasonic AE-PT200 PJ, and if i buy, need to change buld.

what u sayin makes sense...maybe i'll have to implement in phases due to our budget...

goin down to KEC@adelphi to see see look look....heard from frns and saw in forum tat their reputation not bad...not the pushy kind and paitient...

thanks man !

So did you every buy a projector?

I'm now considering the Mitsubishi HC3800. got a decent price on it and found a dealer who has zero % installment with DBS cc.

So did you every buy a projector?

I'm now considering the Mitsubishi HC3800. got a decent price on it and found a dealer who has zero % installment with DBS cc.

halooo elfe....

my fiancee and i have discussed and worked out our sums again...due to tight budget, we decided not to spend so muc on the PJ 1st, by doin so, we can hav more $ for the rest of other stuff.

buyin whole set @ $1600 from the owner too exp liao, given the age of all his stuff...

saw infocusx16 @ $499 at sitex, know its not an ideal PJ but the price is low and we can use it temporary and when we hav more $, will change to a GOOD one !

but suay la...went back to sitex on the last day...all 100 sets sold out :(

went down to KEC, they told me SANYO PJ, cant remember the model but it will cost ard $2000+...too exp again...

finally, we spoke to the owner and got a deal...motorised screen + his panasonic AE-200 PJ @ $300...model really old thou, but our intention is to get the screen and to save the hassle of damaging the false ceiling, as the current motorisd screen is mounted, deep set, in the false ceiling...

now got to wait for nex IT show (march 2010?) to get cheap projector lor....targettin to move in by april next yr...so still can wait a bit :)

btw, how muc is ur quote for ur Mitsubishi HC3800? did a search on the web...looks not bad...

I am an owner of a Panasonic-PT-AX200E, 720p native, HD-ready projector for 10mths now. I use it in my living room with SCV or DVD or laptop.

But I only used it on weekend about 8hrs or so, as we have TV in the study and bedroom during weekdays. So that will work out a bulb lifespan of 4 to 5yrs.

This is a short-throw projector which gives me 90" @ about 3m. Given the size of living rooms, this is a major consideration, you don't want to buy a brand new projector and realised that it can only give you 60" due to space constraints...

I am an owner of a Panasonic-PT-AX200E, 720p native, HD-ready projector for 10mths now. I use it in my living room with SCV or DVD or laptop.

But I only used it on weekend about 8hrs or so, as we have TV in the study and bedroom during weekdays. So that will work out a bulb lifespan of 4 to 5yrs.

This is a short-throw projector which gives me 90" @ about 3m. Given the size of living rooms, this is a major consideration, you don't want to buy a brand new projector and realised that it can only give you 60" due to space constraints...

hi yjx,

how muc did u get ur PT-AX200E for ?

for the time being, i wont be gettin a projector as i will be buyin over the projector from the seller of my soon-to-be flat...also a panasonic ;)

hi yjx,

how muc did u get ur PT-AX200E for ?

for the time being, i wont be gettin a projector as i will be buyin over the projector from the seller of my soon-to-be flat...also a panasonic ;)

Around S$1850 frm Hawko SLS...

Have you checked out the model owned by him? Resolution, etc? You might be paying more for something outdated.

Around S$1850 frm Hawko SLS...

Have you checked out the model owned by him? Resolution, etc? You might be paying more for something outdated.

icic, thats not too ex for a buy, i suppose? :D

as for my buy...sigh, long story la...

i wrote in my previous post :(

end of the day, for the time being...my fiancee juz wanna get this done, with not muc cost.

like ive said, the projector is old loh...sure hav to change the buld, if we are particular, but when we went to see...still ok la...can tahan for a while, haha ! when we have the spare $....then we will change to a better one, soon i hope !

the purchase oso came with the motorised screen..the condition for it not too bad.

screen have curl up, yet...not yellowish oso.

if we dun buy, the owner will take it down and we need to spend $ of buyin a new screen and re-runnin the wires thru the false ceiling...dun wanna spoil it, thats y :) got the screen and PJ for $300 :)

icic, thats not too ex for a buy, i suppose? :D

as for my buy...sigh, long story la...

i wrote in my previous post :(

end of the day, for the time being...my fiancee juz wanna get this done, with not muc cost.

like ive said, the projector is old loh...sure hav to change the buld, if we are particular, but when we went to see...still ok la...can tahan for a while, haha ! when we have the spare $....then we will change to a better one, soon i hope !

the purchase oso came with the motorised screen..the condition for it not too bad.

screen have curl up, yet...not yellowish oso.

if we dun buy, the owner will take it down and we need to spend $ of buyin a new screen and re-runnin the wires thru the false ceiling...dun wanna spoil it, thats y :) got the screen and PJ for $300 :)

Ok lar, as long you guys are happy with it. My setup don't even have a screen or ceiling mount... :D My projector sits on a shelf, image is on a white wall and wires run through hidden mostly near the floor... :P

Have fun with your setup. ;)