Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dextro82

Our Lovely Haven

Minor crooked walls etc can be solved by plastering...too jia lat...abit bo bian..live with it, like my MBR ceiling as u can see from the picture.

ever considered false ceiling?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Dextro,

yes, do consider using false ceilings to conceal the ceiling defects. I think it won't cost very much. I am installing false ceilings at my study, living room, dining room and the walkway to the bedrooms, maybe about 70sqm, cost $1600. It is quite a worthwhile invesment in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies. From simple visual inspection I have detected that there are at least two "bent" structural crossbeams in the unit we're buying. My worry is that if it is visible to the naked eye, maybe plaster is not sufficient to correct the defect. But $70 psf for false ceiling seems to be a good way to hide the defect while allowing for lighting options. We'll be considering that.

Hi Dextro,

yes, do consider using false ceilings to conceal the ceiling defects. I think it won't cost very much. I am installing false ceilings at my study, living room, dining room and the walkway to the bedrooms, maybe about 70sqm, cost $1600. It is quite a worthwhile invesment in my opinion.

Yeah think that 1 way to solve the bigger crooks lolx. The only big problem with the ceiling is at my MBR, now i know why the previous owner did false ceiling for the MBR already hahah =D But i wun be doing it, as there will be a partiton for the WIW and 1/2 the room will have a 10cm platform, don't wan the room ceiling to look too low. We are also not having false ceiling, L BOX and what not for the whole house. (yeah.. nothing to conceal the wiring etc) The rest are crooked beam...so guess only plastering? =D btw, thanks bro!

Thanks for the replies. From simple visual inspection I have detected that there are at least two "bent" structural crossbeams in the unit we're buying. My worry is that if it is visible to the naked eye, maybe plaster is not sufficient to correct the defect. But $70 psf for false ceiling seems to be a good way to hide the defect while allowing for lighting options. We'll be considering that.

Guess from SGK, the false ceiling works out to be approx $22.5 psf. (70sqm for $1600) false ceiling sounds like the way to solve the problem, glad that at least its able to help you. Do consider it =D

Yeah think that 1 way to solve the bigger crooks lolx. The only big problem with the ceiling is at my MBR, now i know why the previous owner did false ceiling for the MBR already hahah =D But i wun be doing it, as there will be a partiton for the WIW and 1/2 the room will have a 10cm platform, don't wan the room ceiling to look too low. We are also not having false ceiling, L BOX and what not for the whole house. (yeah.. nothing to conceal the wiring etc) The rest are crooked beam...so guess only plastering? =D btw, thanks bro!

Guess from SGK, the false ceiling works out to be approx $22.5 psf. (70sqm for $1600) false ceiling sounds like the way to solve the problem, glad that at least its able to help you. Do consider it =D

Haha, I am referring to 70 square metres. which is about 800 square feet. So it is about $2.00 plus per square foot :).

Haha, I am referring to 70 square metres. which is about 800 square feet. So it is about $2.00 plus per square foot :).

ya didn't notice the difference in units hahaha

where did you get the book? how much is it? i want to get a copy as well if it isnt too exepnsive...

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. We got the book at Kinokuniya last yr.

Will try to upload a page or 2 for your reference soonest possible. :)

cheers

Back from the land of thousand smiles, THAILAND. Update on the house, left with some glass works, touching up of parquet and carpentary.

Matching Window Grills and Gate

4.jpg

Balcony...love the wall tiles.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Stairs

7.jpg

13.jpg

Edited by Dextro82

Still stuck without my dining, stairs and WIW lights...zzz gotta get them soon

MBR Toilet Glassware

9.jpg

10.jpg

Common Toilet.

12.jpg

Level 1 Toilet.

1.jpg

Kitchen Sliding Glass Walls

3.jpg

Finally settled on the lights for dinning and stairs. end of the day, still got the one that i liked best =D

Stairway Light

IMG_2299.jpg

Dinning lights

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Balcony Lights

IMG_4593.jpg

Recess Area Light

IMG_4601.jpg

hi dextro82,

Nice hse u hv! Love :wub: ur balcony, very relaxing feel. Seen like we both hv quite the same taste...hehe. Cos we hv lotsa of Glass works done. And we hv the same stainless steel railing. Guess ur theme must but clean & bright kinda feel.

Can't wait to see ur kitchen to be done up! :yeah:

Cheers :yamseng:

hi dextro82,

Nice hse u hv! Love :wub: ur balcony, very relaxing feel. Seen like we both hv quite the same taste...hehe. Cos we hv lotsa of Glass works done. And we hv the same stainless steel railing. Guess ur theme must but clean & bright kinda feel.

Can't wait to see ur kitchen to be done up! :yeah:

Cheers :yamseng:

Yeah, guess clean and bright sounds pretty close to what we wanted. Also waiting for the Kitchen to be done up...zzzz taking way too long. The stainless steel railing was left behind by the previous owner...one of the very few things that i left behind hahah looks good with the current stairs =D

Currently looking at your T-blog too =D