Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eugela

Types Of Wardrobes And Their Normal Per Foot Run Price

Hi all, based on a standard carpenter quotation, I think there are 3 main types of wardrobes:-

1. The casement door type @ 200pfr

2. The standard sliding door type @ 220pfr

3. The better Alum frame with Glass type (smoother track) for 260pfr

Question:

1. Do you think the option 3 at 260pfr is reasonable price?

2. Do you think it is worth to spend more for the better tracks to have smoother opening and closing?

Anyone who have done it, pls welcome to give me your quick comments as I need to decide very urgently

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I believe it is still tracks at the top and bottom. But somehow it is very much smoother in operation vs the traditional slide door

Is smoother and lighter, no doubt but the sliding door is not as durable compare to a wood frame support wardrobe. If you accidently slide the door harder it will fall off compare to wooden frame wardrobe. If you are interested to know more, pm me for more details.

my alumn sliding door done by mr kok wouldnt fell off leh, the t/b got track but the door top section sit inside the track wor..so will not drop out.

my carpenter price for 1 $185 2 $195 3 $240

Thanks to all for your valuable info.

I have check as in Option 3, sliding door with alum frame and tracks, the top consist of 2 horizontal rubber wheels running along a inverted U shape alum track and the bottom is a thin wheel running on a track.

The opening and closing is indeed smoother than the normal wooden slide door but I am not sure if the frame they used looks OK or not as it seems very "industrial" type.

Anyone kind enough to post some pictures here of your wardrobe frame and sliding mechanism will help me very much.

Thanks