Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Hi shay_d,

I bought it from Goh Ah Bee for $200+ i think, can't really remember the exact cost but i do remember the difference between the 30L and the smaller one from ariston is only about $20-30 difference so might as well get the bigger one... :P

Ariston is a good brand, the previous one in my present house lasted us more than 10 years before it started leaking because of corrosion of the pipe. Other than that, the heater was still working fine... :notti:

:yamseng:

Shivan,

Where you install the storage heater? Kitchen or toilet? wah should be quite big rite for 30L ??

I got 5 ppl in the family.. so might end up getting a 30L also... if not have to schedule bathing times... if everyone wants to enjoy a hot warm bath... :dunno:

Gadgetman,

I have space issues too... what I did was my single beds I'm getting those storage beds.. and I get my ID to customize my queen size bed frame to have drawers below... so can put more things.. :(

Edited by Snuffleupagus

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi

i aso dun wan the bathrooms door, i will wan to change it to bi-fold coz tat will save space. bo bian lor if HDB dun wan to return us the $$ even if we r not using it :dunno:

So hws today gethering? sorry that i couldn't attend.. did ur took pics, can post n share wif us :yamseng:

Hi All,

Anyone mind to post the pics of the doors?.

I was thinking to get one from HDB myself for one of my suggested study room.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks!

Hi Gadgetgal, think u dun hv to get from HDB.. cos i believe that someone will be more than willing to sell u the door at lower cost :yamseng: provided that door is not damage upon removing la.

Hey, anyone saw the papers today? There is going to be a office block to be errected at the plot of land next to the TPY Entertainment Centre. It was reported that the building will be about 10 to 12 storeys high and will be mianly office space with shops below. I was wondering if this structure will block the view of some of the units to the....TPY Swimming Pool! I think the 79C 39 and 41 units will be most at risk...Will go up the unit and check this evening again...Hope can still see the nice clear blue water of the pool next time :dribble:

Hi All,

Thanks!

Hey, realised there's a Gadgetgal in the forum too....I am sure we are not related! :dribble:

Hi Gadgetgal, think u dun hv to get from HDB.. cos i believe that someone will be more than willing to sell u the door at lower cost :dribble: provided that door is not damage upon removing la.

i think chrispy will be glad to sell his door @ $10, self-collection. LOL!:dribble:

Gadgetman,

I have space issues too... what I did was my single beds I'm getting those storage beds.. and I get my ID to customize my queen size bed frame to have drawers below... so can put more things.. :dribble:

Hey thanks for the sharing...I am also having drawers done under my platform bed, but I think the storage space will be minimal. It's quite frustrating, I guess I will have to dump more of our useless junk before the moving over...

hi guys, need some advice on the followings:

1. for haulage and debris, i was charged $900 for 4rm.. Is this the same for the rest of u? And also, do town council provide us with sand or any material?

2. For cement screeding, do HDB also provide material or solely labour only?

3. Hacking of the L shape wall between master bedroom and bedroom beside it, we will need to pay PE fees rite? I was told, $500 is just for the engineer to endorse on the paper and there will be additional charges like the transportation or time he spent, etc. and the total amount can come up to $1k???

Shivan,

Where you install the storage heater? Kitchen or toilet? wah should be quite big rite for 30L ??

I got 5 ppl in the family.. so might end up getting a 30L also... if not have to schedule bathing times... if everyone wants to enjoy a hot warm bath... :dribble:

Gadgetman,

I have space issues too... what I did was my single beds I'm getting those storage beds.. and I get my ID to customize my queen size bed frame to have drawers below... so can put more things.. :good:

Hi Snuffle,

I installed it in the common toilet in my present house. The size is quite ok lah... Not gigantic... :dribble:

In my new flat, I'm also going to install a 30L one even though there is only me and my wife! Can take 1 hour baths... longer than dino's 30 mins also no problem! hahaha... ;)

Hi Folks,

Got a gadget lobang here for those who are thinking of installing a home entertainment system in your new home. My colleague is selling a lightly used BENQ video projector for a very good price. The model is MP610 and the specifications can be found here:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-MP610.htm

I understand this is a 2000 lumens projector, so you can even use indoors in the daytime. The projector had only been used for 77hrs out of a total lamp life of 3000hrs - so it is almost like new! The asking price is only $650, the new price is about $1899. This is certainly one item that will transform your home into an impressive place for entertainment! Will beat any 46" LCD TV anytime!

Do drop me a note if you are keen...me not taking any commission - just doing a favor :dribble:

hi jo,

count me in for the aircon hunt.... are we gonna make a trip to the shop together??I really hope so.. we can arrange a date to go togather le

Hi,hi...

do count me in as well. Yeap, am going for AllBest in IMM. my email is: gadgetgalsg@gmail.com thanks!

My configuration: System 3-in-1 and System 2-in-1 (both inverter).

Bulk purchase will definitely be cheaper.

Hey, anyone saw the papers today? There is going to be a office block to be errected at the plot of land next to the TPY Entertainment Centre. It was reported that the building will be about 10 to 12 storeys high and will be mianly office space with shops below. I was wondering if this structure will block the view of some of the units to the....TPY Swimming Pool! I think the 79C 39 and 41 units will be most at risk...Will go up the unit and check this evening again...Hope can still see the nice clear blue water of the pool next time :(

Hey, realised there's a Gadgetgal in the forum too....I am sure we are not related! :yamseng:

haha... yeah.. indeed. I am from Jalan Membina's thread. Just trying to find a good door from hdb (which I like now).

:dancingqueen:

hi guys, need some advice on the followings:

1. for haulage and debris, i was charged $900 for 4rm.. Is this the same for the rest of u? And also, do town council provide us with sand or any material?

2. For cement screeding, do HDB also provide material or solely labour only?

3. Hacking of the L shape wall between master bedroom and bedroom beside it, we will need to pay PE fees rite? I was told, $500 is just for the engineer to endorse on the paper and there will be additional charges like the transportation or time he spent, etc. and the total amount can come up to $1k???

Yingsan,

the haulage and debris is pretty subjective to the size of the area you are going to have tiles done. for me, some of my bedrooms are going to be laminated flooring, and cement screeding will be done by hdb, therefore my 5rm flat haulage and debris will be below $700 (if tiles for whole house will come around $1100).

Do becareful if your ID/Contractor wanna chop your neck for full amount (in case u do laminate flooring) :P

i think chrispy will be glad to sell his door @ $10, self-collection. LOL!:P

Hoho.. thanks for the info, Ms White!. btw, anyone has any picture of the door?.

Hi Snuffle,

I installed it in the common toilet in my present house. The size is quite ok lah... Not gigantic... :dancingqueen:

In my new flat, I'm also going to install a 30L one even though there is only me and my wife! Can take 1 hour baths... longer than dino's 30 mins also no problem! hahaha... :P

I have a electrical water tank at my current house in the toilet too.

I was considering to install a 25L one hidden in the master toilet vanity (what my colleague did) until someone earlier mentioned that as the pipes are already concealed...that means the heater has to be in the kitchen. Will this mean higher electricity usage? Any comments from those undergoing reno? Is this true?

You know how HDB is trying to go green with the new DBSS and the Dawson projects. Wonder how much thought have they put into designing our flats regarding this aspect. I'm :yamseng: at them for not giving me holes to put bamboos (how to hang bedsheet to sun with that 3 miserable window-length horizontal poles?? :( ). This forces me to consider having a dryer which will mean $$$.

Then the stupid aircon compressor yard is at a location where the trunking to your bedrooms have to run very far and 'cross' the walkway to get to the bedroom 2/3. Don't they know that the shorter the trunking, the cheaper it will be for us and also will save electricity during usage!:P!

Must ask HDB to subsidise my electricity bills.

Hi josephine, gadgetman, dino, tenzion_z, Snuffleupagus, ms_white, xinni,

Check your PM :dancingqueen:

done-ded!!

=)

Interested Parties to bulk purchase aircon

1) Zanie 98 (Mistubishi/ Toshiba Inverter System 4)

2) Snuffy (Mitsubishi Non-inverter system 3)

3) ms_white/shay_d (Non-inverter system 3 @ >$2k)

4) droplets (Non-inverter system 4 probably)

5)

6)

7)

Lets continue the list from here?(^_^)

Interested Parties to bulk purchase aircon

1) Zanie 98 (Mistubishi/ Toshiba Inverter System 4)

2) Snuffy (Mitsubishi Non-inverter system 3)

3) ms_white/shay_d (Non-inverter system 3 @ >$2k)

4) droplets (Non-inverter system 4 probably)

5) tension_z (System 2, open to any brands/specs

as long as it is cheap but good enough for living room and MBR)