Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
curryqueen

The Cave

I'm planning to have a table that can fit 10 -15 pax comfortably for bible study or meetings. So I don't think I'd have a lot og pace left.. :) . Originally, I wanted to take my grandma's 30 yrs old 10ft round dining table for my place ( solid wood and still in excellent condition). But realised that after I placed the table in, I probably won't have space to walk around the chairs... which is a pity, coz it's a really nice dining table- very mid-century.

wow..10-15 seater dining table...like conference table leh! :P so where are you intending to get this table from? sounds like its gonna cost a bomb..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I'm planning to have a table that can fit 10 -15 pax comfortably for bible study or meetings. So I don't think I'd have a lot og pace left.. :) . Originally, I wanted to take my grandma's 30 yrs old 10ft round dining table for my place ( solid wood and still in excellent condition). But realised that after I placed the table in, I probably won't have space to walk around the chairs... which is a pity, coz it's a really nice dining table- very mid-century.

10 ft round table? think cannot go into the lift also...gonna be hard to transport...

better to get extendable tables, but would be a waste of space. Maybe get 15 cushions for your friends ba. :P

all sit on the floor...

wow..10-15 seater dining table...like conference table leh! :P so where are you intending to get this table from? sounds like its gonna cost a bomb..

Was thinking of using 2 Ikea countertops to use as table. or 2 square tables so that can merge to 1.. :D

10 ft round table? think cannot go into the lift also...gonna be hard to transport...

better to get extendable tables, but would be a waste of space. Maybe get 15 cushions for your friends ba. :P

all sit on the floor...

I'm on a low flr, so they probably can carry it up. Definitely cannot go into lift... Anyway, I've dropped the idea liao.. really no space for the table :(

Edited by curryqueen

Yes! :D But with black legs.

nice!!! i can kinda imagine ur home already.. will look so cozy!!! :)

pssst.. can just buy any legs and spray it black.... hahahaha... :P

nice!!! i can kinda imagine ur home already.. will look so cozy!!! :)

pssst.. can just buy any legs and spray it black.... hahahaha... :P

heheh... exactly wat i was thinking.. Ikea is going to be my new best friend next mth.

Just got a call from my lawyer.. 2nd appointment postponed will 25 June coz need time to clear the loan :bleah:

Edited by curryqueen

heheh... exactly wat i was thinking.. Ikea is going to be my new best friend next mth.

Just got a call from my lawyer.. 2nd appointment postponed will 25 June coz need time to clear the loan :bleah:

wow, that's just next friday! so when is reno starting? have u decided on your contractor/ID yet?

Didn't have time to shop for lights in M'sia so it's back to Geylang for me. I went to a lighting shop at Upper Serangoon (next to Ideal House IDs) and was shocked to see the exact same lights selling for double the price! :o If u don't do homework, will really kena chopped!

Also went to Ideal House and spoke to Rick to see what can be done abt the kitchen layout and lighting. He will give me a quote by this weekend. However, after talking to him, I don't think he's gonna come up with any innovative ideas. The only useful point I felt that he gave me was not to enclose my washing machine in the cupboard because of moisture and heat.

His suggestion for the LVR lights were wall lights or cove lights.. :bangwall:

Didn't have time to shop for lights in M'sia so it's back to Geylang for me. I went to a lighting shop at Upper Serangoon (next to Ideal House IDs) and was shocked to see the exact same lights selling for double the price! :o If u don't do homework, will really kena chopped!

Also went to Ideal House and spoke to Rick to see what can be done abt the kitchen layout and lighting. He will give me a quote by this weekend. However, after talking to him, I don't think he's gonna come up with any innovative ideas. The only useful point I felt that he gave me was not to enclose my washing machine in the cupboard because of moisture and heat.

25th june is next week!!!! aiyo!!! so excited for u! can't wait to see ur progress! hee...

actually the whole reno process really needs to do research... mi and gim were looking back last weekend and we realised we easily save about 10k just coordinating some of the works ourselves... which is a lot of money!!

even basic things like installing WC, tiling, etc, can easily see a great difference in many contractors... i've got a colleague who got a quotation of 9k plus just for 2 toilets, 1 prayer alter and painting whole place!!! to think that my whole bill with my contractor was also 9k plus which definitely includes much more stuff.... -_-"""

definitely need to find someone you can be comfortable with... you need to interact with that same person for many weeks!!

good luck!!! :)

for lights, you should try A Lighting Enterprise @ Geylang.

How many people are u speaking to? any leanings towards any of them yet?

wardrobe1.jpg

This is the wardrobe I'm planning to build. Hopefully, it will be much cheaper since there's less carpentery. :D

Lilithfiend,

have gone to A Lighting Entreprise in Geylang and several others along the Geylang stretch. Will probably purchase my lights from A Lighting or Toyomi (the shop next dr).

Have not spoken to many designers coz I feel kinda "bleah" about them. Most of their websites have more or less the same designs (feature TV walls, false ceiling, L-shaped kitchen with sink at the shorter end and washing machine behind..) Xianz.

Edited by curryqueen

%7Boption%7D

Have not spoken to many designers coz I feel kinda "bleah" about them. Most of the their websites have more or less the same designs (feature TV walls, false ceiling, L-shaped kitchen with sink at the shorter end and washing machine behind..) Xianz.

hi, if not in a mad rush for time, perhaps you can check out the myhometown+sg. pls replace the + with a .

post ur floorplan up,

look for a person with a nick lieblingsg. He previously helped us with our layout as we initially wanted minimalist style. End up we forgo the idea as its too costly to hide everything.

he also suggested a kitchen layout which made us went wild, super special and unique. u could consider seeking his advice.

u try looking for my thread there (same title as in renotalk):

Forums > Home Rejuvenation > My Renovation

look at page 6 onwards

Edited by gimz63251073

hi, if not in a mad rush for time, perhaps you can check out the myhometown+sg. pls replace the + with a .

post ur floorplan up,

look for a person with a nick lieblingsg. He previously helped us with our layout as we initially wanted minimalist style. End up we forgo the idea as its too costly to hide everything.

he also suggested a kitchen layout which made us went wild, super special and unique. u could consider seeking his advice.

u try looking for my thread there (same title as in renotalk):

Forums > Home Rejuvenation > My Renovation

look at page 6 onwards

Yah.. saw your thread over there too! :D Lieblingsg's taste is not cheap..I've seen his ideas and comments in the various threads over there

have never posted in my hometown yet.. just sneak in and look nia.. :P

The kitchen and loo I really like is the one found in this forum under Reiki's thread-Reiki's sanctuary... that's how i got my idea of putting my hob on the short-side of the L. HDB flat never looked so gd! But of coz the cost wasn't cheap either..

He had some practical advice on cable management and hiding as much wiring as possible.

Edited by curryqueen