Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mahjongace

Our 1st Home @ Sengkang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Going to post more photos of new things we bought for the house...haha and POST-HOUSEWARMING photos of the flat....would the all white house become YELLOW or Brown? =P

Stay Tuned folks!

yo, i got yr PM, thanks for e quote. can't wait to c yr pics, duno when then my turn :yamseng:

haha it would be your turn soon...no worries...under singapore context....time flies very fast...=P...everyday need to work with the least public holidays....=P

hihi yup...got it from the person yesterday...haven try it out yet...haha

which model are you getting and how much is it? does he come over to do demo for you?

which model are you getting and how much is it? does he come over to do demo for you?

getting model 560 @ $650. He can only demo in his house. His explanation is quite clear cut...not a lot of sales talk...so he's quite reliable. =) hopefully this thing can help to cut down my wife's workload in the house...haha

Edited by mahjongace

Hi, mahjongace. I just start my own reno blog at reno talk today. I see from your post, u are using the Rinnai Hob and Hood right? U start to use already? May i know how is the result? At first, i wish to buy EF hob and hood. But last week my friend told me that her hood starter already spoil, so i a bit worry and want to change my mind now. I heard from a salesman, he say Rinnai fire very strong. But don't know is it real? Will Rinnai east spoil like EF? THanks and hope you don't mind, my questions is too long~ hahahaha :P

Hi, mahjongace. I just start my own reno blog at reno talk today. I see from your post, u are using the Rinnai Hob and Hood right? U start to use already? May i know how is the result? At first, i wish to buy EF hob and hood. But last week my friend told me that her hood starter already spoil, so i a bit worry and want to change my mind now. I heard from a salesman, he say Rinnai fire very strong. But don't know is it real? Will Rinnai east spoil like EF? THanks and hope you don't mind, my questions is too long~ hahahaha :P

hihi ya we started to use already. no problem for my wife to use at all. But she's only doing light cooking like maggie mee and porridge for baby...not into heavy cooking so i don't know if my feedback about RINNAI is reliable or not since i'm not the one doing cooking. LOL...ya the fire is quite strong from what i see...but everything is OK for now ba. My parents-in-law also uses RINNAI for heavy cooking and there's no problems for her for the last decade..so i think it's quite reliable ba

hihi ya we started to use already. no problem for my wife to use at all. But she's only doing light cooking like maggie mee and porridge for baby...not into heavy cooking so i don't know if my feedback about RINNAI is reliable or not since i'm not the one doing cooking. LOL...ya the fire is quite strong from what i see...but everything is OK for now ba. My parents-in-law also uses RINNAI for heavy cooking and there's no problems for her for the last decade..so i think it's quite reliable ba

Hi mahjongace,

can i check with you, you engaged a ID for your works, and in your signature you put a list of things u bought. does this means that you engaged a ID to design but purchased the individual items like kitchen hood, basin and pass it to the ID?

thanks for your info. :)

Hi mahjongace,

can i check with you, you engaged a ID for your works, and in your signature you put a list of things u bought. does this means that you engaged a ID to design but purchased the individual items like kitchen hood, basin and pass it to the ID?

thanks for your info. :)

hihi actually the person i've engaged is more of a contractor in my opinion since half of the ideas were from us after improvising from ideas we see from the internet. haha. Yes, we have to buy the individual items except for bathroom accessories and dish rack which were supplied by my contractor FOC which i guess is the norm?

Some ID firms are giving out freebies but my guess is that the cost is already added into their package. Another thing to take note is that the ones they are giving might not be the one you wished to have unless you have no preference. Personally i prefer to buy all furniture and electronics by myself rather than having an unknown item given by friends which i might not like haha. So i just asked all my friends and relatives to give Ang Pow during housewarming...more practical haha.

Hi all, i'm back again. After 1 round of house-warming, there's lots of cleaning to be done and finally we have settled down quite nicely though there's still room for improvements. This time round, i'm posting the items that i have bought and would explain in details and feedback about those items for the benefit of those who are interested. (for electronics and some miscelleanous stuff) Some items might be just any common item that any of you guys have...but would just like to update the prices that i bought. Hope you all don't find this thread boring..haha.

Stay Tuned Folks!

With regards to my signature, some items have photos already in the previous pages. Below is my feedback and prices:

1) Toshiba Sys 3 Inverter Air-Con from Gain City:

Total Paid: $4,400.00

Consists of upgrading to 1/2" insulation pipe + G22 copper pipe, 2nd time installation charge, 5 years' warranty + service package for 5 years.

Delivery and installation on time. Co-ordination is good but on second thoughts, i shouldn't have gotten the service package as it seems cheaper to source outside instead plus servicing is not really needed for 5 years..zz...Air-con is working well ever since i've moved in...cooling and quiet. No regrets getting it.

2) Rinnai RH390 (hood), RB3SI (hob), RB0-7MS0(oven) from Goh Ah Bee:

Total Paid: $1,381.00 ($680.00 for hood+hob, $701 for oven)

Prompt delivery. So far so good for my wife. No complains from her. Not much feedback on this as i'm not the one cooking. LOL

3) Bosch Front Load Washer WAE24460AU from Goh Ah Bee

Price: $1,099.00

Prompt delivery and the GAB person even explain to us on how to use and which kind of detergent to use. Easy to use and quiet. It seems to save quite a lot of water and electricity as well according to the feedback from forums.

4) Hitachi Fridge R-Z451EMS from Goh Ah Bee

Price: $670.00

Good and value buy. Just the normal fridge we needed. Wanted to get Fisher & Paykel initially but the price zz...

5) KDK white fan from Goh Ah Bee

Price: $105.00

Just a normal fan working well. =P

6) Lightings from Freddy-Lights Boutique

Price: higher than lightings.com.sg for sure but i like their service. =P

All lights working well. No complaints from electrician or whatsoever. The thing i'm impressed was that after 3 months, i actually found out 1 of the tubes in my room's light was not working. Called them up and they send a person the next day to rectify and change the ballast. Very detailed explanation given by salesman about the lights used in different rooms as well especially good information for a layman like me.

7) Curtains from Miki Curtains (M'sia)

Price: SGD$970 for day and night curtains for 3 rooms and day curtain for 1 room

For the price, i guess it's normal. For the worksmanship, acceptable but the material used is quite good. Almost 90% blackout when i draw the curtains. Only disadvantage is that they only can come to Singapore on weekends to quote and do the curtains. As for timing, they are not really punctual but i guess it's because they have only 2 days to run around Singapore to hang up curtains for customers and promote their business. Price is negotiable if you are a good talker.

8) Bathroom items and Kitchen sinks + taps from Hoe Kee:

Price: reasonable for their products ba

Quality not bad but can be improved though. Service not very fantastic though but they got a huge range of products to choose from (interested people can go to their main warehouse @ Genting Lane as it's bigger there as compared to other outlets). For people looking for ready-made vanity tops (sink+vanity top), they have quite a lot there as compared to Universal Union, Poh Joo, SSC.

Sad to say, i have problems with their delivery man though. First time they came, 6 out of 8 items were delivered only. i insisted to pay only after i've received everything but that uncle keeps giving me excuses and attitude that he needs to receive the full payment until i called the office personally to talk to this bloody uncle before he had to go away. zz

Edited by mahjongace

9) Sealy Mayfair Queen Mattress + Storage Bedframe from Kevin @ Expo

Price: $3,200.00

This was bought on impulse @ the initial price of $3,288.00. After a month, price dropped and i managed to get the person to lower down the price a little. Service was good but as for the price, i think i should have gotten a better price but too bad i bought it on impulse and no longer has the bargaining power since deposit was paid upfront. Mattress comes with 10-year guarantee and as for the storage bedframe, it comes with a 5-year warranty on the hydraulics. For your information, Mayfair has other names in different stores as well which is similar which are Sapphire or San Marino. Ayway, this bed is comfy for both of us and hopefully it would be faulty by the 9th year so i can exchange for a new one. hahaha :P

10) Living Room Sofa, End Table, Carpet from Lorenzo, Star Furniture and Jackson Design Hub respectively:

Prices: $2,279.00 include delivery, $149.00 include delivery, $190.00 cash and carry

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Lorenzo:

Prompt delivery. Sofa is good..could have gotten it cheaper by a hundred bucks at EXPO fair...but didn't think that they would increase the price during the GSS..zz....quality is good and it's comfy. Hopefully i can maintain it well for at least 5 years..:P Bad point is they don't entertain price hagglers....zz...

Star Furniture:

Prompt delivery. End Table is useful as it can be used as a small coffee table as seen in the 2nd photo. Quality normal.

Jackson Design Hub:

i supposed it's quite cheap for a 2.3m by 1.6m carpet. Lots of varieties of carpets can be found there except for authentic Persian carpets or Flying carpets. :P Quality is quite good too but while stock lasts. Please do make an effort to check the carpet first before paying though. Checked with Lorenzo about their carpets which is similar design but the price was $399 after 50% discount for the display set somemore!! LOL

11) Samsung 40" LED TV UA40B7000WM and 32" LCD TV LA32C450E1 from Dick-Harvey Norman Hougang

Price: $1699 + extended warranty $140.50 and $679 + extended warranty $58.00

Ultra Slim Mount: $180.00

Though i have heard a lot of complaints about HN from forums but in my situation, it's totally opposite. I have to say WELL DONE to this particular guy who has helped me a lot. Prompt delivery and co-ordination from him especially in SMS. Firstly, my feedback about this 40" LED TV. It's good enough for me for standard definition TV and PS3 games. Picture quality is good and clear. Waited until the very last minute till the June IT fair before i bought it and i believe the sets were grabbed away fast before it became discontinued. As for the 32" LCD TV, it's normal quality only that it has a USB port as well for me to plug my external HDD in to view movies as well. :)

As usual, i did my research before settling down on this TV. Haggled about more freebies from Dick and he was kind enough to provide us with a external HDD 320gb for free + vouchers. We wanted a TV that could be flushed in perfectly. Initially, this TV came with its normal wall mount (at that time, we refused to purchase the slim mount for $90 after recommendation from Dick). If you remember the photos in one of the previous pages and look closely, we would be able to see the mount + the wires behind the TV. This was our design to the contractor but we didn't expected it to look like that after using the normal mount. We were so sian at that time and had to ask our contractor to think of some ways to rectify this problem.

Our conclusion was to box up the whole area near the wall and put the mount out to hang on the panel in order to hide the wirings. But that would make the TV potrude out by almost 2 inches which wouldn't be flushed in at all. My last resort was to buy the ultra slim mount from Samsung in order to try to make it as close to the box up area as possible. i tried to ask around but it's sold out everywhere in the main stores due to IT fair (GC and Courts selling @ $199 and $200 but need to wait. Best Denki not selling) The situation was quite urgent as my whole handover date would be delayed again if i never manage to get that mount.

Fortunately, i SMS Dick and he mentioned he try his best to help me to get it ASAP. Didn't really expect him to help me since my TV is mounted already and in use. True enough, after 2 or 3 days, he SMS me saying that his friend, Norman from Millenia Walk Branch managed to find a new last pc. On that day itself, Norman call me to confirm the order. Upon my confirmation, the best thing is that he took a taxi down from Millenia Walk after finishing work to pass the mount to me. I was very impressed and decided to post it here.

Thanks to both of them for making my day. Below is the final outcome of the TV. :)

IMG_0705.jpg

12) Miscelleanous Stuff that we bought:

Let's start from my Baby's room:

Playmat @ $180 from EXPO BABY FAIR:

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Thick and good enough for adults to sleep on as well haha which i've just experienced it last night.

Wardrobe @ $200++ from IKEA: (paiseh can't remember the exact figure)

IMG_0703.jpg

Design nice but of course we don't expect much from IKEA...haha this is for baby to scratch with colour pencils when she's big enough.

Flower Light from IKEA: (bulb to be bought seperately)

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg