Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lyeys

Shalom Furniture Gallery - Any Command?

Hi,

recently saw this company selling custom make sofa @ expo. Anyone bought furniture from Shalom furniture before? If yes, how is their sofa quality & service? Is their product realiable with $$???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

recently saw this company selling custom make sofa @ expo. Anyone bought furniture from Shalom furniture before? If yes, how is their sofa quality & service? Is their product realiable with $$???

hi lyeys, I've made an order for a custom made sofa sometime back in Dec 09, and will be meeting the salesperson for the delivery soon. So far no comments for their service yet, but I can share with you more of their service and quality satisfaction after delivery. They made good promise when we placed the deposit back then, so hope everything turns out fine, as they do not have a showroom and are seen only during fairs and exhibitions...

hi Jae,

pls let me know how the sofa turns out to be. i just purchased a sofa from them today too... thanks =)

Hi julienys,

Just met them last week to confirm the delivery, which will be in July, will update again. =)

Hi julienys,

Just met them last week to confirm the delivery, which will be in July, will update again. =)

hi, please update me also.

Just saw them at Expo & quite like what they have.

Hi all, my sofa is ready, but we have postponed the delivery till end July, as my house is not ready yet... but just in time for the new EPL season! =)

Will update in end july. But so far Shalom's response is quite good, as in they contacted us once my sofa is ready for delivery.

Hi all,

My sofa finally came yesterday, everything seems good, but only time will tell of the quality. One thing to note is that the deliveryman did not issue a Delivery Order.

One advice i got from my friends is that for custom made sofa, try to negotiate for PU leather for areas where is not crucial, eg, the back of the sofa, since it'll not be utilised at all, it'll help to cut down the costs. Shalom's products are priced above average, but they promised with workmanship and quality. Those who have not confirm your orders may try to negotiate with the above advice. =)

I just bought a TV console from Shalom at Expo. Price was above average but the design is something we like. Hope it turns out well.

TV console came but was sent back cos the drawer rails are all very rusty. At least they are quite cooperative in getting it changed, but it took multiple phone calls and 3 days before somebody got back to us. Not very nice, but we can close 1 eye for now. For a $1K+ TV console, I really expected better quality. Let's see if they fix it properly.

Edited by Superhero

Hi all,

My sofa finally came yesterday, everything seems good, but only time will tell of the quality. One thing to note is that the deliveryman did not issue a Delivery Order.

One advice i got from my friends is that for custom made sofa, try to negotiate for PU leather for areas where is not crucial, eg, the back of the sofa, since it'll not be utilised at all, it'll help to cut down the costs. Shalom's products are priced above average, but they promised with workmanship and quality. Those who have not confirm your orders may try to negotiate with the above advice. =)

where is Shalom's showroom ?

Hi all,

What kind of advice is this?! :rolleyes: PU Leather will breakdown irrespective of whether it is used for contact or non contact areas. It will break down much faster when used for contact areas but it will still breakdown within 3 years in the non contact areas. PU Leather is only meant for consumers who like to change their sofas every 2 years as there are consumers who get bored of their sofas ever so often and PU Leather sofas offer them the perfect excuse to satisfy their cravings for new sofas all the time.