Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Iam

Compassvalers Reno!

well..it's been a week since i updated this thread..as not much action from my tiler leh...

since it will take 3 weeks for the tiles to be up and dry..so i guess got to patiently wait lor..:)

anyway...here are some pics to share...

serviceyard-plastered.jpg

wall-plastered for my service yard...

mbathroom.jpg

first set of tiles up for the mbr...

soakingoftiles.jpg

pre-soaking of tiles..wonder y they do it..guess might have had something to do with the absorption rate of the tiles...

will post more pics once majority tiles are up...

in the meantime...happy nesting! :sport-smiley-004:

cheers! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's been a while since i updated this thread...tiles laying only..not much action...that's y...:)

Here are some updated pics of the laying process...

DSCN0898.jpg

common br - tiler in action

DSCN0908.jpg

step down shower area - not many tiler can do according to the loud spoken ah hua...

DSCN0901.jpg

square type drainage cover in old balcony area...

will update more pics soon...

cheers...and happy nesting!

:rolleyes:

Everything so far ok ? Do upload more pic :)

hi bro..so far ok lah...some plus minus here n there lor..:)

any tips to check on the tiles after laying?

want to check with you whether the stainless steel drainage cover like the one shown is approved by hdb...?

cos henry mentioned not approved by hdb...so cannot do...

ux_a09021400ux0187_ux_n.jpg

Cheers!

:)

hi bro..so far ok lah...some plus minus here n there lor..:)

any tips to check on the tiles after laying?

want to check with you whether the stainless steel drainage cover like the one shown is approved by hdb...?

cos henry mentioned not approved by hdb...so cannot do...

ux_a09021400ux0187_ux_n.jpg

Cheers!

Water flow lor . Grout line can touch up later . So now still early stage. Hollow can check early , so want to change early better ma.

Wow . where u found this drainage ? Me not too sure abt this

Today went to check on the tiles..almost finished but hor...some areas need rectification..not up to standard leh..then again cannot be perfect lah..

(i) common br step over tiles not straight...quite eyes sore...maybe the sliding door can cover..maybe not..why like that..? ok np..henry explained due to hdb original wall not done properly..that's y..many owners have this issue too..blah..blah..but the sliding door can cover it..will not be so obvious..hopefully...like that must ask for nicer door liao..hehe :dribble:

DSCN0919.jpg

(ii) master br mosaic cracked!!! ridiculously the tiler still continued sticking them...why like that..? this one not ok..henry explained tiler never see properly after wiping the mosaic..maybe eyes kanna cement?...agreed to replace all problem mosaic for us..

DSCN0922.jpg

(iii) requested to change fridge and w.machine base to curved edge...henry said very old fasioned...now everyone doing 45 degree one...but we insisted on round edge...don like many sharp edges ard...in the end he agreed to change for us..:)

ok..so far...henry can accede to our request...hopefully the rectification is up to standard...without delaying the reno process :)

in the meantime..happy nesting!

cheers!

:thumbs up:

Maybe the tiler tot the crack is the design. :D But at henry is nice to change for u. I agree, reno cant have perfect as long as not major screw up, i also will open 1 eye and close 1 eye.

Maybe the tiler tot the crack is the design. :D But at henry is nice to change for u. I agree, reno cant have perfect as long as not major screw up, i also will open 1 eye and close 1 eye.

hi gals_mama...u also appointed henry..? hope to see your t-blog soon...

cheers!

(ii) master br mosaic cracked!!! ridiculously the tiler still continued sticking them...why like that..? this one not ok..henry explained tiler never see properly after wiping the mosaic..maybe eyes kanna cement?...agreed to replace all problem mosaic for us..

(iii) requested to change fridge and w.machine base to curved edge...henry said very old fasioned...now everyone doing 45 degree one...but we insisted on round edge...don like many sharp edges ard...in the end he agreed to change for us..:)

ok..so far...henry can accede to our request...hopefully the rectification is up to standard...without delaying the reno process :)

in the meantime..happy nesting!

cheers!

:thumbs up:

Glad that Henry replace the cracked mosaic. Think if he can do it , he sure do it for u :)

For the base , I do agreed that curved edge is better , esp when u guys plan to have kids soon :P

Mine is the 45 degree one. At that time din think of that ... but now when Jaden get older , everything must be more careful . lol

Heng not 90 degree .lol

Glad that Henry replace the cracked mosaic. Think if he can do it , he sure do it for u :)

For the base , I do agreed that curved edge is better , esp when u guys plan to have kids soon :P

Mine is the 45 degree one. At that time din think of that ... but now when Jaden get older , everything must be more careful . lol

Heng not 90 degree .lol

yeah...maybe pantang lah..don like sharp edges in the hs...hehe

cheers!

yeah...maybe pantang lah..don like sharp edges in the hs...hehe

cheers!

Actually me also . I like round round stuff . Yuan yuan mah . ha .

So my sofa / coffee table , dinning table, dinning chair , light ... etc etc I go for round if possible

Actually me also . I like round round stuff . Yuan yuan mah . ha .

So my sofa / coffee table , dinning table, dinning chair , light ... etc etc I go for round if possible

hehe yes bro..园园满满 mah...

cheers!

hi gals_mama...u also appointed henry..? hope to see your t-blog soon...

cheers!

No i didnt. Was contemplating but we not very creative and cant visualise so didt get contractor but got an id. Yes i already have a t-blog but reno have not started yet.

No i didnt. Was contemplating but we not very creative and cant visualise so didt get contractor but got an id. Yes i already have a t-blog but reno have not started yet.

ok...keep us updated on your t-blog....

cheers!