Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lilithfiend

How To Box-up Pipes In Kitchen Without Top Cabinets?

It seems alright to me. Trunking should be above the hood. And the hood can still be wall mounted. Just take care of the distance between the hood and hob. You can consider installing recessed LED lights in your trunking at both sides of the hood for lighting effect too.

yep, trunking will be above the hood. my concern is that the trunking's depth maybe about 3" but the hood's depth is 11". it will look very weird with the hood having a empty space above it..

can the steel part above the hood be cut to wrap around the box up?

thanks, yes my plasterer also suggested this last night when i checked with him. not sure if my contractor will be able to cut the hood though. but it seems possible according to the cross-section drawing extracted from the brochure:

hood-dimensions.jpg

has anyone done this before (i.e. cut the top part of the hood)?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh.. I just count the 1 X 1 ft tile, got 4 leh... must be camera trick.

Thats why magician always play on illusion.

tiles are 20+cm nia. not 1 ft. :D

thanks for putting up the pic of your mom's hood! they cut the hood pretty deep it seems? is the hood wall mounted?

yup. wall mounted. anyway, the top portion of the hood is just for beautification purposes. since the air is already vented out at the lower part.

yup. wall mounted. anyway, the top portion of the hood is just for beautification purposes. since the air is already vented out at the lower part.

okie thanks! shall ask my PM to cut ours to fit the box up..