Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bearlyn2406

Our Den In Fernvale Vista!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wah they selling the balance flats of fernvale vista and the prices are crazy!!!!

their lower levels is selling 290k!! :o

then we r considered "lucky" ba. ;)

No work today? tot u got no access to RT in work? Iphone ah? :P

Hi Bearlynn!

I noticed your bed is flush against the wall; wouldn't the person sleeping against the wall have difficulties getting out of bed?

IMG_0093.JPG

The reason I'm asking is because we're considering doing the same thing to make our MBR bigger.. though our bed might be flushed against the bay window, which means if I sleep-walk, I might need to wear a parachute. :rolleyes:

Hi Bearlynn!

I noticed your bed is flush against the wall; wouldn't the person sleeping against the wall have difficulties getting out of bed?

IMG_0093.JPG

The reason I'm asking is because we're considering doing the same thing to make our MBR bigger.. though our bed might be flushed against the bay window, which means if I sleep-walk, I might need to wear a parachute. :rolleyes:

there's a few reason why the bed is beside the wardrobe. Yup, it's not a wall.. :)

1st: the stoopid aircon window is at the center of the wall where ideally wardrobe shd b.

2nd: I dun wan my wardrobe to b in a L-shaped (placed beside the a/c window) so placing it this way will make my wardrobe as "one" piece, although onli abt 7ft.

3rd: We dun wan hacking in the hse. I got no box up, cornie, false ceiling, nothing.

Seriously speaking, i dun really have much options for placement. :(

Flush against bay window ok ah. Dun tell me u dun lock ur windows. keke.. even if ur sleepwalk is so powerful tat u'll jump out of ur windows, wear a parachute oso no pt cos u wun open it in tat condition. haha.. joking.. :D

there's a few reason why the bed is beside the wardrobe. Yup, it's not a wall.. :)

1st: the stoopid aircon window is at the center of the wall where ideally wardrobe shd b.

2nd: I dun wan my wardrobe to b in a L-shaped (placed beside the a/c window) so placing it this way will make my wardrobe as "one" piece, although onli abt 7ft.

3rd: We dun wan hacking in the hse. I got no box up, cornie, false ceiling, nothing.

Seriously speaking, i dun really have much options for placement. :(

Flush against bay window ok ah. Dun tell me u dun lock ur windows. keke.. even if ur sleepwalk is so powerful tat u'll jump out of ur windows, wear a parachute oso no pt cos u wun open it in tat condition. haha.. joking.. :D

Haha, if it's a wardrobe, then it's exactly like ours! We're intending to build a walk-in wardrobe beside our bed, that's why we're intending to push the bed all the way to the bay window. ID was mentioning that it might not be a good idea (e.g. if the wife is pregnant, difficult to get out of bed), but we're still considering.

One thing is that we're also facing the same problem as you - a L-shaped wardrobe would block the air-con window.. so I told the ID to build a mirror-door there; this way we have a mirror in the wardrobe, and when the air-con is to be repaired, we can just swing the door open. Only thing is, it's listed as a "feature wall in MBR Walk-in Wardrobe", and costs us a whopping $640!!! :jawdrop:

I've heard of cases where people will make an entire sandwich and eat it when sleep-walking haha! Let's hope I won't be so resourceful as to find the keys to the window to unlock it while still asleep =.=|||

Edited by Kerio

Haha, if it's a wardrobe, then it's exactly like ours! We're intending to build a walk-in wardrobe beside our bed, that's why we're intending to push the bed all the way to the bay window. ID was mentioning that it might not be a good idea (e.g. if the wife is pregnant, difficult to get out of bed), but we're still considering.

One thing is that we're also facing the same problem as you - a L-shaped wardrobe would block the air-con window.. so I told the ID to build a mirror-door there; this way we have a mirror in the wardrobe, and when the air-con is to be repaired, we can just swing the door open. Only thing is, it's listed as a "feature wall in MBR Walk-in Wardrobe", and costs us a whopping $640!!! :jawdrop:

I've heard of cases where people will make an entire sandwich and eat it when sleep-walking haha! Let's hope I won't be so resourceful as to find the keys to the window to unlock it while still asleep =.=|||

wahaha.. sleepwalk oso can make sandwich! haha..

U oso in sengkang? I've frenz in FV do walk in wardrobe, seiously speaking it serve no purpose cos it's too narrow. Ya, walk in take clothes come out change.

Wardrobe beside bed is not convenient for pregnant ladies i agree, but she can try sleeping on the other side of the bed when tummy grows bigger ba?

Abt the idea of having a swing door to cover the window, i ever tink of tat but in e end abort the idea. too many cons..

1) if wardrobe installed prior to a/c installation, then u'll have many problems with trunkings, compressor (installer need to squeeze thru e small window, might damage ur wardrobe).

2) servicing if need to access the aircon ledge, then u got to take out ur clothes, so troublesome.

3) concealed trunking in wardrobe, if unlucky got condensation? or if piping got problem need to change? u will go crazy ah..

Mirror door in the wardrobe means when u need to use it gotta push away the clothes? even if it's shelving then e mirror will b far away from u leh. if u c my previous photos my wardrobe mirror is all the way to ceilng. bigger and is outside, better ma..

I'm in Punggol! :) Ya, agree a WIW will be quite tiny.. but wifey is quite keen on it, so guess I'm ok ba.. anyway, best not to argue with the wife on this :P

Ya, that's what we were thinking of, to fix the area where we sleep (I sleep near window, she sleep on the other side) so that we'd get accustomed to it.. but must see the space first, cos I'm afraid of heights =.=

I'm quite worried about the air-con installation/repair.. I keep imaging the air-con men supporting their weight on the shelves and then "accidentally" breaking them. Or worse, scratching or damaging the carpentry :(

But that area won't have any clothes I think, most likely will just be a vertical strip of wall with a mirror. A bit waste of space but should be ok since it's at the end of the cupboard, so the mirror will just look like it's separate.

New apartments so small, quite hard to do space planning :( There was one ID who suggested knocking down the adjacent room to make a large WIW, and we really loved the idea; but the company had a bad reputation so we didn't choose them eventually. Wanted to port the idea over to the current ID, but too expensive le...:(

1) if wardrobe installed prior to a/c installation, then u'll have many problems with trunkings, compressor (installer need to squeeze thru e small window, might damage ur wardrobe).

2) servicing if need to access the aircon ledge, then u got to take out ur clothes, so troublesome.

3) concealed trunking in wardrobe, if unlucky got condensation? or if piping got problem need to change? u will go crazy ah..

Mirror door in the wardrobe means when u need to use it gotta push away the clothes? even if it's shelving then e mirror will b far away from u leh. if u c my previous photos my wardrobe mirror is all the way to ceilng. bigger and is outside, better ma..

Waaa sey ... Well analyized!

I second your opinion

I'm in Punggol! :) Ya, agree a WIW will be quite tiny.. but wifey is quite keen on it, so guess I'm ok ba.. anyway, best not to argue with the wife on this :P

Ya, that's what we were thinking of, to fix the area where we sleep (I sleep near window, she sleep on the other side) so that we'd get accustomed to it.. but must see the space first, cos I'm afraid of heights =.=

I'm quite worried about the air-con installation/repair.. I keep imaging the air-con men supporting their weight on the shelves and then "accidentally" breaking them. Or worse, scratching or damaging the carpentry :(

But that area won't have any clothes I think, most likely will just be a vertical strip of wall with a mirror. A bit waste of space but should be ok since it's at the end of the cupboard, so the mirror will just look like it's separate.

New apartments so small, quite hard to do space planning :( There was one ID who suggested knocking down the adjacent room to make a large WIW, and we really loved the idea; but the company had a bad reputation so we didn't choose them eventually. Wanted to port the idea over to the current ID, but too expensive le...:(

eh? scared of height? ur bed wun b higher than e window ba? :unsure:

Waaa sey ... Well analyized!

I second your opinion

thank u thank u!! i meet quite a few of IDs and contractors, then oso analyse with Banned almost everything, everyday, weekends oso discuss, sleep oso tink, eat oso tink, do wat oso tink so summarize everything if many cons then no pt proceeding. :D