Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
marklee

Looking For The Right Person To Do Up Your Place

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How to being looking for the right person to do up your place.

Hi im looking for a right id to do up my place. any recommendation?

I totally agree with you Soh Lan, I wouldn't go great lenghts to say good comments or details abt him, if his services is not good. I personally tried his services and so far so good. those who want to see my house pictures or want to know more details abt Benson,

You can email me at georgewong_80@yahoo.com

sigh..... i should have met benson....... i used plus interior..... nightmare........ quality is bad... very very disappointed.... just my luck..... just hope no one will be in the same shoe as me....

and if you have already appointed them... good luck.. trust me... you need it

sigh..... i should have met -....... i used plus interior..... nightmare........ quality is bad... very very disappointed.... just my luck..... just hope no one will be in the same shoe as me....

and if you have already appointed them... good luck.. trust me... you need it

Hi, a wonderful day to you! Had been sitting in front of the desktop for almost a whole afternoon! So decided to end my day with the forum instead... Am wondering if you are able to PM me your ID's contact no? I am in the midst of searching for a potential ID to renovate my resale flat (5rm) at Woodland district but am in suspense on the procedures, pricing rate, concepts, etc? So, would like to seek anyone here who could provide any relevant information for me? Thanks!

Dean

Hi my house been done up not long and the design concept is very nice, it was designed by one of the

Id from intec design concept . I will be getting my keys back from my Id during this weekend. I was pleased with the workmanship and the house newly concept. I really can't wait to stay in . I will update you guys my house pics once i moved in. I have already found the right person to do up my place.

Hi my house been done up not long and the design concept is very nice, it was designed by one of the

Id from intec design concept . I will be getting my keys back from my Id during this weekend. I was pleased with the workmanship and the house newly concept. I really can't wait to stay in . I will update you guys my house pics once i moved in. I have already found the right person to do up my place.

Hi, mine too have my house done by them b4 the chinese seven month . Although its my first time renovating my house. I too felt that i 've found the right person to do up my place.

Edited by link

Guest airstriker
Hi, a wonderful day to you! Had been sitting in front of the desktop for almost a whole afternoon! So decided to end my day with the forum instead... Am wondering if you are able to PM me your ID's contact no? I am in the midst of searching for a potential ID to renovate my resale flat (5rm) at Woodland district but am in suspense on the procedures, pricing rate, concepts, etc? So, would like to seek anyone here who could provide any relevant information for me? Thanks!

Dean

Arrange an appointment with Alex at [remove]. He is good at saving if there is a budget.

New to this forum. Shall nick this thread as it is what I am looking for either.

Wifey decided to renovate our existing house. So bo bian have to start looking for ID. She has all the ideas. I am basically the executioner, looking for the correct ID. Started sourcing about 2 months back. Still sourcing. Talk to many ID, they promise heaven but then I read the T&C, I almost faint. Maybe these owners of ID firm should read the Unfair Contract Terms Act (http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?&actno=Reved-396&date=latest&method=part). In short, I will be involved in many VOs as the scope of work are not detail enough. Ok, I am on a budget. So VOs to me is definitely going to blow my budget.

Problem will only surface when there is a dispute. If not, most ppl here I guess will ignore the T&C. Who actually bothers to read the T&C. I read a few threads here and these ppl just say no need to bother with the T&C. One sentence to summaries, "sure win" for reno owners if you engaged in civil case with them. But basically both side lose money. If you are rich, usually you don't bother with T&C, bec you can involved in lengthy battle with the reno owners. And they are rich too.

Chance upon this forum while doing research for material. Great, I said. But like any other forum, I still have to read carefuly who are the real house owners and who are those that are doing self promote. But it is still a great place to find recommendations and share experience.

If anyone got any recommendations, please do drop me a PM or post here. Don't worry, I will still do my own evaluation which I know you would surely advice as well.

I personally think we are doing this reno at a wrong timing. Property is blooming so many jobs out there. It basically is a supplier world now. Take it or leave it, one reno contractor tell me. Sometimes, I feel that I am paying a large sum for something that I don't even know how it will look light. For instance, "Design, fabricate and install TV feature wall in selected laminates finish 10ft X 10ft $4,500". I am not sure is it just me thinking I am paying $4,500 for this one sentence? You want to see design, Sure, can do. Pay $2,000 non-refunable deposit and we will show you the design.

Having said this, there are still good reno companies out there who still provide good service. But in general, most does not. This industry is not moderated and black sheep is making consumer like me having to go through all these hassle.

I think most ID still charge much more excessice than contractor. For my case, ID that we visited (in beauty world) charge us double the price of contractor.

I think they key about the executor (be it contractor or ID) is firstly the person has integrity and don anyhow chop n charge people. Secondly must have good workmanship. My contactor is from Homewell, got through friend's recommendation ( also I think best to get through this route cos got proven success story). The contractor is really good, reliable and honest and has good workmanship.

The thing is that they are mostly the phua chu kang type and don fancy lots of designing stuff. We need to tell him exactly what we want. Bcos we opted for rather simple contemporary theme and borrow ideas from magazine and internet, our house turns out to be nice.

And I have also heard some ID they merely has the trendy sense but no practical knowledge. Experience in construction is a must for any successful project I feel. =)

s

New to this forum. Shall nick this thread as it is what I am looking for either.

Wifey decided to renovate our existing house. So bo bian have to start looking for ID. She has all the ideas. I am basically the executioner, looking for the correct ID. Started sourcing about 2 months back. Still sourcing. Talk to many ID, they promise heaven but then I read the T&C, I almost faint. Maybe these owners of ID firm should read the Unfair Contract Terms Act (http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/cgi_retrieve.pl?&actno=Reved-396&date=latest&method=part). In short, I will be involved in many VOs as the scope of work are not detail enough. Ok, I am on a budget. So VOs to me is definitely going to blow my budget.

Problem will only surface when there is a dispute. If not, most ppl here I guess will ignore the T&C. Who actually bothers to read the T&C. I read a few threads here and these ppl just say no need to bother with the T&C. One sentence to summaries, "sure win" for reno owners if you engaged in civil case with them. But basically both side lose money. If you are rich, usually you don't bother with T&C, bec you can involved in lengthy battle with the reno owners. And they are rich too.

Chance upon this forum while doing research for material. Great, I said. But like any other forum, I still have to read carefuly who are the real house owners and who are those that are doing self promote. But it is still a great place to find recommendations and share experience.

If anyone got any recommendations, please do drop me a PM or post here. Don't worry, I will still do my own evaluation which I know you would surely advice as well.

I personally think we are doing this reno at a wrong timing. Property is blooming so many jobs out there. It basically is a supplier world now. Take it or leave it, one reno contractor tell me. Sometimes, I feel that I am paying a large sum for something that I don't even know how it will look light. For instance, "Design, fabricate and install TV feature wall in selected laminates finish 10ft X 10ft $4,500". I am not sure is it just me thinking I am paying $4,500 for this one sentence? You want to see design, Sure, can do. Pay $2,000 non-refunable deposit and we will show you the design.

Having said this, there are still good reno companies out there who still provide good service. But in general, most does not. This industry is not moderated and black sheep is making consumer like me having to go through all these hassle.

Been talking to many IDs. I still have not encounter someone who quote us double of what we want.

So far some quote close to budget and some abt 25% max out of our budget. I really hope those IDs that I like can meet my budget.

As we have set aside a sum for the reno, budget still have to go to furniture, tv, hi-fi, air-con, lightings, toilet stuff, etc. In fact, we already choosen these items and hopefully we dont have to reduce our expectation.

Have been saving for this reno. But the process is fun as planning is important. Budgetting and setting the expectation is also important. Of cos, all these have to be agreed between both husband and wife. Give and take for both party should be the recommended way to go.

For instance, I like to have a reasonably good entertainment system. Budget should be around 10k including tv. But my wife feel I am spending too much on these items. Then for her, she likes the quatz (white) for the table top. So I don't usually comment much when it comes to her kitchen requirement.

The process has allowed us to learn a lot on the raw material. We believe researching on the raw material so we would know what we are really getting. My wife used to be in the construction industry therefore, I got a lot of help from her in this area.

As for me, what I can contribute is the planning and budgeting as this is what am doing everyday.

I hope I have time to start a reno blog. Just hoping to share my experience and road map with those who might need this info.