Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
advancer

Advice Needed On Aircon

hi i got a question, i recently purchased a 4 room hdb resale and it already came with a 3 unit mitsubishi a/c system in all the bedrooms.

I was thinking of 2 options but not sure about the cost.

1) Replaced the sys 3 with a new sys 4 invertor with all bedrooms and living room airconditioned.

2) Keep the current sys 3 and change the position of the aircon units and replaced all the trunking + install EuropeAce portable aircon in living room.

The current sys 3 is only 2 years old.

Which will be the ideal choice and how much for both options roughly?

Thanks for your advice guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi i got a question, i recently purchased a 4 room hdb resale and it already came with a 3 unit mitsubishi a/c system in all the bedrooms.

I was thinking of 2 options but not sure about the cost.

1) Replaced the sys 3 with a new sys 4 invertor with all bedrooms and living room airconditioned.

2) Keep the current sys 3 and change the position of the aircon units and replaced all the trunking + install EuropeAce portable aircon in living room.

The current sys 3 is only 2 years old.

Which will be the ideal choice and how much for both options roughly?

Thanks for your advice guys.

Probably the 1st is to ask what is your expectation? Will you on your living room aircon often? Do u need the aircon to be very cooling? Do you have a budget limitation. These are following alternatives:

1) Install new system 4 invertor. Probably $4500. Just my estimate from what I check from shops. However, I don't think u can on all 4 fan coil at the same time. Probably 3 room or 2 room + 1 living or 1 room + 1 living. This is what I am told by some sales.

2) Leave the current aircon as it is and no need to change trunking etc unless they got issue. 2 years not considered old. Add a system 1 for your living room. I am not very fond of those portable system. They are really weak despite some salesman tell me they are very good. To me, rubbish unless their compressor is huge like those system unit. Adding a system one should cost u less than $2000.

Probably the 1st is to ask what is your expectation? Will you on your living room aircon often? Do u need the aircon to be very cooling? Do you have a budget limitation. These are following alternatives:

1) Install new system 4 invertor. Probably $4500. Just my estimate from what I check from shops. However, I don't think u can on all 4 fan coil at the same time. Probably 3 room or 2 room + 1 living or 1 room + 1 living. This is what I am told by some sales.

2) Leave the current aircon as it is and no need to change trunking etc unless they got issue. 2 years not considered old. Add a system 1 for your living room. I am not very fond of those portable system. They are really weak despite some salesman tell me they are very good. To me, rubbish unless their compressor is huge like those system unit. Adding a system one should cost u less than $2000.

u just need to do a calculation for the BTU of the compressor vs total BTU of the 4 blowers and u will understand why u cannot on all 4 units at once. the compressor BTU is simply not enough to support all 4 blowers.

some salesman told me invertor unit uses 60% btu after its cool. so did some math problem looking workings. since 1x 18k btu and 3x 9k btu. total = 45k btu. 60% of that is 27k btu. if the compressor is 28k btu. looks sufficient. but dunno how true this is tho