Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
leitmotiv

Level Thr3e

Nice!!! Can see that things are going in place very quickly. Can do house visit soon!

As for the door, yes, by right they should sandpaper before painting. My contractor didnt do that for my door frames and now there are weird stuff protruding under the new coat of paint, very unsightly. My painters did very shoddy work, never sandpaper anything before painting one.

Anyway if the door rubs against the floor, then it's quite a problem. You dont want your door wearing down at the bottom, since you have to open and close your door every single day. Do take note and tell your ID about this.

Yeah man, I have told the ID about it. Hope he can at least sandpaper the top and bottom to make sure that the door could at least close seamlessly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yoz bro, HO soon ah?

dun go MIA ah! show us the result of ur swee house ah! :)

Haha, okie. Share some of the photos we have taken over the past week.

Wardrobe (Close and Open)

IMG_1210.jpgwardrobeopen.jpg

2 minor hiccup during light installation

1. One of the hanging 'tube' was broken (See bottom left pic, thats the dining room light. Bottom right is living room light) Made my way back to lighting.com to have it replaced. No questions asked when exchanging. First class service

2. Dining room light and living room light swapped. Rectified the next day. (wrong one on top left pic, rectified in top right pic).

Living room and dining room lightings.

LightCollage.jpg

Some more pictures from the master bathroom

MBRCollage.jpg

Top Left: Thats our showerhead with the IKEA Grundtal series side rack. Oh yah, the wires are not connected yet.

Top Right: Thats the entrance to the master bathroom. Some other ID i asked previously suggested having a transparent one, and make use of the hot steam to fog up the door. That was suggestive.

Bottom Left: This is with the 2 T5 light lit.

Bottom Right: This is with the normal lights on. Pretty unsightly pipings there. Considered boxup but will make the toilet look low and the moisture could be bad for the wood. We gotta be doubly careful with the vanity there.

One more sharing for the night.

CBRCollage.jpg

Top left: Thats the showerhead in the common bathroom, which is very much smaller than the one in the master bathroom

Top right: View of the common toilet from the door.

Bottom left: Grundtal toilet paper holder. Its really hard to find a nice decent looking toilet paper holder!

Bottom right: The kitchen sink. Its quite poorly done, as it is not flush with the solid top. Need to get Leslie and Jeremy to rectify this.

Hi froggy,

When we were asking around about the price of the cheapest type of door, which is the classic door, they're mostly around $150. Eventually at Best, we topped up some amount (forgot exact amount) for it to be wood-filled for extra strength, and topped up $35 for L-shaped handles, making a total of slightly more than $200 per door.

The most expensive door at Best is $750. That $750 door looks like it's laminated or coated with plastic, not the normal veneer door. The veneer door should be cheaper, not sure how much though. For us, we were only looking at the cheapest type of door, so didn't ask for price of veneer doors.

You can just check the website to see which designs you like, then call for a quote. We spoke to a nice lady called Huizi. Hope this helps!

hey leitmotiv

thanks, but in the end we decided to let contractor handle it. He is not keen to "jia" if we get direct supplier, but we are not keen to sub out to yet another party - fear that if something goes wrong, there will be finger pointing and lots of headache, so in the end, we just swallow and pay more for contractor to do all

Ok, maybe just one more sharing for the night. :D

The wall, between the master bedroom and bedroom 2, that was hacked away.

03082010095.jpg

and making way for the wardrobe which doubles as the wall. You are looking at the back of the wardrobe

IMG_1183.jpg

hey leitmotiv

thanks, but in the end we decided to let contractor handle it. He is not keen to "jia" if we get direct supplier, but we are not keen to sub out to yet another party - fear that if something goes wrong, there will be finger pointing and lots of headache, so in the end, we just swallow and pay more for contractor to do all

Oic. I tend to agree. By getting my own door suppliers, i had to do a lot of coordination work which was hectic. Two different suppliers somemore. One for iron gate, the other bedroom doors suppliers.

The bedroom doors supplier was pretty to easy to deal with. Very accomodating whenever change in schedule. I changed two times, they were still very nice.

As for the wrought iron gate, i had a hard time. First time they came, they were not able to fix up due to wrong measurement. So gotta make another appt, but i got to weave into their time-table instead of the other way round. How abt that?

Anyway all doors are coming this Sat, hope everything will be smooth. Esp for the iron gate.

Oic. I tend to agree. By getting my own door suppliers, i had to do a lot of coordination work which was hectic. Two different suppliers somemore. One for iron gate, the other bedroom doors suppliers.

The bedroom doors supplier was pretty to easy to deal with. Very accomodating whenever change in schedule. I changed two times, they were still very nice.

As for the wrought iron gate, i had a hard time. First time they came, they were not able to fix up due to wrong measurement. So gotta make another appt, but i got to weave into their time-table instead of the other way round. How abt that?

Anyway all doors are coming this Sat, hope everything will be smooth. Esp for the iron gate.

wished I had not been itchy backside to opt out for HDB doors ... anyway, shall be looking forward to yr pix!