Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mel77

Installation Of Aircon

Need advice from anyone on installation of aircon. Bought a EA and currently have a System 4 inverter. (3 bedrooms + 1 hall) But there is 1 more bedroom that doesn't have aircon. So looking at adding additional 2 split unit on top of the current system 4, so that the hall can have 2 units and the 4th bedroom can also have air-con.

Is this possible?

Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Need advice from anyone on installation of aircon. Bought a EA and currently have a System 4 inverter. (3 bedrooms + 1 hall) But there is 1 more bedroom that doesn't have aircon. So looking at adding additional 2 split unit on top of the current system 4, so that the hall can have 2 units and the 4th bedroom can also have air-con.

Is this possible?

Cheers!

it depends on the unit. older units who have not going thru the MUP are not allowed to have 2 compressors. newer units or units that have gone thru the MUP can do that. my place is using a system 3 for bedrooms and a single split for living room.

it depends on the unit. older units who have not going thru the MUP are not allowed to have 2 compressors. newer units or units that have gone thru the MUP can do that. my place is using a system 3 for bedrooms and a single split for living room.

Checked HDB website and it says block not provided with higher electrical loading and need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).

So does that mean can or cannot? Any advice? Tried looking at the other units around the block, didn't see anyone with 2 compressors.

Checked HDB website and it says block not provided with higher electrical loading and need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).

So does that mean can or cannot? Any advice? Tried looking at the other units around the block, didn't see anyone with 2 compressors.

I'm also thinking of installing 2 compressors for my resale EA. It's not just the electrical loading but also whether there is any space that you can safely hang the 2nd compressor. You can check with HDB on that because I believe it differs from flat to flat. Call the HDB hotline at 1800 2255432 and speak to the officer, and they will advise you if they can, otherwise they will ask the HDB Branch Office maintenance officer to call you.

Hi mel77

I've checked with HDB and if you input your postal code into the website on electrical loading limit to check whether the block has been equipped with higher electrical loading and it says

"block not provided with higher electrical loading and need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment)."

Then it means you can only have ONE compressor.

Is this possible?

Cheers!

It may not be possible with HDB power regulation. However, if can write to them to request for it.

Hi mel77

I've checked with HDB and if you input your postal code into the website on electrical loading limit to check whether the block has been equipped with higher electrical loading and it says

"block not provided with higher electrical loading and need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment)."

Then it means you can only have ONE compressor.

Thanks for sharing. Tried keying in my postal code and got the same response.

So guess have to live with the current 1 compressor. Sigh!