Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
alisa

Expensive Curtains?

I've recently signed up with a shop to get my curtains done.

I'm doing Day and Night for living and master, roller blinds for study.

Thou its a condo but because of bay windows so my height is really not that high.

I was charged about $2200.

is it too expensive? my friends said that it shouldn't be so ex.

i went back to the shop to check with them and they said it's because the

material i chose are all expensive cloth...

till now, they didn't call me back to confirm my selection... i've paid 50% deposit already....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow thats sound ex? thou not sure whats the length of your window. for mine they quoted day and night for my living with 5 window panel HDB standard $580 I think too ex also. and depends on your roller blind brand also, got those real good brand which can cost more than curtains.

Hi Alisa,

I think the quote you got is abit on the high side. I have asked for quotes frm few curtain shops in Clementi for my 2 bdrm condo. Gotten Quote range from S$850-S$1100 based on half length windows (i got a window bay as well) for living room and MBR window.

1)Day and Night blackout curtain for living room and MBR (270cm and 180cm height each)

2)block out blind - For 2 small pc of window panel (sized 70cm x 180cm tall) and a STUDY room (2 windows 160cm x 180cm tall) and one for the storeroom (1 small pc of window sized abt 70cm x 136cm tall)

Being Kiasu, I also got Msia curtain maker to quote me. In the end, i signed up for msia ones.

I paid RM3200 for :

LIVING ROOM: FULL length wall to wall block out nite curtain

MBR: FULL length for MBR day + nite and 1 Blackout roller blinds for small window

Storeroom: Silver Venetian blind

Kitchen : 3 pc of Venetina blind

wow thats sound ex? thou not sure whats the length of your window. for mine they quoted day and night for my living with 5 window panel HDB standard $580 I think too ex also. and depends on your roller blind brand also, got those real good brand which can cost more than curtains.

SIgh... think mine really too high... but i can't back out also... made a wrong choice.

the rollers are only china made i didn't even take expensive ones...

Hi Alisa,

I think the quote you got is abit on the high side. I have asked for quotes frm few curtain shops in Clementi for my 2 bdrm condo. Gotten Quote range from S$850-S$1100 based on half length windows (i got a window bay as well) for living room and MBR window.

1)Day and Night blackout curtain for living room and MBR (270cm and 180cm height each)

2)block out blind - For 2 small pc of window panel (sized 70cm x 180cm tall) and a STUDY room (2 windows 160cm x 180cm tall) and one for the storeroom (1 small pc of window sized abt 70cm x 136cm tall)

Being Kiasu, I also got Msia curtain maker to quote me. In the end, i signed up for msia ones.

I paid RM3200 for :

LIVING ROOM: FULL length wall to wall block out nite curtain

MBR: FULL length for MBR day + nite and 1 Blackout roller blinds for small window

Storeroom: Silver Venetian blind

Kitchen : 3 pc of Venetina blind

wah yours sound like a really good buy hor! my friend did ask me to go get msia too

but i have to drive in for the selection of material so in the end, i didn't go along with it...

Anyway, thank you for sharing. :)

Hi Alisa

For the Msian curtain maker, I din have to go into JB to get it.

They come to my house with a luggage full of samples and do the measurement on site.

Probably your material is of different type, there are so many diff kinds.

Hi Alisa

They come to my house with a luggage full of samples and do the measurement on site.

Can you PM me your malaysia contractor?

Hi Alisa

Hi, can you PM your Msian curtain maker? I want to do venetian blinds. Thanks!