Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mylica

First Home In Compassvale, Near Buangkok Mrt

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
edmund must be feeling weird when all his projects all buy from GR Link...hahahaha

mayb Edmund will try to strike a biz with Benny. haha.. my ID oso never hear of GR link and after he know the price, he oso commented it's a gd price. :)

benny is the boss.. we always spoke to Jasmine tat's y u dun remb him..

oh.. now i remb.. hmm..

Hi,

can I check with you when did you submit application for HDB to repair your toilet? Many thanks.

:-D

Hi All,

Been a good reader in this forums, especially samgalz and banned t-blogs. Decided to start my own blog even the renovation is not much. No wet work (HDB don't allow me to hack toilet, but they will hack for me and lay tiles for free).

First appointment..., i forgot liao. Second appointment was 5 August. Overall is smooth, as nobody staying in the unit since we OTP.

Story of HDB hunting:

1. We start looking somewhere in February. Wife dislike old type flat and prefer new one with full window in living room eventhough it is smaller.

2. Finally we set the location that it must be near buangkok MRT

3. The first few flat that we look were all nice, but the price and COV....... :bangwall:

4. I feel like people just bid like buying peanut. I were not dare enough to commit

5. After 2 months of looking, finally i decided just to chiong, as the price is not going down.

6. OTP somewhere in April and I got the key on 5 of August.

Story of ID/Contractor hunting:

1. After some time browsing internet, i found renotalk. Feel so happy about it, especially when i read t-blogs (samgalz and banned t blogs are the one i follow closely) :D

2. In this forums, i got to know many contractor and ID, so i started to search after my first appointment.

3. I only met 5 ID only, as I feel meeting more will make me more confuse and in the end we might distracted by unimportant factors

4. Finally decided DX interior (this is not a recommendation, i will only recommend once i see his final work in my unit)

5. Start of work 17 August, HO around mid-end of september

Scope of renovation:

1. Kitchen Cabinet

2. MBR wardrobe

3. Feature wall

4. Kitchen door

5. Toilet tiles (wall and floor) by HDB. FOC

I will try to update my boguht items this weekend

ID/Contractor : DX Interior

Floor Plan:

layout.jpg

Hi,

can I check with you when did you submit application for HDB to repair your toilet? Many thanks.

:-D

I did recheck with HDB technical. They said can hack, but i wont take the risk, since this is something new to the contractor. HDB provide hacking and build using normal tiles for free. I check after my second appointment

Hi Mylica,

think we are neighbors.

I am asking HDB to do site inspection today. Hope they can help to replace for me as early as possible.

Added short story of hdb purchase and id hunt on first post.

My bathroom is kinda weird design. First time i saw thistype of bathroom. The wall, floor and ceiling are prefab. All feel hollow and the floow, is a bit bouncing. HDB do not allow me to hack and convert to conventional bathroom. But luckly they will convert it for free, however i need to join the queue, and need to wait for 15 months. This is the first time i heard this.

Anyone of you have this kind of bathroom design?

Hi Mylica,

think we are neighbors.

I am asking HDB to do site inspection today. Hope they can help to replace for me as early as possible.

Hope it will be fast for you. I need to wait 16 months, probably yours will be the same timing as mine.

But my one might be quite different from yours.

The hdb officer keep saying, my toilet condition is very bad among all he has seen recently. Got water behind the walls, and under the floor. its shaky some places.

:-(

Hope it will be fast for you. I need to wait 16 months, probably yours will be the same timing as mine.

Hello Mylica,

Did you all buy stuffs like kitchen sink, water heater yourselves?

Or will the ID buy these stuffs for you?

Edited by abupapa

Hello Mylica,

Did you all buy stuffs like kitchen sink, water heater yourselves?

Or will the ID buy these stuffs for you?

Buy by my self. Its cheaper that way, and its fun sourcing those items. I got those from gr link, jalan besar. Price and service are good for me.

But my one might be quite different from yours.

The hdb officer keep saying, my toilet condition is very bad among all he has seen recently. Got water behind the walls, and under the floor. its shaky some places.

:-(

Wah then urs should do first. Thats really bad. Did u just bought the place?

Buy by my self. Its cheaper that way, and its fun sourcing those items. I got those from gr link, jalan besar. Price and service are good for me.

thanks for your reply.

So the ID would have to come up with the design and measurements of the items(eg: the sink) before you can go ahead with the purchase of the items ?