Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sanntan

4ng Bedok Reservoir Road

Today 1st appt day!

First, we had to wait for late Seller AND Agent. Since we are doing Contra, we need all three parties to be present. Our Buyer was already quite annoyed...

Anyway, we were ushered to the counter after a short wait one after another. Took turns to finalize and confirm all our documents. Then, we took turns to go into the interview room to sign many many documents, and confirmation papers. Turns out my mum has actually signed up for Trust, stating that for the sale of this current place, 50% will be returned to her, 25% to me, 25% to my brother. Thus we will have less to pay upfront for the new place, and I will need to use up more of my HLE loan (in fact, ALL $174,000 of it).

We now need my brother down within the next week or so to sign the documents since we didn't know about this Trust thing, and also copies of his I/C and our birth certs and death cert of my father.

After that, we went to Hommage Trading @ Tai Thong Crescent! Got a good deal of an L-shaped sofa (measurements to be confirmed) + 1 extra set of changeable covers for around $1,000.

Next thing on the list... We made a beeline for Baroque D'zign because of the many good reviews I have read on this forum. Met up with Andy and we insta-liked him. Waiting for a quote from him and some negotiations. Meanwhile, he has advised us to start arranging for our delivery for our air-con (need to request for 2 time installation), lights (we went to lightings.com straight after), and sinks. Sofa and Bed can come later... Don't know about TV and etc too, but we will need to decide on our size because we're aiming for an inbuilt console with lots of shelving.

Like I said, we went to lightings.com after that. bought 3 bedroom simple lights, and dining lights, and foyer light. And one simple living room light. We have not decided for the glam light in front of the TV yet cos we need to check the spacing for the ceiling fan.

2nd appt on the 20th October, here we come!

Congrats man.. Hee.. wow.. u really got many things done liao.. haha..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Congrats man.. Hee.. wow.. u really got many things done liao.. haha..

Still got so many more things to do! But yah, most of the 'buy' part done, just need a few more lights, electronics and sinks :)

Lights we bought

lightsi.jpg

Dining Light

015ktd.jpg

Something like the sofa we bought... in light pastel green.

012xfa.jpg

Edited by sanntan

wow.. i like ur super long sofa leh.. i think even longer den mine leh!!! :wub:

hahah no la... it's made to measure also. I think our width of the living room is about 2.8m also... so cannot make too long! hur hur

hahah no la... it's made to measure also. I think our width of the living room is about 2.8m also... so cannot make too long! hur hur

oh.. I got mine at 2.5k leh.. if i see this at this price i think i will take liao sia.. nice lor.. :dribble:

oh.. I got mine at 2.5k leh.. if i see this at this price i think i will take liao sia.. nice lor.. :dribble:

yah I hear many good reviews about Hommage so finally went to see yesterday... Turns out most their sofa quite good price. But it's not the extravagant type... Just simple. I love their consoles and shoe cabinets too! woo hoo!

yah I hear many good reviews about Hommage so finally went to see yesterday... Turns out most their sofa quite good price. But it's not the extravagant type... Just simple. I love their consoles and shoe cabinets too! woo hoo!

ya lor.. bought liao den go there see.. haha.. sian half.. but i still like my sofa best.. *trying to convince myself*

Intending to get my bed there too leh.. going down next mth to buy after recieving my credit card.. :lol:

ya lor.. bought liao den go there see.. haha.. sian half.. but i still like my sofa best.. *trying to convince myself*

Intending to get my bed there too leh.. going down next mth to buy after recieving my credit card.. :lol:

hahaha it's ok... buy liao cannot regret. later like me... I buy dining table $800+, end up there is a forumer selling used SAME one for $200. HAHA

good luck on your CC and bed!

hahaha it's ok... buy liao cannot regret. later like me... I buy dining table $800+, end up there is a forumer selling used SAME one for $200. HAHA

good luck on your CC and bed!

ya lor ya lor.. very pek chek one leh.. i bought mine at 1500 leh.. then i saw elsewhere got 50% discount.. $650 onli lor... super angry lor... :furious:

I think i dun have the luck to find bargained stuffs la.. hai.. :(

hi sanntann,

have u got ur contractors yet?

Hello! We have finalized with Andy from Baroque D'zign. He will be coming tomorrow at 3pm to measure up the house!

Hello! We have finalized with Andy from Baroque D'zign. He will be coming tomorrow at 3pm to measure up the house!

congratz! everything can start work liao leh...

congratz! everything can start work liao leh...

Final quote came up to 19k+!!! Somemore its inclusive of bed feature walls and consoles. I think it's a good deal. Will list down as we confirm everything!