Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Stress

Good Workmanship Kitchen Carpenters Or Id To Recommend?

Hi There

Looking for a good kitchen carpentryworks is very tough. I've been to various showrooms and some is really bad(maybe it's me,"Cat"). I'm very clear with what my design is, what materials to use and what kitchen system I want in it. I'm looking for a carpenter who can install BLUM system with good precision because I've been to a few showrooms and their installation is out or they say they can install but when I ask about the price list, they said they need to check b'cos they don't have the price list.(Aiyo, can install but no price list???). I thought showroom should showcase the best work but if the showroom work is bad, who will want to engage them?(Maybe I "cat" again).

I've visited those hi-end ones like Kitchen Culture but it's too far off my budget. I've also visited those local carpenter and kana chop like ****....Lacquer finish kitchen cabinet with 12 BLUM drawers,Island 3m, Wall and tall unit total 4m (note only carpentry only not inclusive table top yet,etc) $20K and 2m Corian top (private collection) $1.5K

I've got some recommendation from my contractor and I ask got showroom or any work done that I can gauge the workmanship, he said no. Many horror stories I've heard about shobby workmanship from IDs and I quite worried now.

If any kind soul got any skillful carpenter to recommend, don't mind send me their contacts?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Lost....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dear, is not that the carpenter does'nt know the blum pricelist they are not good at blum system. they mostly get the system from dealer or maybe from owner directly and therefore not very sure the pricelist.

carpenter's all are handicraft man, therefore cannot have perfection in workmanship..there are quite a few good carpenters in the forum.maybe you try send in your requirement and see how is the outcome??

your cabinet $12k have to see what is your design. corian abit high, maybe you try LG hi-mac ??

doing up a new place is not easy, relax..

Edited by blossomflower

U can call my contractor.

The workmanship of his carpenter is good.

Jeffrey Fong 98568316

According to the carpenter of my kitchen cabinets (not Jeffrey),

it costs them $100/pair of Blum soft-closing even when they buy direct.

He said tht there's similar type but made in Taiwan, less expensive, but has the Blum stamp on it, works like Blum too.