Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jlee

Dissapointing Service By Cctv Provider After Money Is Paid

Hi guys,

If you one of those who have just started a family, have a toddler, you probably would have thought of installing a CCTV system at home so you can remotely monitor whats happening at home.

Few months ago i did just that. I engaged Innotec although their quote is highest (a lot of hidden cost) because they seemed to have a healthy client base as claimed in their website. I paid more to get the system can be remotely viewed through my Iphone.

From day 1, I have intermitent problems. One moment you can view through the iphone, next moment you cant, until I go home turn on my computer, and it goes back to normal. That is not what they told me, it is supposed to be independant from my PC, if not i would have bought an IP camera at a very small fraction of that price.

Last week, i wrote a service request on their website. A guy called me and claimed that its my singtel mio box that is giving me the problem, because that router automatically changes my IP address blah blah. WHY did they not inform me during installation? he said he will arrange someone to come and do for me again, i just need to get a new router, they handle the rest.

10 mins later, a lady called. she told me its chargeable. :o I made it clear i am not going to pay a cent because it was them who did not setup that thing properly. LOOK : i paid extra for the recorder that can be viewed via Iphone. SO if my Mio box will cause this problem, you guys should have informed me during or before the installtion! WHY else would i pay for the system if it doesnt work???

she said ok, i will get someone to call you. ITS been a week, NO ONE called! when i made a service request, they responded in 2 days , maybe because if its chargeable, there is money to be made? Since they find out i am not going to pay, NOBODY bother to call.

I have made another complain to them, i will see how they respond. I will keep you guys posted on what happens from now.

Meanwhile, think about who you want to engage for the services, because it is not cheap. It cost me way more than 2k, and look at the kind of service i am getting.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
That is not what they told me, it is supposed to be independant from my PC, if not i would have bought an IP camera at a very small fraction of that price.

Actually for IP camera, you do not need to turn on the PC for it to work... I am using one for the same purpose and I can view it from my iphone anytime, whether my PC is turned on or not.

actually... they are supplying the same DVR as mine and according to my friend, there's no "special upgrade" for this brand of DVR. All of them supports iphone viewing, even the old MPEG4 models. Looks like you has had it from them.

The market rate for 4 cameras with the DVR + installation should not cost more than $1400. Looks like you had it bad. :(

Just another update. BEWARE of INNOTEC.

Recently bought an iPad. Called themabout advise on how to setup the super cam app myself, they say will revert.

Waited for 2 days, no one called back. When I called back again, they say I can't do myself, have to sent someone down to do some special settings to allow another user, and charge will be 150. When I told them the sales guy promised they they can guide me for subsequent setups foc over the phone, the lady who pick up outright deny that, and slam my phone!

I have no choice at all, so I say I will pay them for one last time. After I said I will pay, immediately they got someone to call me and fix an appointment.

You know what? When the guy came, the only thing he did was to key in some settings in my iPad and it's working. I was furious! But knowing it's not the service technicians fault, I paid him the 150.

this is a con job. And INNOTEC, if you're reading this you know who I am. I will not hesitate to warn potential victims about your company. If you don't agree with my statements, I hereby challenge you to publish your explaination in this forum.

And fellow forumers, if you know of any reliable people I can go to in future for other issues in future, would appreciate your contributions.

Remote viewing of CCTV system is dependent on DDNS services(www.dyndns.com), some routers are able to support DDNS on it's own, thus there is no need to on your PC for your external IP address to be updated. DDNS service basically updates your current external IP address and links it to a dyndns address so that your network can be located no matter what your external ip changes into. For routers that do not support DDNS(like MIO's modem/router), a pc client is installed to update the external IP whenever it is on. In your case, your modem/router is probably not on all the time, or that the connection gets disrupted often.

Settings for iphone/net viewing applications can be easily installed as long as you have your DVR/DYNDNS settings and passwords. A word of advice, do change your DVR/DYNDNS settings for those whom have already installed your CCTVs from vendors instead of using the standard passwords that they come with, you wouldn't know who would be able to access your CCTV images.

(PS: I am not in the CCTV industry but i was around to help my friends when they hired a CCTV company to setup the systems for their office, thus i have picked up these knowledge from there.