Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Revamp Of A 40yo 3rm Pigeonhole...

Oh man, motorised installation, like those in the hotel. You didnt mention, I have totally forgotten about those things. I have always wanted something like that also, but too bad my curtains are done and my $$$ dried. Got to wait for a while. So what you going to install or buy next?

no la, the idea of a motorized blind is good, but that will incur additional costs like running of AC cable (which shd be run during reno phase) to the motor assembly, maintenance, and the usage frequency.... after some cooling-off and sanity check, chucked the idea to the lowest priority, only until money too much until dunno where to spend then consider.... :P :P :P :P... up till now, i can only wait for my OpenNet to be fully commissioned before signing up a package.... till then i dun expect anymore new purchases...... only low-cost DIY home improvements hopefully.... :rolleyes:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just got my hands on a self-leveling laser meter, takes the hardwork and guesswork out of mounting stuffs like picture frames, clocks, racks, shelves, etc.... all will be perfectly mounted.... hehehe

e8888527.jpg

Comes supplied with tripod stand oso...

556bd58b.jpg

ba5ab9df.jpg

OH MAN! You are really good in all these DIY stuff... am also thinking of getting the Ikea Stolmen.. and Ektorp sofa..

Is your sofa also from Ikea and DIY?

am so happy to see your post on the stolman DIY... but doubt I can fix that.. :_

Living Room

Now you see it....

IMG_3680-1.jpg

Now you don't :D

IMG_3678-1.jpg

The light transmittance of the perforated material used is 3%, ie to say, 97% of outdoor lighting is rejected.... the denser the perforations, the less light can pass thru, available in 3%, 5%, 10% flavors....

Below shows the before/after overall illumination of lifting/drawing down the perforated blinds on the living rooms. Camera settings are set to manual to override any exposure compensation.

Blinds lifted...

IMG_3671.jpg

Blinds lowered...

IMG_3672.jpg

Very nice effect... but blinds are more difficult to clean den curtains...

Hey! I like the wall clock, where u got it from? How muchie?

Edited by Esther192

OH MAN! You are really good in all these DIY stuff... am also thinking of getting the Ikea Stolmen.. and Ektorp sofa..

Is your sofa also from Ikea and DIY?

am so happy to see your post on the stolman DIY... but doubt I can fix that.. :_

Sofa is not from ikea so not DIY :)

it's really not that difficult to to DIY assemble ikea furniture, cos the user guide is so clear and concise, can't really go wrong if u follow the steps closely.... :D so have faith in urself, DIY fixing up is more satisfying than u pay pple to install, what's more u save some $$$....haaaa... pole system furniture, ikea's price is hard to beat compared to others...

Very nice effect... but blinds are more difficult to clean den curtains...

Hey! I like the wall clock, where u got it from? How muchie?

not true. curtains are more difficult to clean than roller blinds. u need to take down curtains, remove the hooks, soak in detergent overnight, transfer to WM, wash and hang dry. if u dump in too many pieces, too heavy, WM can't clean properly, hang out to dry oso more siong than normal laundry (imagine if strong wind blows while u bring in/out to dry, if u know what i mean). so that's why i opted for low-maintenance blinds. ;)

wall clock is from Molecue, at Great World City (main branch), Marina Square or the newly opened Orchard Central. $130+.... :D

Edited by neubie

Very beautiful after all the efforts you put in. Worth it!!! Wish my place also will turn our as nice. Still getting quotations... Very interested in the soft closing drawers, Blum you said. Is it expensive? So I will have to go buy then ask my contractor to install?

Very beautiful after all the efforts you put in. Worth it!!! Wish my place also will turn our as nice. Still getting quotations... Very interested in the soft closing drawers, Blum you said. Is it expensive? So I will have to go buy then ask my contractor to install?

If everything is Blum, it will be a killer…:) if u watch last night ch8 they featured the Blum showroom n dismissed the idea after showing the price…:D

Most pple just buy the mechanism pass to their carpenter to install. One pair of soft-closing runner tracks cost 30+ bucks after discount. One drawer require one pair, so have to decide how many pairs needed. u need to ask ur carpenter what is the required length. details are in my earlier posting...

however, u need not go their Ubi showroom to buy, chances are they will not sell u the parts separately.... instead go to the hardware dealers (there are many authorised dealers that sell at contractor pricing). I got mine from:

Viborg Trading Pte Ltd

277 Kranji Rd Singapore 739512

Telephone : 6368 2252

But once u installed and use, u won't settle for anything less. :D it's kinda addictive. Haha

Edited by neubie

Ah... Just the soft closing runner tracks for drawers?? Then not that ex since just 30+. The most is about 10 drawers. What abt kitchen cabinet doors? How to make it close softly? :D

Ah... Just the soft closing runner tracks for drawers?? Then not that ex since just 30+. The most is about 10 drawers. What abt kitchen cabinet doors? How to make it close softly? :D

Blum also carries soft-closing hinges, cost about $3+ per piece (if i remember correctly), also available at the hardware shops.

Edited by neubie

Sofa is not from ikea so not DIY :)

it's really not that difficult to to DIY assemble ikea furniture, cos the user guide is so clear and concise, can't really go wrong if u follow the steps closely.... :D so have faith in urself, DIY fixing up is more satisfying than u pay pple to install, what's more u save some $$$....haaaa... pole system furniture, ikea's price is hard to beat compared to others...

really huh? den maybe ask my fren to help... already spare him from the painting... ha ha...

guess guys really like this kinda DIY stuff... got a sense of achievement lor... he even suggested I do my own small fountain...

not true. curtains are more difficult to clean than roller blinds. u need to take down curtains, remove the hooks, soak in detergent overnight, transfer to WM, wash and hang dry. if u dump in too many pieces, too heavy, WM can't clean properly, hang out to dry oso more siong than normal laundry (imagine if strong wind blows while u bring in/out to dry, if u know what i mean). so that's why i opted for low-maintenance blinds. ;)

ha ha... guess if I getting the expensive ones I will send for washing... but probably will get the cheapo ones from Ikea which I could throw and change new colours/pattern when my preferences change :P

wall clock is from Molecue, at Great World City (main branch), Marina Square or the newly opened Orchard Central. $130+.... :D

oops.... price very nice too! :(

can make do without it lor.... :(

better save some $$$ for my next trip...

Edited by Esther192

the photo u see below is

IMG_1585.jpg

2 x poles + 1 (110cm by 50cm) shelf + 1 110cm clothes rail + 1 x 110cm by 50cm by 45cm drawer + 2 x fittings

= 2 x 59 + 1 x 39 + 1 x 9 + 1 x 159 + 2 x 10

= $345

I bought extra 2 poles and 3 110cm shelves and 4 hooks (not shown) at 108+117+4+25 = $254 to make a corner L-shaped shelf so grand total is $600 (aftermarket Blum runner tracks not included).

Based on the pricelist from their catalog...

Stolmenparts.png

Would you be installing the lighting from Ikea for your Stolmen?

Wonder if I should get them for my kitchen cabinet.... and if I need an additional light point for it...

oops.... price very nice too! :(

can make do without it lor.... :(

better save some $$$ for my next trip...

well my rollerblind installer is oso that type who will hang curtains at his home for few years w/o washing, once gets too dirty, change to a new set. :D

acherly the clocks there can cost as much as 800 buxx, which i tink is way over budget, another way is to go ikea there buy their clock, disassemble the minute/hour hand, take out the mechanism, design something nice and put it back on.... confirm very atas one.... :D

really huh? den maybe ask my fren to help... already spare him from the painting... ha ha...

guess guys really like this kinda DIY stuff... got a sense of achievement lor... he even suggested I do my own small fountain...

wah, u ask ur fren do painting? not easy wor, minimum 2 coats :paint: on walls/ceilings, paint ceiling lagi worse, neck sure pain pain for days, if u need tools to fix ur stolmen i can t-loan u my laser so can install much faster.... batteries not included though..... :D :D :D

Edited by neubie

Would you be installing the lighting from Ikea for your Stolmen?

Wonder if I should get them for my kitchen cabinet.... and if I need an additional light point for it...

not necessary, as my cove lights are really bright, and the stolmen being open-concept, how dark can it be when installed at the bedroom? :P

Blum also carries soft-closing hinges, cost about $3+ per piece (if i remember correctly), also available at the hardware shops.

That's sound fantastic. I have to make a trip there also getting to kranji rd seem like a bit difficult.

That's sound fantastic. I have to make a trip there also getting to kranji rd seem like a bit difficult.

Not necessary have to go there, there's another branch at:

10 Admiralty Street

#01-04 Northlink Building

S(757695)

Before u go there buy, make sure ur carpenter gives u the correct size & qty so u dun buy the wrong/excess stuff, (even the items are exchangeable). Or, ask ur carpenter go there & get, since u know the prices.... :D

Not necessary have to go there, there's another branch at:

10 Admiralty Street

#01-04 Northlink Building

S(757695)

Before u go there buy, make sure ur carpenter gives u the correct size & qty so u dun buy the wrong/excess stuff, (even the items are exchangeable). Or, ask ur carpenter go there & get, since u know the prices.... :D

:good: then easier for me to go admiralty than kranji. Thank you so much for the tips.

My next worry is the opennet installation. :unsure: