Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RimBlock

Collecting Power Details For Your Electrical Devices.

Due to the interest on power consumption and especially standby power of different electrical devices and a lack of a central store of this information I am suggesting that we create our own.

If people are willing to get the specs of their electronic devices and send them to me then I will collate them in to a spreadsheet or possibly a database depending on the volume of data.

If people cannot find the information about power usage then if they can post the following information, I can see what I can find out. Please note the more information you can get the better as I will be doing this in my own time.

I will look for the best way to share it, whether it be on my own website or via a third party and make the link available (obviously free of charge) so people can download it with out having to request I send it to them individually. If it all goes well, hopefully the mods will be happy to sticky it.

Sending the details to me by email (Rim_Block-@-hotmail.com remove the '-' signs).would be preferred as it will not clutter up this thread. If for some reason someone does not want to send via PM then please use the following template to make it easier to incorporate into a single format for storing.

Item type:

(i.e. aircon (inverter/non-inverter), tv (Plasma/LCD/Led), set top box, games console etc)

Item subtype:

(i.e. fan coil, compressor, N/A)

Manufacturer:

Model number:

On power (watts):

Standby power (watts):

Other information:

(i.e. BTU rating for aircon)

So for an example,

Item Type: Air conditioner (Inverter)

Item subtype: Compressor (system 3)

Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Electric

Model Number: MXZ-3A54VA

On Power (watts): 590w-1,600w

Standby power (watts): not specified.

Other information:

Heating power usage: 1,455w

Manual: here

The format of the information collected will 'mature' as need be. If anyone has a beeter suggestion for the information to be collected please let me know.

For information that is not available in the manuals, when we get a collection together, I will write to the companies and request the information. Better to do it in bulk rather than one at a time.

RB

Edited by RimBlock

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request