Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
everton

Rugs

Hi Does anyone know where I can buy or make a rug for my living room. Looking for something larger than what is usually sold in the lifestyle shops. Approx 10ft by 13 ft.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Have you tried VOSCH Element at Liang Court?

They have a LOT of carpets and rugs. Give them a shout.

Thanks, I did. But their prices were way too high for what I can afford. Saw a rug that I liked from their Heavenly Collection but the size was wrong. I think it's 6ft by 8ft. Need one that's 9ft x 12 ft. They said that they could have it made to those specifications but it would cost abt 10k. silk no doubt, but 10k for a rug that i'm going to step on every day?! I've since found this other company called The Rug Maker which can do it for much less and I can create the design myself. It takes abt 6-8 weeks and should be ready by 3rd week of Nov. Hope it turns out the way I want.

I cash & carry mine from JB, convert to SGD is only abt $200, 1.6x2.3m...is those kind u usually see on display at furnishing shops

u can also try out Mustafa Centre, ard $299/pc but quality wise u have to decide yurself

I cash & carry mine from JB, convert to SGD is only abt $200, 1.6x2.3m...is those kind u usually see on display at furnishing shops

u can also try out Mustafa Centre, ard $299/pc but quality wise u have to decide yurself

Thanks Hermes. Most of the shops I went to didnt have the size i was looking for. It's a less common size and not many shops carry rugs in those dimensions, apart from some of those selling persian rugs. I actually almost bought a rug from this shop near Tanglin mall. It was the right size and the design was quite nice, but when it came time to pay for it they wanted to charge me an extra 3 percent for using my credit card which I thought was totally absurd and GST. I couldnt believe these guys. Here they are operating a boutique along Tanglin road and their GST isnt' already factored into their price? At one point the guy even had the cheek to say its only 3% for using the credit card. I eventually left without buying the rug. Believe it or not the next day he calls me (He had my no as I'd called the shop and spoken wiht him before going down) and says he discussed the matter with his boss and 'because I'm a "first time customer " they would waive the 3%. HA! The crazy thing is I actually had my credit card out of my wallet and was about to hand it to the guy to charge the rug.....but he blew it.