Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
namuramc

Painting Kitchen Walls

Hi Guys, I'm currently doing a bit of planning for my reno for my kitchen. My kitchen has some areas (there's no kitchen cabinet, hob etc here) that are exposed. It's just open walls. Currently the walls are tilled, but the tiles are in pretty bad shape. I was thinking of knocking them down and either having them:

1) retiled

2) skimmed and painted over

My concern was mainly whether if I just painted those exposed areas, will the paint develop blotches over time due to oils resulting from cooking activities etc. Also I was hoping if you guys could recommend a paint that is particularly resistant to this and/or easy to clean. Other areas of my kitchen where the hob/hood and kitchen cabinets are will have a glass panel over it, so I don't plan to tile them. These exposed walls are basically framing the doors for the utility room and toilet.

Hoping to get some great insights from you all here and thanks in advance:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Guys, I'm currently doing a bit of planning for my reno for my kitchen. My kitchen has some areas (there's no kitchen cabinet, hob etc here) that are exposed. It's just open walls. Currently the walls are tilled, but the tiles are in pretty bad shape. I was thinking of knocking them down and either having them:

1) retiled

My concern was mainly whether if I just painted those exposed areas, will the paint develop blotches over time due to oils resulting from cooking activities etc. Also I was hoping if you guys could recommend a paint that is particularly resistant to this and/or easy to clean. Other areas of my kitchen where the hob/hood and kitchen cabinets are will have a glass panel over it, so I don't plan to tile them. These exposed walls are basically framing the doors for the utility room and toilet.

You may wanna try this i guess...!

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/products/int...ash-with-teflon

the wall closest to stove is advised to have tiles/glass/SS panel. If tiles, u can request them to tile only the middle section, not the whole wall.

Thanks for the tip hihihi, appreciated. I will likely place a SS panel there, and the areas between the top unit and the bottom unit I will probably place glass there. My contractor recommended easy wash as well. That's going into my quote right now:) Appreciate the inputs guys!:)

1) retiled

Hi there,

We are not laying any wall tiles here and our painter from dulux suggested us to paint weather shield :) He says it is easier to clean. We dunnoe how will it be like but i guess he is pro so we are going for it. :)

Hi auguston, sounds like a really creative option:) Surely it will turn out well! I'll be going for Nippon easywash on my end and now I just gotta look for an equivalent to the Pearl Glo range which Nippon can offer.

hi all, i am planning a revamp for my kitchen as well and part of saving some $$$ is not to have wall tiles - are the weather shield/easywash paints working out well for you guys? i am suggesting to my contractor to just hack all the old tiles and paint them over but he mentioned it needs to be plastered to even out and painted, but tiles may be needed over at the cabinet/stove side - is a glass or ss back better and do i actually need tiles behind the glass?