Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cleey

Taugres Tiles

hi all, our ID brought us to Taugres for tiles selection

they have limited choices and none are what we want for our living room

must we really pick one or should we request to go to other company for selection

we appreciate all suggestions, thanks in advance :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Check your agreement. I don't think it'll say that you must use them, rt? Why don't you just talk to your ID and say that you don't fancy the tiles you've seen and ask for further recommendations. At the same time, I think you should feel free to go around on your own too, and if you see something you like, you could then ask your ID to accompany you.

I think you can choose from any stores as long as you dont exceed the price (e.g $3 psf) even if it does you just need to topup.

Sometime they bring you to the stores because they have an account with that particular store.

Just like my case. I am able to go to any stores, my ID was flexible.

thanks all, we went to another company on our own today and can find all the tiles we like there...have not talk to our ID.

our ID should know that we are not happy with the choices but he never suggest going to another tile shop.

also, we are supposed to confirm our selection by today, the latest in order not to delay the HO but there was no follow-up at all.

besides the tiles selection, we do have other problems with him.

what would you do if you are in our shoes?

just be honest and tell him tt u're not happy wif his service and wat he has done thus far. tell him u expected better service and closer project management.

if he still doesn't improve, shoot him an email or sms stating all the past "events", "actions" by him tt u guys are displeased about. this is just to record your dissatisfaction with him in black-and-white to avoid future disputes. he cannot claim tt u did not express ur dissatisfaction to him.

thanks all, we went to another company on our own today and can find all the tiles we like there...have not talk to our ID.

our ID should know that we are not happy with the choices but he never suggest going to another tile shop.

also, we are supposed to confirm our selection by today, the latest in order not to delay the HO but there was no follow-up at all.

BAIL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel in your case you have already just paid him a deposit right so let the work continue till that amount then bail out or ask his company for a change of ID no point sticking it out and regretting if your work is delayed or blotched up...Good Luck

Edited by vinder79

sometimes frm our perspective, we may think it's the last day to do so....but sometimes the ID/contractor has built in extra time for his works, so ur last day may not be his last last day.

usually if the tiles supplier has stock for the tiles u select, it is possible for them to deliver the whole lot required on the next day. so yes, it is prudent to be concerned and voice ur concerns, but dun overly worry until ur ID/contractor has demonstrated beyond doubt that he is really unable to handle it.

fyi, my hacking started on 18th, i selected all but one of my materials on 20th. my tiling started on 29th.

maybe u should try talking to him nicley first...bcos yr problem might not be his problem...or maybe he doesnt know he is having problem or giving you probblems :D

show him who is the "boss" later if really no point being nice.

just an update on this...we finally talked to our ID and both agree to cancel the contract.

cancellation of permit only completed today...it could be much earlier if he did not take it slow (very slow in fact)

glad that we never stick with him otherwise we foresee more problems :yamseng:

did u pay the deposit already?

did u manage to get any portion of the deposit back?

yes, all deposit back and we paid only for the work done.