Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
esparto

White Homogenous Tiles

I spoken to the floor contractor. He mentioned that white homogenous tiles difficult to do up. As when we purchased it that time we only be seeing one piece of the tiles. After laying the tiles on the hall, there might be some tiles that are slightly darker. Overall, will see patches. How true is this?

Anyone has white homogenous tiles, please share with me the outcome of ur flooring. Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I spoken to the floor contractor. He mentioned that white homogenous tiles difficult to do up. As when we purchased it that time we only be seeing one piece of the tiles. After laying the tiles on the hall, there might be some tiles that are slightly darker. Overall, will see patches. How true is this?

Anyone has white homogenous tiles, please share with me the outcome of ur flooring. Thank you.

My place doesn't exactly have pure white homogenous tiles. It looks more yellowish than white. I think it depends on angle of light etc? if it helps, my flooring is still shiny even after one year. Not sure about patches. Do you mean watermarks?

Dirt and all is quite obvious because it's light color. However, I can't say the same for grout lines. My grout lines have darkened and cleaning is quite a pain...

if u wan really really pure white look for ur floor, den as far as homo tiles are concerned, u can consider choosing wat the tile suppliers call "Crystal White".

but its not cheap. it's $10+ per sq ft, not ur usual $3-$5 per sq ft for homo tiles.

i also wanted very white floor tiles. eventually chose 1 at Hafary costing $4.20 per sq ft, but it still wasn't that white. when placed next to the "Crystal White", the non-whiteness was so obvious. and unfortunately the "Crystal White" tile just happens to be there on display at the area where i was choosing my tiles. :(

but just as i was about to leave the area, i saw 1 homo tile...same price $4.20, but very very white wif light gray irregular-shaped "clouds" pattern, like those marble look. I immediately stopped in my tracks, stood there and stared at that tile. Called my ID to come back and look at it. He okayed the look, said it wldn't spoil my overall theme, and would in fact somewhat achieve the white marble look tt i once considered but gave up due to budget constraints.

so i changed my floor tiles to this marble look-alike. small sample below for your reference.

IMAG0221.jpg

Edited by manutd1972

We chose the whitest homo tile $4.20 from Soon Bee Huat (Changi).

One major problem we didn't anticipate was the unevenness.

According to the company, for tiles to be very white, the tiles can't be 'burnt' for too long (if not will turn yellow).

Hence the unevenness.

So we had problem with uneven floor tiles :(

(solution was for the tiler to put these uneven tiles at the sides or bring it back to company to exchange for even ones)

But I still love the colour.

U can take a look at our pic at this thread:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34471