Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

Congrats Rhino!! Finally your turn liao!

A quick tip if you're considering a rainshower - we went by to buy the shower head on Deepavali and our ID updated us that we can't fit a rain shower inside because of the casing concealing the pipes :~

Good luck for your reno, and do get a clean 3D design and quotation from your ID! We're having some problems with our design and pricing because these were not finalised prior to reno commencement >.<

Oh really?? hmm.. need to check with my ID regarding the rain shower.. he know that i am fitting in my MBR but he did not mention it cannot be done when he see the casing leh.. hmmm..

think me same case as yours, my 3D design and quotation is not final.. partly our fault as well coz we keep adding things.. so now its more like of a trust on him to get things done at a reasonable cost.. :unsure:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Continued... :P

see from many blogs here after taking possession of new flat from hdb, first thing to do is to check for hollow tiles! but... after knock here knock there for just 10 tiles, we gave up! seriously how you people hear the hollowness?? to me seems like no difference at all! so anyway we just told ourselves we are very lucky people so the tiles sure no problem! :dancingqueen: hehe.. generally we are happy with the quality of the works done by Kay Lim, the contractor for punggol vista.. we just have some issues with the windows but it was promptly rectified after we report the defects so kudos to hdb and their contractors! :good:

oh before i forget again, here is the floorplan of our home;

floorplan.jpg

The original kitchen wall highlighted in blue will be hacked away to make way for our open-concept kitchen, which will be extended out in the area highlighted in yellow where our kitchen cabinets will be.. effectively the highlight of our house will be the kitchen, rightfully so since its also the most expensive part of our renovation.. haha.. *sweat*

Area in red will be our partition for fengshui purpose, since "they" say cannot one straight line from main door to windows otherwise cannot retain money and luck within the house. It also double up as our shoe plus display cabinet..

Area in green is where our wardrobe will be, trying to create a WIW effect here but obviously its not, since the wardrobe is only measuring at 6 feet.. but nonetheless, we like this idea! :D

You might need to check with your ID again :-) I think my ID was telling the salesperson at the toiletries shop that he should be expecting many refunds from the Punggol Vista and nearby areas for rain showers because of this :)

Does your "WIW" have a door? Cos I heard the open-air ones (particularly for ours, so near the toilet) tend to create mould, and the dust is quite spectacular also..

You might need to check with your ID again :-) I think my ID was telling the salesperson at the toiletries shop that he should be expecting many refunds from the Punggol Vista and nearby areas for rain showers because of this :)

Does your "WIW" have a door? Cos I heard the open-air ones (particularly for ours, so near the toilet) tend to create mould, and the dust is quite spectacular also..

haha ya the wardrobe itself got doors, coz worried of dust too! but mould?? issit that bad if place near the toilet? hmm..

i still cannot understand why cannot fixed the rain shower leh.. muz go on site n visualise!

see from many blogs here after taking possession of new flat from hdb, first thing to do is to check for hollow tiles! but... after knock here knock there for just 10 tiles, we gave up! seriously how you people hear the hollowness?? to me seems like no difference at all! so anyway we just told ourselves we are very lucky people so the tiles sure no problem! :dancingqueen: hehe.. generally we are happy with the quality of the works done by Kay Lim, the contractor for punggol vista.. we just have some issues with the windows but it was promptly rectified after we report the defects so kudos to hdb and their contractors! :good:

kay lim should be good. i know because i've knocked every single piece of my tiles (treelodge is also by kay lim). nonetheless, there are still some minor areas that need rectifications.

A quick tip if you're considering a rainshower - we went by to buy the shower head on Deepavali and our ID updated us that we can't fit a rain shower inside because of the casing concealing the pipes :~

unless vista is different, not sure how the casing concealing the pipes will affect the rainshower. the pipes usually run from the ground up to the mixer, and the screws/installation of the rainshower is above the mixer. if hdb/kay lim can fixed the existing shower head, how is the rain shower different? :unsure:

*Drums Rolling* 3D drawings coming soon! haha.. not much people come in to sarpork so to maintain moltivation to carry on writing, must self-high a little! :lol:

After 2 months of countless meetings with IDs(actually not alot la, as compared to some of the folks here :P), we finally confirm with Red Audi in the early october.. We verbally confirm with him and he immediately proceed to start on the 3D drawings, without me having to pay the deposit. I did mention to him and he say no hurry.. very funny.. my missus joke that we 2 very strange, one in a hurry to pay but the other one very relax about collecting payment when it should be the other way round! haha! maybe he can see we are trustworthy people.. wahaha!! :rofl: so we pay him only after our loan is approved, and after he had made several amendments to the 3d drawings.. This is what i call trust!

One of the reasons why i am sway towards Red Audi is his proposal for the partition that i required for Fengshui purpose. When all others only give me the option of using glass panel as the partition, he is the only ID to propose to combine partion, shoe cabinet and display cabinet into one. I simply love this! :good: Love the painting at the side of the wall too but unfortunately that is just artist impression... Anyone know where i can get similar style of paintings?

FOYER2ps.jpg

My extended kitchen and the feature wall to cover the bomb shelter, the feature wall will actually extend a little into the original kitchen so that it can cover the side of the cabinets. The cabinets will have stainless steel strips running across as designs but my ID say his kung fu with the software not sufficient to add to the drawings such fine details.. haha!

KITCHENSINK_whiteTop.jpg

Taking a look inside the kitchen, notice the dark floor tiles? Yes, we are overlaying the original hdb peach floor tiles with dark ones! :thumbs up: absolutely think this moolas must spend since we really don't like the original one and really don't think they match the design theme of the whole kitchen.. If you compare this 3D with my pre-reno pic i posted before, you will notice something change as well... something we really dislike is gone... hehehehe...

KITCHENSTOVE_whiteTop.jpg

stay tuned! more pics coming in the next post...

Taking a look at my hall, which is just a small piece of space.. TV feature wall should be the same design, and we are using wallpaper for the wall behind the sofa and it will extend all the way to the partition near the door.. keeping the ceiling works simple although initially i think is too boring.. but judging the height of my ceiling and the small space, simplicity is the best option. ;)

LIVINGAREAalternative1.jpg

Our MBR! We both really like the overall feel of it, so instantly passed this design without amendments, except for the feature wall on the left which is actually the backing of the our wardrobe.. The design of the feature wall is... hmmm.. u need an acquired taste to appreciate it.

MASTERBEDROOM.jpg

And our WIW wannabe.. hehe.. we love it so i told Red Audi to replicate exactly the same thing for us! :D

Wardrobe.jpg

Wow the drawings are nice... Love the extended kitchen & mbr.. Care to share the est cost of Reno?looking forward to see the actual pics

Wow the drawings are nice... Love the extended kitchen & mbr.. Care to share the est cost of Reno?looking forward to see the actual pics

Thanks! :)

the reno is about 37k but its inclusive of "accessories" like doors (our whole house only have main door, we opt out for the rest), wall papers and etc..

hi BlurRhino

Your prespective drawings very swee... and good luck to your renovation ... hope your journey is a pleasant one.

Your main focus seems to be the kitchen ...wow very impressive and awesome but the living area looks kinda small... maybe instead of wallpapers can consider some mirror to give a bigger impression.

Noted in your siggy that u are using Mitsubishi System 3 non inverter too, did u upgrade from the standard 3/8 inches to 1/2 inches armflex for the trunking ? Is it advisable to upgrade ?

Thanks

Thanks! :)

the reno is about 37k but its inclusive of "accessories" like doors (our whole house only have main door, we opt out for the rest), wall papers and etc..

woo, very nice drawings. This is inclusive of all materials? flooring, hacking? If so, I think that's a very attractive quote too!

like yr open concept kitchen. We almost wanted to do that, but in the end decided against it bc of the oil etc. But that's bc we cook everyday ..

haha ya the wardrobe itself got doors, coz worried of dust too! but mould?? issit that bad if place near the toilet? hmm..

i still cannot understand why cannot fixed the rain shower leh.. muz go on site n visualise!

Wow, 37k is good! Looking at your 3D designs, suddenly feel depressed that my reno is 41k and I think not even as kirat kirat haha..

About the rain shower, here's a pic of the bathroom:

bathroomf.jpg

Not quite sure why our ID told us cannot fit the rainshower, but we assumed it's because of the box-up. Now that I've read this, I think maybe kena conned liao.

Wow, 37k is good! Looking at your 3D designs, suddenly feel depressed that my reno is 41k and I think not even as kirat kirat haha..

About the rain shower, here's a pic of the bathroom:

bathroomf.jpg

Not quite sure why our ID told us cannot fit the rainshower, but we assumed it's because of the box-up. Now that I've read this, I think maybe kena conned liao.

from our understanding, you need to have at least 7feet clearance to really enjoy the rain. Of course, the higher you can place the shower head, the more shiok the effect. For me at FV, I have slightly less than 7 feet from floor to the false ceiling, hence was advised against using one. Sort of like not worth spending so much to get reduced enjoyment of the supposed rainshower. Further more, for our toilets, shower head etc all done up, so I will have to dismantle a good set - a bit xin tong.

That said, though, I have seen someone, but forgotten who (in RT) make a hole in the "ceiling board" so as to extend the rain shower head above, hence increasing the height.