Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurRhino

Togetherness...

oh I absolutely loved this too!!

but above my budget

how much did you pay for it??

may i also ask for wide is it? I forgot already but have so far not found a better replacement

hihi! u asking about the length or the depth of the sofa? hmm.. i will need to check where i keep the measurements though... hmmm..

I got this as a package together with my dining set, coffee table and tv console at 6 grand.. ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My missus complained to me earlier in the evening why i did not mention anything about the false ceiling that are been done.. Problem is the false ceiling look bland without lightings and most importantly, the photos i take sux.. But she say my reno journal are not completed without mentioning this detail.. haha.. so no choice have to throw face here and pull out 2 photos to show the false ceilings.. :P

Backtrack to my first week of reno...

Red Audi mentioned that he prefer to start things from top to bottom so the false ceiling was the first to come right after hacking, and they are very fast to complete their works! think they take about 2 days to complete the false ceilings and box-ups of for my whole house.. :good:

From MBR..

DSC00925.jpg

From Kitchen... Left is the false ceiling that extended out to my original kitchen area, and on the far right you got a glimpse of the false ceiling in my hall..

DSC00941.jpg

Okay as mentioned the photos above sux.. haha.. don't know what i taking at all.. Anyway really glad that missus stop me from buying a prosumer camera, as i totally cannot make it when it come to framing shots.. think will just be a waste of monies lo.. :(

Hahaha, the pics are nice! And I think it's true, you have a lot of cove lights! :P

Actually, after my house lights were installed, I realised that downlights produce very little actual lighting - I actually have to rely a lot on the cove lights to brighten the place up!

Hahaha, the pics are nice! And I think it's true, you have a lot of cove lights! :P

Actually, after my house lights were installed, I realised that downlights produce very little actual lighting - I actually have to rely a lot on the cove lights to brighten the place up!

huh.. dun scare me leh, i primarily used downlights for lighting purpose lo.. so if they are not bright enough, then i am in trouble! hmmm.. :unsure:

huh.. dun scare me leh, i primarily used downlights for lighting purpose lo.. so if they are not bright enough, then i am in trouble! hmmm.. :unsure:

My thoughts precisely! I'll be moving in tomorrow (still some outstanding things over the weekend, but should be no problem), so I'll take some pics at night to show you what I mean.. my iphone camera res might not be fantastic though :)

My thoughts precisely! I'll be moving in tomorrow (still some outstanding things over the weekend, but should be no problem), so I'll take some pics at night to show you what I mean.. my iphone camera res might not be fantastic though :)

haha thanks! iphone camera resolution is quite good leh, the pics used in my furniture story are taken by my gf using her iphone lor and i think its great! ;)

Updates..

Meet my carpenter today, impression is excellent!! :) Like what my colleague who used the same carpenter had mentioned to me, this carpenter can go become an ID liao! He can create fantastic drawings freehand on the spot (from front, side and even bird-eye view! :o ), which allow us to visualize what he intend to do and together with Red Audi, give plenty of suggestions and improvements to our original design based on the 3D pics.. In fact i enjoy seeing both of them debating over the laminates and colours to be used, very interesting lor! hehe.. Now can't wait to see the final products, hope its as good as what i think it will be!!

I think our final product will look different from the 3D pics lo.. haha.. But now i know why Red Audi nicknamed this carpenter giorgio armani, really very stylish! :lol:

Overall have a mentally tired but very satisfactory session this afternoon.. Great!! :) Perhaps the only downside is because due to year-end peak period, the carpenter can only delivered early Jan so my handover will be postponed too.. Not too much of a problem for us as we are not in a hurry to move, the only hassle is that moi have to call several places to re-schedule delivery of electronics and furniture... hmmm.. Well, i guess good things just have to wait ba!

Updates..

Meet my carpenter today, impression is excellent!! :) Like what my colleague who used the same carpenter had mentioned to me, this carpenter can go become an ID liao! He can create fantastic drawings freehand on the spot (from front, side and even bird-eye view! :o ), which allow us to visualize what he intend to do and together with Red Audi, give plenty of suggestions and improvements to our original design based on the 3D pics.. In fact i enjoy seeing both of them debating over the laminates and colours to be used, very interesting lor! hehe.. Now can't wait to see the final products, hope its as good as what i think it will be!!

I think our final product will look different from the 3D pics lo.. haha.. But now i know why Red Audi nicknamed this carpenter giorgio armani, really very stylish! :lol:

Overall have a mentally tired but very satisfactory session this afternoon.. Great!! :) Perhaps the only downside is because due to year-end peak period, the carpenter can only delivered early Jan so my handover will be postponed too.. Not too much of a problem for us as we are not in a hurry to move, the only hassle is that moi have to call several places to re-schedule delivery of electronics and furniture... hmmm.. Well, i guess good things just have to wait ba!

It is indeed hard to find such a good carpenter... if the overall worksmanship is good.. then the overall experience will be even better and the carpenter is indeed a rare gem :good:

It is indeed hard to find such a good carpenter... if the overall worksmanship is good.. then the overall experience will be even better and the carpenter is indeed a rare gem :good:

Haha ya lor, praying very hard he is indeed that good.. Will sure advertise big big for him in my blog!! wahahaha!! :lol:

sounds great..

care to share his contacts?

Hmmm you mean the carpenter's contact? sorry didn't cross my mind to get his contacts as i am liaising with him through Red Audi.. paiseh paiseh

As my tiling continue to the 3rd week, my impatience grows.. though i am tiling my whole house less the 2 rooms, part of MBR, toilets and using 3 different tiles, does it usually take this long? Though i will say the workmanship so far is quite good except for the skirting, which the tiler is redoing for me now, i really not sure why need to take so long to complete.. hmmm.. :unsure:

Anyway on the contrary, the electrician nicknamed by ID as Feng Yun is very efficient! Activated by Red Audi to fix the lights, he promised a dateline and delivered before it! :) Visit my house on a saturday night at 8pm+ and he was still around.. Immediately explain to us what he had done and express his concerns over the practicality of our lights chosen, and offer alternatives.. Great altitude and can see he really take responsibility of his work.. Good! :thumbs up:

Some glimpses of my passageway.. Like what Kerio had mentioned, think i will depend a lot on my cove lights for lighting lo... hmmm..

DSC00972.jpg

One of the rooms using LEDs.. now i know why LED save electricity, its not bright at all!! tsk tsk..

For study room, i will not suggest LEDs but for cozy room, LED is great! My other half actually feel that the LED lights look very romantic.. haha! :D

DSC00974.jpg

MBR.. note the cover of the downlights are not fixed yet as its glass and my electrician is concerned.. so he will come back and fix for me when everything is done..

DSC00969.jpg

The best thing is we don't need to visit our new house in darkness anymore!! yeah! :dancingqueen:

As my tiling continue to the 3rd week, my impatience grows.. though i am tiling my whole house less the 2 rooms, part of MBR, toilets and using 3 different tiles, does it usually take this long? Though i will say the workmanship so far is quite good except for the skirting, which the tiler is redoing for me now, i really not sure why need to take so long to complete.. hmmm.. :unsure:

Anyway on the contrary, the electrician nicknamed by ID as Feng Yun is very efficient! Activated by Red Audi to fix the lights, he promised a dateline and delivered before it! :) Visit my house on a saturday night at 8pm+ and he was still around.. Immediately explain to us what he had done and express his concerns over the practicality of our lights chosen, and offer alternatives.. Great altitude and can see he really take responsibility of his work.. Good! :thumbs up:

Some glimpses of my passageway.. Like what Kerio had mentioned, think i will depend a lot on my cove lights for lighting lo... hmmm..

DSC00972.jpg

One of the rooms using LEDs.. now i know why LED save electricity, its not bright at all!! tsk tsk..

For study room, i will not suggest LEDs but for cozy room, LED is great! My other half actually feel that the LED lights look very romantic.. haha! :D

DSC00974.jpg

MBR.. note the cover of the downlights are not fixed yet as its glass and my electrician is concerned.. so he will come back and fix for me when everything is done..

DSC00969.jpg

The best thing is we don't need to visit our new house in darkness anymore!! yeah! :dancingqueen:

Looks warm and cozy! :P

Hmmm you mean the carpenter's contact? sorry didn't cross my mind to get his contacts as i am liaising with him through Red Audi.. paiseh paiseh

Its alrite...maybe i will just check quote with Red Audi than..thanx..;)