Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhangjunjie

Questions Abt Pioneer Vsx 820k

Hi all,

i'm very new to this and hence abit lost.

is there anyone has experience with Pioneer VSX 820 amp ?

Got a question on volume on Pioneer vsx 820k to ask.

I've to turn the volume knob up to abt 40 before sounds start to come out from the speakers. I'll need to turn it to abt 50 to enjoy a good BD movie. is this normal ?

I've went down to some shops but i've only manage to check out the VSX 920. 920 volume seems to be in "negative" values. starts from -80db and i only started hearing sound when the values hits abt -35db ?

i'm using pioneer SHS-100 speakers

thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Could it be connection problem? It seems like your speaker requires very high gain from amp. Mine, Yamaha RXV659 average volume level is -30db.

Hi all,

I've to turn the volume knob up to abt 40 before sounds start to come out from the speakers. I'll need to turn it to abt 50 to enjoy a good BD movie. is this normal ?

I've went down to some shops but i've only manage to check out the VSX 920. 920 volume seems to be in "negative" values. starts from -80db and i only started hearing sound when the values hits abt -35db ?

thanks.

Hi all,

thanks.

think if not mistaken, yamaha AVR/amplifiers/pre-amps have their volume knob calibrated in negative values of dB (decibels), 0dB (most clockwise) being the loudest and -∞ dB being softest (most anti-clockwise). in audio-engineering this should be the correct notation since the human ear response of sound is logarithmic.

to get a fairly loud playback volume, the knob should be around 9~11 o'clock position. but this will depend on the efficiency of the speakers in question, as some models require more power to make it sing louder, while some dun need that much power to attain similar sound pressure level (SPL).