Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Yas

Kitchen Cabinet Flaws..need 2nd Opinion Urgently

Hi,

I really hope to get opinion with regards to my kitchen cabinet finishings. Feeling sad n glum becoz we felt that the Id is making a fool of us. My questions are.. Is it normal for a long cabinet finishing of about 10 feet before the sink area to have an obvious joint laminate at the top of the cabinet? Is it also a norm for a cabinet with a 45 degree as an opening ( that means my cabinet door does not have any holders) to have a slight gap in betwn the two doors? Pls help me with ur opinions...i am really fed up with this id of mine. Ur opinion really matters as his workmanship for my whole house is horrible. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got pics to show? Sometimes if your lift cannot fit in the entire cabinet then have to break up to smaller pieces n subsequently join up.

Got pics to show? Sometimes if your lift cannot fit in the entire cabinet then have to break up to smaller pieces n subsequently join up.

Thnx neubie for the reply and

I do have picture but i am still figuring out to post here as i am using my iphone...i do understand if there us a need to break to smaller pieces but the problem is the joining are really not aligned as i am using the laminate that has wood designs on it. Therefore if it is not joined properly it is very obvious that a part of it is out of place. The id says it us because the laminate design i order comes in 6 feet therefore it is difficult to match...is there such nonsense? The id even challenged us to ask ard n to me his service is really f****** up n he is rude.

Thnx neubie for the reply and

I do have picture but i am still figuring out to post here as i am using my iphone...i do understand if there us a need to break to smaller pieces but the problem is the joining are really not aligned as i am using the laminate that has wood designs on it. Therefore if it is not joined properly it is very obvious that a part of it is out of place. The id says it us because the laminate design i order comes in 6 feet therefore it is difficult to match...is there such nonsense? The id even challenged us to ask ard n to me his service is really f****** up n he is rude.

best if u can post pics for us to see how bad is the problem before commenting... u can download photobucket app in iTunes, create a new free account, upload the photos and paste the link here...

Hi,

I really hope to get opinion with regards to my kitchen cabinet finishings. Feeling sad n glum becoz we felt that the Id is making a fool of us. My questions are.. Is it normal for a long cabinet finishing of about 10 feet before the sink area to have an obvious joint laminate at the top of the cabinet? Is it also a norm for a cabinet with a 45 degree as an opening ( that means my cabinet door does not have any holders) to have a slight gap in betwn the two doors? Pls help me with ur opinions...i am really fed up with this id of mine. Ur opinion really matters as his workmanship for my whole house is horrible. :(

1) laminate comes in size of 4feet x 8feet, hence... for cabinet longer than that.... a joint is needed.

2) 45degree... do u mean the edge of the door is created as a 45degree to act as a handle? well just for your info. normally as wat i know a abt 3mm gap is a so call a must for the ease of opening of the door.

hope these help. sry if i mislead wat u intend to stated. (me = poor english)

Hi,

I really hope to get opinion with regards to my kitchen cabinet finishings. Feeling sad n glum becoz we felt that the Id is making a fool of us. My questions are.. Is it normal for a long cabinet finishing of about 10 feet before the sink area to have an obvious joint laminate at the top of the cabinet? Is it also a norm for a cabinet with a 45 degree as an opening ( that means my cabinet door does not have any holders) to have a slight gap in betwn the two doors?

hi,

normally from what i notice is there will be a 3mm-4mm gap between two doors regardless whether you have or have no handles, BUT if it is a top & bottom door with a 45 degree slanting type handle, the gap between 2 doors will be at least about 18-20mm for your finger to go in to hold the door to open.

for wood grain laminates, think the line may not joint straight as grains is not 100% straight in the 1st place, so some can join, some cannot. think laminates comes in 4ft-5ft wide x 8-10ft length.

hope this helps you ;)

best if u can post pics for us to see how bad is the problem before commenting... u can download photobucket app in iTunes, create a new free account, upload the photos and paste the link here...

Thx for the info will try to download it...

1) laminate comes in size of 4feet x 8feet, hence... for cabinet longer than that.... a joint is needed.

2) 45degree... do u mean the edge of the door is created as a 45degree to act as a handle? well just for your info. normally as wat i know a abt 3mm gap is a so call a must for the ease of opening of the door.

hope these help. sry if i mislead wat u intend to stated. (me = poor english)

Thx for the useful info...i dun mind the joint but it is joined in a way which is very obvious. I guess it is the poor workmanship.