Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nuar

Our Reno Adventure

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, Nuar,

Congrats on your completion of renovation... I like your kitchen... For the "bricks-look-alike" tiles, are those

normal ceremic or homogenous tiles (ie for example 300 x 300mm ) or it is those bricks size tiles?

BTW, is the floor in the living room and kitchen at the same level? Cos, according to my contracter, the kitchen's floor is supp to be

higher than the living room (Or the other way round)..

Thanks... :)

Hi, Nuar,

Congrats on your completion of renovation... I like your kitchen... For the "bricks-look-alike" tiles, are those

normal ceremic or homogenous tiles (ie for example 300 x 300mm ) or it is those bricks size tiles?

BTW, is the floor in the living room and kitchen at the same level? Cos, according to my contracter, the kitchen's floor is supp to be

higher than the living room (Or the other way round)..

Thanks... :)

Hi, Seabass,

Honestly, I have no idea about what kind of tiles are those bricks on the kitchen.... But those are not real bricks of course - the tile is about 300x200mm, it looks like a puzzle with a pictures and 3D effect of bricks. so, when tiles are laid, bricks pieces must match.

This is a small sample of this tile (only a piece of it).

IMG_1291.jpg

The floor in the kitchen was about 10cm lower than in the living. We leveled it with living room, because we extended the dining area into the kitchen. But there is still a drop in kitchen area (tiled space). My contractor told that it the level can be increased everywhere in the kitchen - only then you they will need to make a higher "step" in the common toilet, coz it will become same level as the kitchen.

I know that in some flats the floor in kitchen and living is already at the same level - so I don't understand why there should be this drop in other flats. :)

Hi, Seabass,

Honestly, I have no idea about what kind of tiles are those bricks on the kitchen.... But those are not real bricks of course - the tile is about 300x200mm, it looks like a puzzle with a pictures and 3D effect of bricks. so, when tiles are laid, bricks pieces must match.

This is a small sample of this tile (only a piece of it).

IMG_1291.jpg

The floor in the kitchen was about 10cm lower than in the living. We leveled it with living room, because we extended the dining area into the kitchen. But there is still a drop in kitchen area (tiled space). My contractor told that it the level can be increased everywhere in the kitchen - only then you they will need to make a higher "step" in the common toilet, coz it will become same level as the kitchen.

I know that in some flats the floor in kitchen and living is already at the same level - so I don't understand why there should be this drop in other flats. :)

Hi Nuar,

Thank u for the explaination... I will check with my contractor regarding the levelling...

Cheers ! :)