Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mistgun

Kitchen Cabinet Laminate Has Holes

Yesterday went to see the carpenter doing the final work on my kitchen cabinet. Notice 3 holes on the kitchen cabinet door laminate. Complained to the contractor and he used liquid paper to patch up the hole. Is this acceptable? Is it a common practice by carpenter to use liquid paper to patch up holes on the white laminates on the kitchen cabinet?

I have complained to my contractor and she says next monday when she comes back from holiday will check and update me on the next course of action.

If I were to wipe the kitchen cabinet surface next time all this liquid paper will sure come off and the small holes will likely to grow bigger and bigger....... :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
usually they use a small piece of sticker. it's white, round, and made of rubbery, plastic material.

So they normally won't change the whole piece only patch with this sticker is it?

So they normally won't change the whole piece only patch with this sticker is it?

if the holes on the outside panel i.e. can be seen w/o open the cabinet door can insist to change, but if holes r inside... err unlikely.

if the holes on the outside panel i.e. can be seen w/o open the cabinet door can insist to change, but if holes r inside... err unlikely.

thanks for your advice. the holes are external.. Will check with my contractor tmr to see whether she allow to change the cabinet door.. The more i see it the more ugly it look like

thanks for your advice. the holes are external.. Will check with my contractor tmr to see whether she allow to change the cabinet door.. The more i see it the more ugly it look like

Contractor inform will get the carpenter to change.. Hopes everything goes well from here..

Yesterday went to see the carpenter doing the final work on my kitchen cabinet. Notice 3 holes on the kitchen cabinet door laminate. Complained to the contractor and he used liquid paper to patch up the hole. Is this acceptable? Is it a common practice by carpenter to use liquid paper to patch up holes on the white laminates on the kitchen cabinet?

I have complained to my contractor and she says next monday when she comes back from holiday will check and update me on the next course of action.

If I were to wipe the kitchen cabinet surface next time all this liquid paper will sure come off and the small holes will likely to grow bigger and bigger....... :furious:

What type of contractor Singapore use? supplying laminate with holes n patch up with stickers n liquid paper??? This is outrageous!!

No wonder they love to drag the renovation process 4-6 weeks (to ensure we can't be there everyday to spot mistakes n sloppy workmanship)