Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I got the same experience with you houseowner. I actually paid $5000 for them to come up wif some lousy drawings, and it's been 1 mth plus, nothing decent so far. And their quotation is extremely over priced once u sign them.

The person who serve me is Marvin Wong (the boss if i'm not wrong). I have to admit he onli good at talking and convince you to sign the contract but after that u gonna pay so much more.

They have the worst communication I ever seen among so many designers i have met, they dun pay any attention to what u want but what they want you to put inside ur house so they can increase the quote.

Right now im changing to some other designers and the film is trying to charge me additional $8000 ($500 per USELESS drawing) regardless of I'm willing to buy it or not.

Hence I have contacted my lawyer and considering bring this case to court.

Lastly, they have quite a few companies under Max's image group. Like Wide angles, united I.D Pte Ltd which help them escape GST.

Guys please beware of them!! Think trice b4 signing them? No.. dun even think about them, they are worse than contractors..

Really have to think trice!!!

This is what happens:

- Things starts falling apart and when you call them to fixed it during warranty period, they will delay delay delay until warranty period if up and they tell you its none of their business now. Pay more then they will do it.

- Things that needs replacing as its of inferior quality:

-- Wardrobe door - starts to warp and the silver material that they use will start to come out those irky lines

-- Toilet vanity top - didnt last even a yr

-- kitchen cabinets - used the same silver that in our humidity climate will start to come out irky lines

- DO things that are not requested / forgotten to be done

-- Kitchen sink light... forgotten to install despite repeated reminders

-- measurement of study table wrong

-- supposed to add a layer of wood near window latch wall but it was forgotten and then unable to do as they have installed the windows grills

-- Done the sliding door to the kitchen wrongly and they asked you to pay for it to be re-done - end up you have to accept it as it is and it blocks the wind from coming in from the kitchen. then what was the purpose of having the kitchen wall hacked?

-- then you asked them why is there a gap between the sliding door and the wall, the next day you see a ugly "wall" thingy so that it will block the gap which they didn't even consult you before putting it.

-- went to patch up uneven wall and left it untouched - supposed to come back to paint it but it was left there for a yr even with chasing!

-- Main door painted white when we didn't request for it to be painted white. Colour combinations is so terrible! Main door is white, room doors are left as it is (brown) while the borders are grey! OMG... its terrible! And the terrible part is that, our main door is fire proof door supplied by HDB. If you paint it, whats the purpose of it being a fire proof door??

-- after works done, they left many glue patch on kitchen tiles and didn't bother to clean it up before handover and have to chase them to clean it up.

Don't bother to waste your money with them. Go for another firm. We had to engage another contractor to clean up their act and wished we had engaged them earlier as their work is so much better! You can really tell the difference. We had to slowly change most things as most of our money is paid for the lousy work and we still have to fork out money to pay for our current contractor to re-do most stuff!

This is what happens:

- Things starts falling apart and when you call them to fixed it during warranty period, they will delay delay delay until warranty period if up and they tell you its none of their business now. Pay more then they will do it.

-- Wardrobe door - starts to warp and the silver material that they use will start to come out those irky lines

-- kitchen cabinets - used the same silver that in our humidity climate will start to come out irky lines

-- supposed to add a layer of wood near window latch wall but it was forgotten and then unable to do as they have installed the windows grills

-- Done the sliding door to the kitchen wrongly and they asked you to pay for it to be re-done - end up you have to accept it as it is and it blocks the wind from coming in from the kitchen. then what was the purpose of having the kitchen wall hacked?

-- then you asked them why is there a gap between the sliding door and the wall, the next day you see a ugly "wall" thingy so that it will block the gap which they didn't even consult you before putting it.

-- went to patch up uneven wall and left it untouched - supposed to come back to paint it but it was left there for a yr even with chasing!

-- Main door painted white when we didn't request for it to be painted white. Colour combinations is so terrible! Main door is white, room doors are left as it is (brown) while the borders are grey! OMG... its terrible! And the terrible part is that, our main door is fire proof door supplied by HDB. If you paint it, whats the purpose of it being a fire proof door??

-- after works done, they left many glue patch on kitchen tiles and didn't bother to clean it up before handover and have to chase them to clean it up.

Don't bother to waste your money with them. Go for another firm. We had to engage another contractor to clean up their act and wished we had engaged them earlier as their work is so much better! You can really tell the difference. We had to slowly change most things as most of our money is paid for the lousy work and we still have to fork out money to pay for our current contractor to re-do most stuff!

GOODNESS! It sounds really horrible what they did... I just had a meeting with their GM (Max's Image) yesterday and yup, as what everyone said..I was sold by the things they say..but the ID I spoke to seems so convincing, pro and experienced... and he was also referred to me by someone else whose home was very well done up... I was wondering if it's just that particular ID who handled your case, Kimmy...

I was even discussing with my husband if we shd engage them for the reno since we have already looked for so many ID companies..abt 8 companies.

Those we were quite keen did not get back to us and those that were responsive gave very mediocre suggestions.....so torn!!

I thot Max's Image was the answer for us already until I came across this forum discussion topic...think I'm back to Square 1.

Anyone with differing views?

P/S: Thanks for sharing Kimmy

Please bear this in mind, real important.

Id/contractors can talk impressively until you fall in love with it. That is only 1 part.

You still need to feel it and see it. I mean showflats. You MUST see their showflats (only 1 unit, but a few).

I source for more than 15 id/contractors.....

Please never give up, source for more if you are not satisfy.

There are good id/contractors out there.

Take your time to sources.

Remember, you must see it and feel it. Not talk only.

If talk can make a customers sign the dotted line, then I am sure many would like to switch jobs to become id/contractors.

Be careful and good luck!

GOODNESS! It sounds really horrible what they did... I just had a meeting with their GM (Max's Image) yesterday and yup, as what everyone said..I was sold by the things they say..but the ID I spoke to seems so convincing, pro and experienced... and he was also referred to me by someone else whose home was very well done up... I was wondering if it's just that particular ID who handled your case, Kimmy...

I was even discussing with my husband if we shd engage them for the reno since we have already looked for so many ID companies..abt 8 companies.

Those we were quite keen did not get back to us and those that were responsive gave very mediocre suggestions.....so torn!!

I thot Max's Image was the answer for us already until I came across this forum discussion topic...think I'm back to Square 1.

Their GM? u mean Marvin Wong? I would give a 10 for his sales technique and 0 for their design.

Seriously, survey for more IDs b4 u engaged them..

This is what happens:

I would file a claim against them if i were u, i guess this ID really deserve a lesson from consumer.

I would file a claim against them if i were u, i guess this ID really deserve a lesson from consumer.

Well it has been nearly 3-4 yrs and nothing can really be done. We have already replaced what needed to be replaced first.

Probably in another few more yrs, if more things fall apart, will have to replace them too so we are saving up.

I guess its a lesson learnt... and I'm trying to let others know about our experience with them.

Their sales talk is fabulous... everything we asked for, they will tell you "sure no problem" etc etc but the actual work is crap!

Its not even according to what we actually proposed! I guess the 3D pictures are crap too... if you really want a designer, make sure they can draw out the actual draft for you. Any tom dick or harry can use a computer and do a 3D picture for you but not many can do the actual drawing. And I believe those who do the actual drawing are more professional and would look into details plus oversee the whole project as its their hard effort.

Their GM? u mean Marvin Wong? I would give a 10 for his sales technique and 0 for their design.

Seriously, survey for more IDs b4 u engaged them..

No, not Marvin but Damien...who apparently is more into Real Estate now and only does ID by referrals only. Hmmm....

any reviews on Damien, GM.

No, not Marvin but Damien...who apparently is more into Real Estate now and only does ID by referrals only. Hmmm....

any reviews on Damien, GM.

heard this max's image has changed their company name but still being run by the same owner... looks like they r into some sh*t that made them change their name... blardee ****... called them up for some warranty but their reply is "sorry ya, max's image no more liao, we cannot do anything... baskets" so most likely i have to get others to clear up their leftovers...

walls start to crack etc... oh goddd!!!!

piece of advise, avoid max's image or watever the name they changed to...!!! one word from me.... regret!!

heard this max's image has changed their company name but still being run by the same owner... looks like they r into some sh*t that made them change their name... blardee ****... called them up for some warranty but their reply is "sorry ya, max's image no more liao, we cannot do anything... baskets" so most likely i have to get others to clear up their leftovers...

walls start to crack etc... oh goddd!!!!

piece of advise, avoid max's image or watever the name they changed to...!!! one word from me.... regret!!

search for max image name and wala....

Max'S Image Design Studio

located at toa payoh..

becarefullllllllllllll