Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
esparto

Glass Door For Common Toilet

My masterbedroom toilet door is frosted Glass door. And the salesman told me that common toilet door cannot be frosted as guest will not dare to use the toilet (can see the shadow of the person inside) Therefore he recommended that a white sticker to stick at the inner part of the glass door. My concerns now are :

1. As it a open toilet shower area is very near to the glass door. Will mold and algae start to grow at the edge of the white sticker?

2. Cleaning of inner part of the screen must make sure the clothes that I'm using are super clean if not the paper will turn black?

3. As it a shower room, will the hot water steam slowly peel off the stickers?

The salesman told me all these will not happen? But I'm in doubt. I would wish to hear from those who had the white sticker pasted on the glass door to tell me abt their experience?

If not can someone pls help to suggest what I can do for the glass door other than the white sticker. And sad to said that this co. only have one kind of frosted film. And it definitely not abt to block the shadow (privacy level).

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My masterbedroom toilet door is frosted Glass door. And the salesman told me that common toilet door cannot be frosted as guest will not dare to use the toilet (can see the shadow of the person inside) Therefore he recommended that a white sticker to stick at the inner part of the glass door. My concerns now are :

1. As it a open toilet shower area is very near to the glass door. Will mold and algae start to grow at the edge of the white sticker?

It will depend

2. Cleaning of inner part of the screen must make sure the clothes that I'm using are super clean if not the paper will turn black?

The salesman told me all these will not happen? But I'm in doubt. I would wish to hear from those who had the white sticker pasted on the glass door to tell me abt their experience?

If not can someone pls help to suggest what I can do for the glass door other than the white sticker. And sad to said that this co. only have one kind of frosted film. And it definitely not abt to block the shadow (privacy level).

Hi Esparto,

If the stickers are really good, it will last you a year, and the mold / algae will be at the edges / glue area, as it is a food source for them,

Hmmmm... well that means it is not stain resistant.

Yes, steam and moisture will slowly peel off the sticker, how long will depend on the quality of the sticker,

But i guess that putting up the sticker will be your cheapest option, and probably you will need to change it, once in a while.

Painting it might get messy, but is also an option.

Hi esparto,

I am into glass work as well. Yes the frosted glass is not like you can not see any thing, as you say can see the shadow of the persons movements in the toilet. As is it in your master bed room, I think its ok. Most of the time when there is a guest, they will use the comment toilet. If you using the frosted glass, ask for acidic frosted glass. So that its easy to clean when there is shop on the glass. Normal frosted glass not able to clean that well. After some time you can see the colour change.

The other way will be use a white pray glass, never use a sticker for the toilet. All the problem you mention will happen, if not now later.