Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
akomono

Home Is Done Up Badly And Needed Advise From You Guys

1) Homogenous flooring tiles are poorly joined, edge can be felt, contractor mentioned "out of goodwill" they okie to

replace and try to retify a few tiles...but now, it is still poor

this may not be the worksmenship problem, it may due to the tiles. Some homogeneous tile have this corner warping problem, especially the cheaper ones that are commonly recommended by contractors

2) Carpentry - laminated poorly, quite alot of them had scratches from the poor handling of other workers, some areas

are poor joined for some surface. You feel as if they had made poor planning while pasting the laminate, and they had to cut additional pieces to patch up.

(this is made worse with our laminate design being those wood grain type, so its very obvious)

It may be too late to change this now cause they may have to pull out everything, for scratches you can try DIY store and get those wood polish to make it less obvious

3) Wall Paper -Poorly uneven cut edges. poor silicon/patching of the edge to the floor. Some with air bubbles inside.

this is confirm due to poor worksmenship, it will be worst during wet season

4) TV console - contractor mentioned budget is not enough, has to remove some glassed previously agreed upon. and the sides of the console now is raw, done with painting, and its badly painted, very rough and raw.

this is unacceptable...

5) the list goes on...

feel sorry for you

you may also try to approach The Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre(aka RADAC) if CASE cannot help. There are many renovation contractors in the market nowadays and some are really difficult to deal with. My advise for all is to find one with CASE and The Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre registered, which as a member they will have more control over dispute.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am have seemlier problem with my reno, my house have to be ready by this Thursday 27 march, but till today only half the work is done. For the past 1 week no one work, I have been calling my Id every day for at list 5 time. He never picks up my call r SMS. To date only 1 toilet tiling, 70% of wirering and WC pipes have been changed. Still got 1 more toilet, L-box, main door, main gate, and works at kichen. What do to? Pls help? My Reno only 17k, I have already paid 15k! I cant sleep for past 1 week.