Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
forgotten

Hack Wall At Service Yard

Has anyone hacked the wall between service yard and kitchen area? I noticed newer HDBs have that wall.

I like my house to be airy and bright. Somemore my new kitchen is going to be tiny. Will HDB grant the permit to hack the wall between service yard and kitchen area?

Thanks.

Edited by forgotten

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Has anyone hacked the wall between service yard and kitchen area? I noticed newer HDBs have that wall.

I like my house to be airy and bright. Somemore my new kitchen is going to be tiny. Will HDB grant the permit to hack the wall between service yard and kitchen area?

Thanks.

Yes it can be hack off. But pls note if there is any pipe running across the wall before you hack off the wall.

For my case, I hack off the divider wall vertically by half. meaning the divider wall that comes with lourved window & swinging glass door will be removed. The another half will remain as one of the kitchen pipe is running across the wall. I didn't noticed it until my contractor pointed out to me. It can block the ugly sight of the main pipe behind the wall.

One more thing to take note is the raising kerb between the service yard and kitchen. Some of these kerb are not supposed to be hack off as from HDB officer unless valid reason.

Yes it can be hack off. But pls note if there is any pipe running across the wall before you hack off the wall.

For my case, I hack off the divider wall vertically by half. meaning the divider wall that comes with lourved window & swinging glass door will be removed. The another half will remain as one of the kitchen pipe is running across the wall. I didn't noticed it until my contractor pointed out to me. It can block the ugly sight of the main pipe behind the wall.

One more thing to take note is the raising kerb between the service yard and kitchen. Some of these kerb are not supposed to be hack off as from HDB officer unless valid reason.

Thanks Anthen for the information. I appreciate it. :)

Initially I thought the whole service yard wall can be hacked off since it's not drawn in bold on the HDB floorplan.

Maybe I will just hack my wall into half like what you did. It will still provide kitchen with wind from the service yard windows.

How much did you pay for the hacking etc for that piece of wall?

Edited by forgotten

Thanks Anthen for the information. I appreciate it. :)

Initially I thought the whole service yard wall can be hacked off since it's not drawn in bold on the HDB floorplan.

Maybe I will just hack my wall into half like what you did. It will still provide kitchen with wind from the service yard windows.

How much did you pay for the hacking etc for that piece of wall?

I was quoted by $150 for hacking the wall by half, dismantle of 2set lourve windows and swinging glass door. And also apply to HDB for removal of kerb between the kitchen and yard and level the kitchen and yard if approved.

Bought a 10 year old resale flat, hacked the whole service yard, now kitchen looks so long long and spacious. Need to engage a PE to do that cos stiffners etc are involved.

On 3/14/2011 at 5:40 PM, Anthen said:

Hi Athen,

Possible to share your back yard n kitchen area after hacked? I mean photo ?

Many thks